International What is the truth behind Donald Trump?

This is literally what he said. “I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius,’ ” Mr. Trump said during the radio interview “Putin declares a big portion of of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’”I mean, he’s taking over a country for $2 worth of sanctions. I’d say that’s pretty smart,”“He was going to be satisfied with a piece and now he sees the weakness and the incompetence and the stupidity of this administration,”

Exactly.

He's calling the Biden administration weak and suggesting that Putin is taking advantage of that weakness, as any "smart" strongman would (including himself).

Do you see that as a call for more conciliatory words and policies on behalf of the Biden administration (and NATO)? I feel like it's a pretty clear call for what Trump sees as being the opposite: A show of "strength" through military posturing and action. And with that comes a suggestion that if he was in power this is what he would do.

Where do you disagree with my interpretation of that statement?

It seems like you're agreeing with me, at this point, and just putting words into my mouth so that you can keep up the appearance of disagreement.

I didn't say that it was some great insight.

All I said was that characterizing his statements as some sort of indication that he would be (or thinks others should be) more acquiescent to Putin is an intellectually dishonest and/or lazy interpretation of his words.

As you suggest, if anything Trump's ideas on the issue are dangerous precisely because they don't give Putin's nuclear deterrent the thoughtful and serious consideration warranted.

I am not agreeing with you. Trump's comments were idiotic because he is a moron and thinks like a moron. His idiotic base think it's brilliant because they are morons.

There is no lazyness or intellectual dishonesty in deciphering his words, he was praising Putin and criticizing the Nato allies for what is obvious. That a direct confrontation with Russia risks nuclear war. His comments are beyond stupid for a former POTUS. I should say he should know better but that is not the case

I just don't think those things compare to his actual meetings with Putin and all the secret contacts his group had with Russians. Also some of his actions against Russia were forced by Congress while Trump attempted to dismiss them.

I mean, look, I understand that this is the narrative. And I understand that to challenge that narrative with any sort of nuance or "inconvenient truth" gets you dismissed as a Trump apologist even if, like me, you are extremely clear on your thoughts on Trump as a delusional buffoon and a terrible president with anti-democratic tendencies.

So instead I'll just leave this video here and trust in your ability to put away your assumptions for just a little over 7 minutes to watch a small taste of documented reality:

I am not agreeing with you. Trump's comments were idiotic because he is a moron and thinks like a moron. His idiotic base think it's brilliant because they are morons.

There is no lazyness or intellectual dishonesty in deciphering his words, he was praising Putin and criticizing the Nato allies for what is obvious. That a direct confrontation with Russia risks nuclear war. His comments are beyond stupid for a former POTUS. I should say he should know better but that is not the case

Yup. You're agreeing with me. I agree with all of that.

I don't agree with the suggestion that Trump was cheering Putin on with those words or suggesting that Putin should be left to his own devices. He was doing the opposite. Which, again, you agree with. Otherwise you'd not be (correctly) focused on Trump's suggested course of action as risking nuclear confrontation. Surely Trump being buddy buddy with Putin wouldn't increase the risk of nuclear confrontation. But I don't have to tell you that because, like I said, you clearly already agree with me.

We even agree that he's beyond stupid and, as a former president, should know better. But you're determined to find a hair's breadth of disagreement between us to maintain the ludicrous narrative that Trump's words should be interpreted as a call for appeasement.

Yup. You're agreeing with me. I agree with all of that.

I don't agree with the suggestion that Trump was cheering Putin on with those words or suggesting that Putin should be left to his own devices. He was doing the opposite. Which, again, you agree with. Otherwise you'd not be (correctly) focused on Trump's suggested course of action as risking nuclear confrontation. Surely Trump being buddy buddy with Putin wouldn't increase the risk of nuclear confrontation. But I don't have to tell you that because, like I said, you clearly already agree with me.

We even agree that he's beyond stupid and, as a former president, should know better. But you're determined to find a hair's breadth of disagreement between us to maintain the ludicrous narrative that Trump's words should be interpreted as a call for appeasement.

Dammmit we. do. not. agree. I'm not here to agree but to disagree.

Besides trump was literally cheering on Putin and denigrating the current administration.

Exactly.

He's calling the Biden administration weak and suggesting that Putin is taking advantage of that weakness, as any "smart" strongman would (including himself).

Do you see that as a call for more conciliatory words and policies on behalf of the Biden administration (and NATO)? I feel like it's a pretty clear call for what Trump sees as being the opposite: A show of "strength" through military posturing and action. And with that comes a suggestion that if he was in power this is what he would do.

