What would you do in this situation? Woman robbed in broad daylight

For real, even if carrying I'm not getting into a shootout over a phone.
Read the rest of the thread. The winner for dumbass of the day is the guy saying he carries and would do something. I didn't know the thief had a gun. So that guy is suggesting he would have gotten into a gunfight over a fucking stranger's phone. Further consolidates my opinion of people who carry guns, tbh.

Also not prosecuting good samaritans or making self defense an almost indefensible position would be a start as well. You know if that guy in the grass went up and punched that armed robber in the back of his head and he hit the concrete and died, the DA would charge that guy for murder.

When does this happen? I think you just don't have the nuance to understand what self defense actually means.

I would've Goldberg speared him, taken his gun and then grabbed the girls phone putting my number in it while I stood on his chest in my Captain Morgan pose.

Then she calls me later that night seeking comfort so I tell her I'll pick her up.

We order doordash and cuddle. One thing leads to another though and we end up making love.

We keep seeing eachother and a month after our first night together she says she's a month pregnant.

We have the child and have a really awesome relationship because I saved her.

Feminism killed chivalry. Unless it’s family or a girlfriend I’m not risking my life for some random strangers phone.

If he were really brave he would've restrained that girl to prevent her from getting shot. Let go of the phone. He has a gun.

I'm all for fighting back if he were just snatching it, but armed robbery is a whole nother ball game.

If it was someone I knew, I'd likely try to help.

Not knowing the person I'd likely call the police.

When does this happen? I think you just don't have the nuance to understand what self defense actually means.

It's sort of like being a cop. Shoot a second too early, it's murder. Shoot a second too late, you could be dead. Now process all of that within what is probably the most frightening moment of your life and if you make the wrong decision, you're either in jail or dead.

That's basically the position our laws put us in.

It's sort of like being a cop. Shoot a second too early, it's murder. Shoot a second too late, you could be dead. Now process all of that within what is probably the most frightening moment of your life and if you make the wrong decision, you're either in jail or dead.

That's basically the position our laws put us in.

Funny because the bar for a cop getting prosecuted for murder is extraordinarily high, even when it's obvious. They are very well protected by the law and status quo.

It's really not that difficult to assess self defense. Who initiated the confrontation? Was the response equal to the threat level? No state in the country would prosecute the guy in the TS for jumping in to defend the woman from the criminal brandishing a gun.

Funny because the bar for a cop getting prosecuted for murder is extraordinarily high, even when it's obvious.

It's really not that difficult to assess self defense. Who initiated the confrontation? Was the response equal to the threat level? No state in the country would prosecute the guy in the TS for jumping in to defend the woman from the criminal brandishing a gun.

If the guy with the gun turns to walk away, he immediately becomes a victim if you attack him.

Criminals are allowed to play offense and defense. They are on offense while they're attacking you and they can quickly switch to defense when they stop attacking you. You on the other hand, do not get to be on offense unless you want to go to jail. So basically you have a tiny window where you are allowed to fight back and anything before or after that will land you in jail. The criminal doesn't give a shit about jail so they have a distinct advantage against you. Our laws enable that.

States that don't have stand your ground laws put law abiding people in danger and enable violence from criminals who know they can do what they want to you and then "give up" and get away whenever they want. They basically handcuff us into just allowing ourselves and our fellow citizens to get robbed while our only retort is really to just call the cops and file a report that you know will go absolutely no where. This allows the criminal to continue to abuse people with little consequence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullmetalharts
Back