What on Earth is Overeem doing?

Yeah.

He did land the first one he threw and Volkov ate it like a cookie.

Volkov stands so tall I felt he was maybe open for body kicks but Reem wasn't getting through that jab to land any punches.

That's a sick jab for MMA

His strategy just isn't working. For a veteran it's so weird.

He's been using that pull off to the side + throwing a looping left, arcing left for a few fights now, it's what he threw when Francis sent him to the moon. He must have so many uncommon techniques to catch out HWs, but this isn't one that works yet he keeps going to it.

I get the shelling up too, he knows HWs gas quickly, so they dump energy as they try to pummel him, but he just can't seem to absorb it before they gas.

He should just go for broke every fight to be honest, I'd give him better odds.

The shelling up is a remnant of his shirt but successful K1 Ubereem run. It works when you have massive gloves and arms.

For an elite kick-boxer who’s been fighting for two decades, he’s never picked up head movement.

He tried clinching with Volkov a few times, but he just shrugged him off like a child
HW limit Volkov looks strong as fuck.
He is like 20 pounds heavier than he was when he fought Blaydes.

He also shrugged Walt Harris like nothing.

You should be surprised he still remembers how to throw a 1-2 after all the damage he has taken.

Yet here he is actually still winning fights in the UFC.

That guy is fucking special.

Anyways, please retire Reem.
im one of the biggest reem fans but he didnt look so great last fight.. the hulk hogan belly doesnt help

reminds me a bit of MIR

His strategy just isn't working. For a veteran it's so weird.

He's been using that pull off to the side + throwing a looping left, arcing left for a few fights now, it's what he threw when Francis sent him to the moon. He must have so many uncommon techniques to catch out HWs, but this isn't one that works yet he keeps going to it.

I get the shelling up too, he knows HWs gas quickly, so they dump energy as they try to pummel him, but he just can't seem to absorb it before they gas.

He should just go for broke every fight to be honest, I'd give him better odds.
He needs a jab. Everyone needs a jab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeKa
Back