Where do you disagree with my interpretation of that statement?
I think maybe you're correct but Trump is wrong... {<shrug}

I mean, look, I understand that this is the narrative. And I understand that to challenge that narrative with any sort of nuance or "inconvenient truth" gets you dismissed as a Trump apologist even if, like me, you are extremely clear on your thoughts on Trump as a delusional buffoon and a terrible president with anti-democratic tendencies.

So instead I'll just leave this video here and trust in your ability to put away your assumptions for just a little over 7 minutes to watch a small taste of documented reality:

I saw that real time. Trump was tough on NATO and our allies. On Russia not so much.

meanwhile all this is your opinion.... good thing it stays this way.. Trump will go down in history as one of the best...

you have
2d7wt3.jpg

love putting these libtards in their place

Last edited:
I saw that real time. Trump was tough on NATO and our allies. On Russia not so much.

But... are you not understanding the conversation? Tough on NATO for not being tough on Russia, no? (I mean, he wasn't tough on all of NATO here. He was complimentary to Poland.)

And what's tougher on Russia than suggesting that other nations shouldn't buy energy from them? Isn't that a big part of the current sanctions? Is proposing the cessation of purchasing energy from Russia being tough on Russia or is it not?

I honestly and sincerely don't understand how these ideas logically coexist in someone's brain.

Last edited:
I think maybe you're correct but Trump is wrong... {<shrug}

I also think he's probably wrong (I say "probably" because, let's be honest, dealing with someone like Putin who has nuclear weapons isn't going to have any clear cut "correct" path). But I was never defending his perspective. I was only calling for an honest accounting of it.

Dammmit we. do. not. agree. I'm not here to agree but to disagree.

Besides trump was literally cheering on Putin and denigrating the current administration.

Denigrating the current administration for what? For being too hawkish on Russia?

If that's your opinion, then you're right; we disagree.

But if you feel he was denigrating the current administration because (in his opinion) they were being too dovish, then sorry fella, but we're in lock step.

Don't forget that Hunter was in business with his uncle and the big guy got 10%

This

Tony Bobulinski, Hunter Biden and China: an explainer
  • Tony Bobulinski is a former Navy lieutenant and business partner of Hunter Biden.

• In statements and an interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson, Bobulinski claimed Joe Biden was involved in one of his family’s business ventures with a Chinese oil company.

• Credible news organizations have found no evidence to corroborate Bobulinski’s claims about a role in the proposed venture for Joe Biden. Joe Biden’s financial documents show no indication of any income related to the venture.

• In the mid-2010s, Hunter Biden was involved in multiple business dealings with Chinese companies. There is no evidence that his father played a role in any of them.
Or this...

Fact-checking claims about Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, and China

• The granular details of many of the allegations about Hunter Biden’s dealings in China are supported by documentation, but larger conclusions resurrected at the end of the 2020 campaign are unsubstantiated.

• Foreign policy experts say these allegations do not add up to a picture of Joe Biden being corrupt or pursuing policies contrary to the national interest. There is no evidence that Hunter Biden came close to breaking the law, much less any evidence that his father has done so.

• Critics say that the Trump family’s financial entanglements are at least as problematic, if not more so, than the Bidens’.

This

Tony Bobulinski, Hunter Biden and China: an explainer
  • Tony Bobulinski is a former Navy lieutenant and business partner of Hunter Biden.

• In statements and an interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson, Bobulinski claimed Joe Biden was involved in one of his family’s business ventures with a Chinese oil company.

• Credible news organizations have found no evidence to corroborate Bobulinski’s claims about a role in the proposed venture for Joe Biden. Joe Biden’s financial documents show no indication of any income related to the venture.

• In the mid-2010s, Hunter Biden was involved in multiple business dealings with Chinese companies. There is no evidence that his father played a role in any of them.
Or this...

Fact-checking claims about Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, and China

• The granular details of many of the allegations about Hunter Biden’s dealings in China are supported by documentation, but larger conclusions resurrected at the end of the 2020 campaign are unsubstantiated.

• Foreign policy experts say these allegations do not add up to a picture of Joe Biden being corrupt or pursuing policies contrary to the national interest. There is no evidence that Hunter Biden came close to breaking the law, much less any evidence that his father has done so.

• Critics say that the Trump family’s financial entanglements are at least as problematic, if not more so, than the Bidens’.

But, but, but... What about the Big Guy? Derp

meanwhile all this is your opinion.... good thing it stays this way.. Trump will go down in history as one of the best...

you have
2d7wt3.jpg

love putting these libtards in their place

Lol... perfect example of a trump loving moron.

Back