What is a "Resume"?

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score
In MMA that is.

I brought this up in another thread, but I think it's a good topic on its own.

We need to clearly define what it is before we use it as a point of debate. So the first question isn't "Who has the better resume?" It's: "What is a resume in MMA?"

Is a "resume" your entire (UFC) career or is it a list of your accomplishments/wins?

Since we started using this term for MMA, it's not that clearly defined, but if you put in your resume for a job, would you include that you're lazy or do you just highlight your strong points?

(That was a rhetorical question because I think we all know the answer.)

But what do you guys think?

For me when it comes to a resume the first thing that matters is the opponents that a fighter was able to beat.
The losses do matter but wins matter more.

So let's say that Charles sticks around for a couple more years and theoretically (that's a very important word) beats Islam, Poirier or Gaethje once more and someone like Tsarukyan or Gamrot.
In that case he would in my eyes have a better resume that Khabib for example, even tho he has got way more losses

hmm good question
I guess when they see someone has the best resume, they often refer to best wins and names. But i think you can add accomplishments and accolades too

I call it wins because in what world do you list negatives on a resume....?

Their record is their wins and losses.

I thought it was just another word people used instead of record.

Not to everyone sees it that way.

You can't debate "who has the better resume" without having the same starting point as to "what a resume is", yet that is what is happening.

Something that if I tell the truth on, I'll never get another job.

"Bu bu bu BUT honesty is the best! Honesty is rewarded!"

FU to all you lying ass employers.

a record, accolades. (notable) wins and losses

I think most people triangulate around the idea of a resume being your record of wins/losses, top fights, belts, etc...

Some people add in secondary issues like historic moments, non-fighting impact on the game (ala Conor), but the thrust is the above.

In MMA that is.

I brought this up in another thread, but I think it's a good topic on its own.

We need to clearly define what it is before we use it as a point of debate. So the first question isn't "Who has the better resume?" It's: "What is a resume in MMA?"

Is a "resume" your entire (UFC) career or is it a list of your accomplishments/wins?

Since we started using this term for MMA, it's not that clearly defined, but if you put in your resume for a job, would you include that you're lazy or do you just highlight your strong points?

(That was a rhetorical question because I think we all know the answer.)

But what do you guys think?
A job application form, listing ones accomplishments, experience and skills

Back