What is sherdogs obsession with Stipe?

Why don't you think he is? He's gone five hard rounds with the guy who KO'ed Werdum and Cain in a close fight, he has good striking, good wrestling, he's gassed here and there, so has everyone else but he has shown he can fight five rounds.

The forum doesn't have an obsession with Stipe, Rothwell on the other hand they're obsessed with.

Rothwell has better wins.

JDS is shot, and also he lost to jds. Stipe also ducked Rothwell.

at this point rothwell is the much more proven fighter IDK how it is even a discussion

half of sherdog doesn't even know who he is. the other half is neutral. stop inventing shit.

looks like cro cop?

wtf
stipe_mirko.0.JPG

20110608050751_827Q3643.jpg

What obsession? Except for that guy with the scream mask as avatar? (Stipe himself?)

HW bisping with power, except his division is so shallow that he has a pretty good chance at becoming champ imo.

I can see the comparison if the Roy Nelson fight is used, since Stipe was biking all over the Octagon to avoid the overhand. However, Bisping's biggest asset is his cardio whereas Miocic's best asset is his power and wrestling. If Stipe had Bisping cardio at HW, he'd be amazing.

I get the trunks, but their faces don't look too similar, imo

they kind've do in your first pic, there, so I back off a bit from my dickish stance

i agree the faces arent that similar in different photos but with the right haircut presto

i agree the faces arent that similar in different photos but with the right haircut presto

their brows look sorta similar to me, but Stipe's got the bigger jaw, and face in general

Stipe has a big, Sergei-type skull, and CC almost has that little Mousasi peanut chin

at this point rothwell is the much more proven fighter IDK how it is even a discussion

Does he?

Because I'm pretty sure Stipe is 3-0 against Arlovski, Gonzaga, and Hunt and Rothwell is 0-3 against that same group. So actually Stipe has the better wins.

Does he?

Because I'm pretty sure Stipe is 3-0 against Arlovski, Gonzaga, and Hunt and Rothwell is 0-3 against that same group. So actually Stipe has the better wins.

Rothwell just KO'd a fresh Reem who just came off his best win against JDS. Stipe couldn't beat JDS and was KO'D by struve who never Ko's anyone.

imo his wins over Reem, Barnett, and also a prime Roy nelson are better than stipes wins.

Most sherdoggers seem to hate on him tbh. He is one of the more talented HW's in the UFC right now, yet tons of people seem to get off on hating on him, it happens.

People being obsessed with obsession to the point they're seeing obsession where there's none is annoying.

He is alright I guess. His win over Andrei was great but Andrie's chin is always there for the taking.

Is it because he looks like cro-cop, even though he's from USA? Was Stipe's father or granfather an immigrant from croatia?

I just don't see the fighter you guys are seeing.
everybody says this but no one seems to remember a hw anthony jhonson bombed on arlovski for 3 rounds right before his big run in the ufc even breaking his jaw but still unable to put him away. its not that arlovskis chin is so weak its that his striking defense is nonexistent and everything lands cleanly.

I don't think it's sherdog. I think it's mostly that dork finalsay

There's one thread regarding stipe on the first page, and it's yours.

I am not sure either. Who has he really beat? An aging Hunt and AA, Fringe top 10'r Nelson, 205 Maldonando....and got his shit pushed in by freaking Stefan Struve. I am just not that interested in him yet.

I don't think it's sherdog. I think it's mostly that dork finalsay
Yes, one of the few knowledgable posters on the site
What obsession? Except for that guy with the scream mask as avatar? (Stipe himself?)
not obsessed, I'm just a decent judge of talent and skill. There haven't been many heavyweights in the history of the sport that are highly skilled.

Yes, those wins over Vera, Mitrione and Barnett sure did prove a lot

Yes, one of the few knowledgable posters on the site

not obsessed, I'm just a decent judge of talent and skill. There haven't been many heavyweights in the history of the sport that are highly skilled.

Yes, those wins over Vera, Mitrione and Barnett sure did prove a lot

are you being sarcastic or not

Back