What if the UFC was so willing to meet Masvidal's demands because Saudi royals offered to chip in??

Did Saudi royals bankroll Masvidal's high pay demands?

• Total voters
Think about it

Dana's hanging out on fight island, chummin it up with emirati royals. News of the Burns positive test comes through. A bunch of Saudi's that follow the sport are like "ayyy Danaa. I know you were having disputes with Masvidal. You see, me and the boys, we love us some Street Jesus. How about we throw ya' some change and we get this thing done?"

3IaBXRa.gif

Possible?
Likely?

Why would the Saudis care? Are you sure you don't mean the Emirati royals chipping in?

see above

saudis also offered to pay to host Wilder v Fury on a private yacht. These fuckers have untold amounts of money and are willing to piss away what is change to them (millions) for things like this
Where's the Salvator Mundi?????????

Think about it

Dana's hanging out on fight island, chummin it up with emirati royals. News of the Burns positive test comes through. A bunch of Saudi's that follow the sport are like "ayyy Danaa. I know you were having disputes with Masvidal. You see, me and the boys, we love us some Street Jesus. How about we throw ya' some change and we get this thing done?"

3IaBXRa.gif

Possible?
Likely?

jorge said he didnt get what he wanted to be happy. tells me the ufc got jorge to bend a knee and kiss the ring. this fighter lsland stuff in stupid. the ufc held 4 events in the city there be in for the next month.

Think about it

3IaBXRa.gif

Possible?
Likely?
Not at all far fetched to me. What's to say a billionaire who's hosting the fights wouldn't chip in another mil to make sure a fun fight happens to save the card.

Not at all far fetched to me. What's to say a billionaire who's hosting the fights wouldn't chip in another mil to make sure a fun fight happens to save the card.

like the city really cares who the main event is.

Entirely possible; maybe even plausible considering some of those guys owned 10% under the Zuffa years and I don't know what the current arrangements are

I would also say the UFC giving mas higher ppv points and maybe even next shot against Conor as a carrot could be a possibility

So if a humpback whale decides to ram the boat, Khabib loses his footing and Conor knees him into oblivion, that's all kosher according to the rules?
Dreamer! A russian whale would never interfere in the proceedings.

What were this demands from Masvidal? Demands that even in this urgent time were not met 100% but close, 2-3mill purse? Thats nothing for a few of those guys.

Tbh I think they were so willing because they know Marty's probably going to win and this likely ends Masvidal's relevance/ability to lead a economic movement.

If Sherdoggers were filthy rich you'd see them spend ridiculous amounts of money on MMA-related things

The royalty have ridiculous amounts of money... if they happen to be fans too... why not?

Weird that people are acting like rich people spending their money is a conspiracy theory ha.

No way Dana's greed fall into Masvidal's demand, so that's a possibility the Arabs has something to do with the signing of Masvidal.

Isn't Usman muslim? it was probably a big deal to have a muslim headlining the card.

But to have a country full of Muslim's watch a Muslim fighter get baptized by Street Jesus definitely won't go over very well. And that's what's gonna happen.

What were this demands from Masvidal? Demands that even in this urgent time were not met 100% but close, 2-3mill purse? Thats nothing for a few of those guys.

It was enough to make him take a very dangerous fight on very short notice.

Probably a few million for sure.

If it were a normal card with a crowd and not at 6 am I could see the royals from UAE putting pressure on Dana to deliver the card as promised with 3 title fights or offer to pay part of the bill especially if they had bragged about the fight card. But since it's a card clearly meant for the US market I doubt they would really care that much.

Of course then again they do throw millions away like they are nothing so you can't rule anything out.

Back