What is a "Resume"?

I think We also need to define how many fights You have to have to be considered for career accomplishments, as well as what Orgs fights actually contribute to that total.

To Me it doesn't seem right to compare career accomplishments favorably for a Guy with 10-12 fights over a Guy that has 30+ fights. For instance, Gane is 8-2 in the UFC while Arlovski has 23 UFC W's in 40 fights. Even if Gane were to win undisputed in his next fight or 2, I wouldn't put him in front of AA.

When I talk about a fighter's resume, it usually means he's either had a winning streak that is virtually impossible to duplicate (Fedor, Aldo), has fought more top tier opponents than almost anyone else in the sport (Sakuraba, Henderson) or basically jumped right into the deep end for their debut (Nastula, Yoshida, Lesnar).

If you listen to that bearded fucking nerd lunatic grifter bigot, just a series of jars.

iu
You should probably run to your closest safe space as fast as you can!

I thought the term was used to describe the fighters entire combat sports ranking and cumulative martial arts competition records outside of their Mma record.
Examples would be things like Bjj belt rankings and if they had competed in things like wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, submission grappling ect

Record - Your full history of work and existence in a sport...MMA history from the beginning to the end..wins loses draws etc

Resume-. A summary of accomplishments and experiences in relation to a sport.Could MMA accomplishments or other martial arts/sports...

This isnt hard ..you dont include loses on a resume , or failures...thats what records are for ...aka the FACTs...

If you listen to that bearded fucking nerd lunatic grifter bigot, just a series of jars.

iu
He also works for the Manhattan Institute (lol, CIA adjacent) and made a seemingly US government funded documentary about Uyghurs playing baseball o_O ( sorry to derail).

Synonymous with fight record. All work history (wins and losses all count as experience).

In MMA that is.

I brought this up in another thread, but I think it's a good topic on its own.

We need to clearly define what it is before we use it as a point of debate. So the first question isn't "Who has the better resume?" It's: "What is a resume in MMA?"

Is a "resume" your entire (UFC) career or is it a list of your accomplishments/wins?

Since we started using this term for MMA, it's not that clearly defined, but if you put in your resume for a job, would you include that you're lazy or do you just highlight your strong points?

(That was a rhetorical question because I think we all know the answer.)

But what do you guys think?

When talking resume, I've always thought about a fighters wins, not losses. I'm not sure that's correct, just how I've always viewed it. This is why I've said before that Charles has a better resume than Khabib (maybe we're thinking of the same thread), but at the moment I think Khabib has had a better career.

In MMA that is.

I brought this up in another thread, but I think it's a good topic on its own.

We need to clearly define what it is before we use it as a point of debate. So the first question isn't "Who has the better resume?" It's: "What is a resume in MMA?"

Is a "resume" your entire (UFC) career or is it a list of your accomplishments/wins?

Since we started using this term for MMA, it's not that clearly defined, but if you put in your resume for a job, would you include that you're lazy or do you just highlight your strong points?

(That was a rhetorical question because I think we all know the answer.)

But what do you guys think?
Imo a resume is what you've accomplishet. As the first reply said, finer word for record and stuff

For me when it comes to a resume the first thing that matters is the opponents that a fighter was able to beat.
The losses do matter but wins matter more.

So let's say that Charles sticks around for a couple more years and theoretically (that's a very important word) beats Islam, Poirier or Gaethje once more and someone like Tsarukyan or Gamrot.
In that case he would in my eyes have a better resume that Khabib for example, even tho he has got way more losses
Once Olivera has the same number of wins Khabib has over top tier opponents plus however many losses he has he pretty much has a better resume. Not losing is a huge point. However if Khabib simply did not fight those same number pf fights Olivera did who is to say he wouldn’t lose them all? Khabib had a more spectacular run however if we are talking legend status and a greater hero/villain for the sport you should start mentioning Chuckles up there amongst LEGENDS. He may lose but his name should be spoken amongst the Rampage’s the Shogun’s Bones GSP Chuck whomever is a legend of the sport. So if we are comparing legacies I gave not an iota of fuck when Khabib retires. Imagine the pain and emptiness in your soul if Olivera retired tomorrow? This is why Charles Olivera>Khabib by a hair and that hair is growing

When talking resume, I've always thought about a fighters wins, not losses. I'm not sure that's correct, just how I've always viewed it. This is why I've said before that Charles has a better resume than Khabib (maybe we're thinking of the same thread), but at the moment I think Khabib has had a better career.
I said the same thing that Olivera ‘s legacy surpassed Khabib’s but much different reasons.

Resume is a history of their career. Wins, losses, context to all of that, background pre-MMA. The whole shebang.

I always took it as synonymous for 'record' in the MMA context, though it could also be expanded to included the non-MMA record too (e.g. ADCC, NCAA wrestling, kickboxing, etc.).

I don't think it is fair to say that it would only cover wins, because you still recite your job history on a résumé, even though you only highlight positive accomplishments for each position (even if you sucked at that job or got fired).

E.g., Conor's résumé would still includes the Khabib fight, even though he and his fanboys would rationalize it by clinging to 'won a round' as the sole descriptor :D

Back