Social What is your childhood dream, did you realize it?

never really dreamed of accomplishing anything. I've since accomplished nothing. So I guess I'm somewhat of a success story.
<GinJuice>

Wanted to drive an indy car in the long beach grand prix did not realize it and I cry myself to sleep.

It's probably because you are weird. When you are quirky it's love or hate with no middle ground. I find letting people know im going to be around a lot that I'm mildly autistic usually helps prevent misunderstandings but I didn't realize this helps til I was in me 30s. I've been aware people find me strange my whole life however. Sucked a lot when I was younger and I was kinda lonely and while I wanted to hang out and be social people just didn't get my sense of humor sense of style way I talk way I view the world or why I have a set of rules for every occasion.

I'd kick it with ya and we could be weird together if you lived in Wayne County mike. It's fuckin hard to recover when life deals you a bad hand and sometimes the climb back to where you feel good again takes a long time. Took me 20 years to get to life feeling ok again after the bottom fell out on me when I was just coming into adulthood and probably another 3 or 4 to actually realize things were as they actually should be now.
When I was younger I grew up around people of all races and cultures, but the same poverty. It made everyone quirky to some degree and the struggles made people forgiving and very appreciative of kindness. If you were weird but they noticed your heart was in the right place and you were kind and respectful, you'd generally do ok.

But aging changes things and the future has changed culture rapidly since when I was young. My father was a paranoid schizophrenic, my mother has a bunch of undiagnosed stuff. So did my aunts from what I could tell when they were alive. My brother is autistic. I have all the stuff I've slowly figured out is wrong with me over the years, and stuff I'm still figuring out.

Like in addition to everything else going on I'm autistic or have Asperger's or something similar. People's behavior doesn't make sense to me a lot of the time. I miss social cues. I'm quiet when I'm supposed to talk. Trying to talk and joke when nobody wants to talk. Always the wrong level of engagement or intensity or whatever.

I realized this on an instinctual level I couldn't articulate many years ago, like back in my teens. And learned to make peace with it. But I never, ever thought it would cost me everything and leave me with a life like this. No family, no friends, no girlfriends, nothing. If I make friends they leave because I'm weird. Or get girlfriends that make them stop being friends with me because I'm weird. Only weird girls will date me, which is fine. I LIKE weird girls. But they don't like me. They want to date the traditional guy but can only get me. So they "settle" for me until they can find an upgrade and then they just leave.

Trying to compensate for being weird in other ways doesn't work. People don't want any of the things I have to offer. They want normal people, and I just don't know how to be that. And I finally broke and decided I won't have these poor relationships where I'm just barely tolerated and treated like garbage, so now I'm just alone. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk Gutter lmao. You're good people I'm sure we could hang out and have a good time if I knew you irl.

Dream was to work from home and get paid a lot of money to play with computers.

I also have to manage people and go to the office once a week. I'd say about 80% of my dream has been achieved.

And No....

I'm not an Artist but I am a Fucking Work of Art!

My childhood dream was to be a lawyer but instead I just got in trouble with the law and met a bunch of them.
Got sued over a motorcycle too and my lawyer was fucking slime I felt dirty even being around him.

10 year old me wanted to marry a girl with big tits
15 year old me wanted to become a pro skater
18 year old me wanted to start a clothing company
Present day me wants to win the lottery to have fuck you money

You would all be happy to know, I married a girl with big tits. So 1 out of 4, I made happen Sherbros!!!!

Fuck no. Not at all....
Early on I dreamed of being an astronaut or marine biologist and had not the wit for it. Then I wanted to be a martial artist and found out I'm basically ungifted in that department. Then wanted to be a musician. Can play, but not to that level. Then wanted kids and a family and got half. Payments, but no family. So I then just wanted to settle down with my lady in a nice city, get married and live decently, and then the "trying" in the relationship stopped, I had to move out, and 12.5 years later I'm here answering your fucking question.....

Would be depressed about it, but it all seemed to occur so naturally lol

Since I was a kid, like a real normal masculine child, I always dream of becoming the strongest being in universe.

Not just human, but the ultimate being. I want to be able to destroy planet like goku, beat some homos like Batman, but after I grow up now I realize it's impossible.

Now as a grown up doing regular job, my only hope is there is some sort of zombie apocalypse or similar thing that makes mankind goes back to a world without laws.

I would commit heinous crime, especially against midgets and become an overlord. I'd love to die in battle against a zombie or overthrown by my citizens after I destroy all the zombie.
On the upside, you did manage to fulfil your dream of being very, very stoned and shit posting on an karate forum though right?

My childhood dream was to be an astronaut. I did get involved in the Aerospace Industry, but nothing close to being what I aspired to be. lol

I also dreamed about becoming Spider-Man. I always wish I got bitten by radioactive spider. : - )
Me too... unfortunately I got bitten by a radioactive jackass instead, which turned me into the drunken, belligerent shitposter I am today.

TS, I may have gone to Jr high with you. I met a kid in shop class who was serious about wanting to conquer the world.

I've done some of the things I've wanted but what I really remember is being so full of life. Now I'm trying to fight of the ol mid life crisis
Why fight it? Embrace it sherbro, it's far more fun that way.

When i was around 7, my classmates and i were all asked what we wanted to be when we grew up. My reply was, 'One of The Beatles!'
True story. It was the sixties.

I just wanted to play hockey and have a nice ATV’, dirt bike, snowmobile and a cool truck basically and I’ve done that.

Shoot for the moon I guess. Not hard to tell I am a hillbilly right? High bar to achieve.

Back