What was the gameplan Chuck was supposed to follow when he fought Rampage in Pride?

yes, at the very begining of his career.
you must be joking if you want to claim that that was the same Wanderlei throughout his career.

With your rationale, Jeremy Horn must be the GOAT...
So in the beginning of his career he lost to guys that chuck beat

In the middle of his career he didn't match chuck's wins

Near the end of his career when they actually fought, where Chuck was also old, he lost

It seems pretty objective to say that Chuck had a better career

Chuck would have fallen victim to Wanderlei's pressure and gotten soccer kicked to hell. Sure, he had power but not enough to put Wandy down. Wanderlei's recovery was insane at the time.

So in the beginning of his career he lost to guys that chuck beat

In the middle of his career he didn't match chuck's wins

Near the end of his career when they actually fought, where Chuck was also old, he lost

It seems pretty objective to say that Chuck had a better career

it is pretty clearly you weren’t watching back then.

Dana really fucked chuck over by fighting in pride. Those 3 fights is the biggest shots he ever took in his career. And would have probably been worse if he didn't fight grapplers from there on till rampage rematch
I wasn't disputing that. But he took major shots from all of them. Those 3 pride fights ruined his chin

Huh?

The Mezger fight was a separate event from when he entered the GP. And it didn't have to do with Dana's beef. At least not yet. That escalated after Chuck lost to Randy.

Chuck hadn't even faced Randy yet when he fought Mezger. That was early in Chuck's career.

You also ignore the fact Chuck took massive shots in fights between Mezger and Overeem (he got battered by Randy, and took colossal shots in a close decision win over Vitor Belfort).

Something tells me you weren't actually around for Chuck's career.

Last edited:
dana literally cried like a bitch and had to throw the towel in to save his boyfriend

i love rampage for that performance

when all this conor casuals hate on PRIDE it's because they don't know that the best fighter in UFC came over and lost due to corner stoppage against the third best guy in the division
"when all this conor casuals hate on PRIDE". You have an obsession with Connie. Seek help.

i guess...if Wand had beaten those 2

Emotion-1 LilNicky95-0

Keep atit

Chuck and wand fought ya know
Your lack of knowledge on anything MMA is astounding.

They fought when both were washed, not at their peaks.

Tito and Chuck recently fought again ya know.

MartinGibson IQ, sub 43.

Your lack of knowledge on anything MMA is astounding.

They fought when both were washed, not at their peaks.

Tito and Chuck recently fought again ya know.

MartinGibson IQ, sub 43.

Wand 0-2 vs chuck and tito...younger than both

Wand 0-2 vs chuck and tito...younger than both
AdvancedClutteredEasternglasslizard-size_restricted.gif

Meh, I dont get your narrative.

Both are universally acknowledged as OW OGs.
No duckers there, they´re both from the ol´school.

The narrative was that 2003-2005 Wand was a badder man than Hendo but since you want be be dense I'll leave you alone smh.

Wand was WAY more of a beast in PRIDE. He lost that in UFC. Looks like he just aged out of his prime.

Yeah I’ve recently gone back to watch the old Prides and now I see the fuss about Wand, he did ok in the UFC but didn’t live up to his rep, you could say that about Cro Cop too

Yeah I’ve recently gone back to watch the old Prides and now I see the fuss about Wand, he did ok in the UFC but didn’t live up to his rep, you could say that about Cro Cop too
Had you never watched them before? If that's the case, good on you for taking that history lesson. Something everyone here who hasn't seen PRIDE should do.

When you've been around since the beginning, and you understand how it all unfolded, it brings context to everything. If you start with UFC and Pancrase, and work your way through as many major events as possible to the present, the context of who the greats are and what their wins meant is so crystal clear.

I appreciate any fan who takes history seriously.

Had you never watched them before? If that's the case, good on you for taking that history lesson. Something everyone here who hasn't seen PRIDE should do.

When you've been around since the beginning, and you understand how it all unfolded, it brings context to everything. If you start with UFC and Pancrase, and work your way through as many major events as possible to the present, the context of who the greats are and what their wins meant is so crystal clear.

I appreciate any fan who takes history seriously.

I only became a fan in 2008 or so, when COVID happened I signed up to Fightpass and started watching all the Prides, I’m nearly done. Also watched some Strikeforce, old UFCs, even WECs, what a library it is, amazing!

I knew the reputations of Sakuraba, Wand, Shogun, Fedor etc but it’s great to see it happen chronologically that’s for sure

The narrative was that 2003-2005 Wand was a badder man than Hendo but since you want be be dense I'll leave you alone smh.
You´re actually right to shake it, mate... You´re literally confused...

Yes, Wand was an OG badaasss... but... but...

He was also caught greasin´ by Coleman, in the locker room... & then, Ref. Batarelli in action with the towel...

wand vase 1.gif wand vase 2.gif
wand vase 3.gif wand vase 4.gif

Not that bad aasss, right, mate?

Helax, there´s more:

Hendo, right after that UFC tournament where he competed 2 fights @ MW/LHW [193 lbs]... signed with Rings & competed in that historical, high profile Rings KoK 1999... where he was one of the smallest competitors...
vlcsnap-2020-08-13-09h35m02s356.png

In his bracket:

> Bakouri Gogitidze:
vlcsnap-2020-08-12-21h36m59s165.png

... a high level greco-roman wrestler, competed @ > 100 Kg in the OG.
You know his go-to-move? Suplexes...

> Yvel...
vlcsnap-2020-08-13-09h35m23s031.png

... one of the most vicious HW strikers of that era... Jus´like Hunto, if you dont take him down, you´re in for a rough & dangerous night, especially with his flyin´knees & 'elbows'...

> Big Nog... No comment needed.
big  Nog vs Hendo rings.png

> Babalu...
vlcsnap-2019-01-23-05h51m08s323.png

...who was a HW then.

... 3 fights per night.

Got it? They were both OW OGs.

Last edited:
You´re actually right to shake it, mate... You´re literally confused...

Yes, Wand was an OG badaasss... but... but...

He was also caught greasin´ by Coleman, in the locker room... & then, Ref. Batarelli in action with the towel...

View attachment 871704 View attachment 871705
View attachment 871706 View attachment 871707

Not that bad aasss, right, mate?

Helax, there´s more:

Hendo, right after that UFC tournament where he competed 2 fights @ MW/LHW [193 lbs]... signed with Rings & competed in that historical, high profile Rings KoK 1999... where he was one of the smallest competitors...

In his bracket:

> Bakouri Gogitidze:

... a high level greco-roman wrestler, competed @ > 100 Kg in the OG.
You know his go-to-move? Suplexes...

> Yvel...

... one of the most vicious HW strikers of that era... Jus´like Hunto, if you dont take him down, you´re in for a rough & dangerous night, especially with his flyin´knees & 'elbows'...

> Big Nog... No comment needed.

> Babalu...

...who was a HW then.

... 3 fights per night.

Got it? They were both OW OGs.

Save me from your historian archives for gods sake. I know Hendo is an all time great without them smh. But he knew his place in Pride and would have got his shit pushed in trying to stand with Prime Hunt or prime Cop and using his fight with Nog at the time doesn't change that. Smh.

Last edited:
Save me from your historian archives for gods sake. I know Hendo is an all time great without them smh. But he knew his place in Pride and would have got his pushed in trying to stand with Prime Hunt or prime Cop and using his fight with Nog at the time doesn't change that. Smh.
3 'smh' in 2 posts... you´re goin´to get dizzy, mate.

Anyway, you missed the point, not about Hendo bein´ or not an ATG, everybody knows this shit.
Was about both bein´ OW OGs, & obviously you didnt acknowledge Hendo´s involvement in Rings.

Back