What would you do in this situation? Woman robbed in broad daylight

It's sort of like being a cop. Shoot a second too early, it's murder. Shoot a second too late, you could be dead. Now process all of that within what is probably the most frightening moment of your life and if you make the wrong decision, you're either in jail or dead.

That's basically the position our laws put us in.
I watch so many bodycam and cop videos on You Tube...I know I need a life..But I'm absoulutely amazed how many cops are shot at and usually for random stops. Cops have a split second to react in most of these situations. I really don't have a point but I don't even think most people know just how dangerous their job is and how they have to be so calculated in their decisions for survival and legal consequences

I watch so many bodycam and cop videos on You Tube...I know I need a life..But I'm absoulutely amazed how many cops are shot at and usually for random stops. Cops have a split second to react in most of these situations. I really don't have a point but I don't even think most people know just how dangerous their job is and how they have to be so calculated in their decisions for survival and legal consequences

Yeah and these people sit back on their couch and watch it in slow motion and try to play armchair QB. Almost none of us have ever dealt with dangerous situation like that. Half of us freeze up when asked what we want for dinner, let alone how to deal with and armed criminal.

Are/is the woman/women these days' worth fighting or dying for?

Maybe so...I just can't sit idly by and do nothing. I always conceal carry and practice on the regular and don't have kids. I'm not saying its the brightest thing to do but the fact that maggot knows no one will is why hes so bold.

Yeah, that's a strange calculation... bringing your own gun into a confrontation over a phone is a good way to get everybody killed, but it's the fact that the perp thinks you won't that make them risk it.

Real dumb men.

Possibly throwing your life away for someone's phone? That is bananas imo. Though if you do not have anyone that needs your support, by all means.
think he was being sarcastic, but I don't know. No, men don't just rush into everything. Even me, with all my experience didn't rush the guy breaking into my van, sure, I was on my way to whipping his ass but I didn't run at him. He claimed he's shoot me, bluff? Probably, but at any rate, the best thing to do in situations is to be calm and I was. Two other guys with him, maybe a gun, he stopped doing what he was doing and I stood my ground. But, I didn't just run eagerly into anything. Calmness and humility is hard for "real men" and it's hard for me too but that's what's required.

Are/is the woman/women these days' worth fighting or dying for?
it's for a phone? is that correct? that's not worth dying over. I'll watch the vid before i say anymore though.

think he was being sarcastic, but I don't know. No, men don't just rush into everything. Even me, with all my experience didn't rush the guy breaking into my van, sure, I was on my way to whipping his ass but I didn't run at him. He claimed he's shoot me, bluff? Probably, but at any rate, the best thing to do in situations is to be calm and I was. Two other guys with him, maybe a gun, he stopped doing what he was doing and I stood my ground. But, I didn't just run eagerly into anything. Calmness and humility is hard for "real men" and it's hard for me too but that's what's required.
I’ve had guns pulled on me and friends killed by them. No way will I ever take them lightly. Nobody who likes to remain breathing should.

The whole thing is risk/reward. At best, that lady would thank you, you get some attaboys for a week, and then you go back to regular living. At worst, you die, and they also forget about you in a week, and maybe keep on living their life. Not your loved ones though. They will be left with a huge gap in their life.

Sorry, I got people i have to care for, and most folks would not give a hot damn about them.
People I love and care for>>machismo and plastic.

Glad everything worked out for you though. It must have been a rush

a347a0ca-7921-4f3f-b163-2dba53588a7d_text.gif

it's for a phone? is that correct? that's not worth dying over. I'll watch the vid before i say anymore though.
Yes it's for a phone.
Most people agree fighting for a phone isn't worth life changing injuries or death.
Sticking up for a woman in a comprising situation used to be chivalrous thing to do, now you could get shot for stepping in and be blamed for being a misogynist.
It's not worth it.

At what point do we find out this was not a real robbery and it was all just a prank for social media clout?

Dude should have stood up and started jacking off immediately while keeping strong eye contact with the robber. Eye contact is key here because it’s only gay if there’s eye contact and that robber will now associate his actions with being gay thus becoming rehabilitated thru guilt. Or he’ll become gay and most likely continue to rob people, but in a much more polite manner as all gays are polite.

Anyway, that’s what I think the guy should have done.

Seems like the guy's brain just couldn't process the situation. If he had taken the conscious decision to not intervene, you'd expect him to get out of the line of fire. Instead he just sat there while his two remaining braincells were debating whether pineapple belongs on pizza or not.

Dude should have stood up and started jacking off immediately while keeping strong eye contact with the robber. Eye contact is key here because it’s only gay if there’s eye contact and that robber will now associate his actions with being gay thus becoming rehabilitated thru guilt. Or he’ll become gay and most likely continue to rob people, but in a much more polite manner as all gays are polite.

Anyway, that’s what I think the guy should have done.
Too risky you might get your dick shot of into smithereens

Yes it's for a phone.
Most people agree fighting for a phone isn't worth life changing injuries or death.
Sticking up for a woman in a comprising situation used to be chivalrous thing to do, now you could get shot for stepping in and be blamed for being a misogynist.
It's not worth it.
i watched it, she shouldn't have fought either really. A lot of women end up dead fighting over their purse, men do too, it's not an equal battle when you're dealing with weapons or multiple attackers, whether it's pride or stupidity or materialism, it's a good way to end up dead. Many times, the gun wielder isn't serious about killing anyone but you never know. What gets me is we have stories of shopowners, delivery drivers getting blown away and as far as I know, many, many of these guys are never caught, that means they're running around out here somewhere.

I’ve had guns pulled on me and friends killed by them. No way will I ever take them lightly. Nobody who likes to remain breathing should.

The whole thing is risk/reward. At best, that lady would thank you, you get some attaboys for a week, and then you go back to regular living. At worst, you die, and they also forget about you in a week, and maybe keep on living their life. Not your loved ones though. They will be left with a huge gap in their life.

Sorry, I got people i have to care for, and most folks would not give a hot damn about them.
People I love and care for>>machismo and plastic.

Glad everything worked out for you though. It must have been a rush
not really, a rush, when I was young I'd get an adrenaline dump but as I've gotten older, not too much gets that out of me. I guess I've seen enough in my lifetime, good in some ways. I remember when I did security as a 29 year old, I'd have some incident and I couldn't sleep at all that night, I'm not like that anymore. And, I still think I would have ran at him if he'd pulled something, the piece of shit.

Seems like the guy's brain just couldn't process the situation. If he had taken the conscious decision to not intervene, you'd expect him to get out of the line of fire. Instead he just sat there while his two remaining braincells were debating whether pineapple belongs on pizza or not.
that's my take, most people in civil society aren't prepared for anything like that, I know I was like that once upon a time. Only took one time to not be like that anymore. The "freeze", called because it's a primal part of our brain that makes us stop moving in a crisis, can still happen to me in a situation (it has) but I'm out of it right away, most people never know those things and how to deal with them. It's not their fault, we're pampered today. In fact, I'm always surprised by the guys who throw down immediately and fight their asses off, that's really unusual but it happens, we have a forum dedicated to it. Takes experience in most cases and some guys look like they have none but they try anyways.

it's dangerous for sure but statistics wise, (https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-top-25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-united-states) it's a few down the list. I was surprised that what I do was pretty high, but, we've had 4 drivers killed somewhat recently. It's mostly road rage I think but I don't really know for sure because only two people of these were caught, one was a guy with anger problems, the other was teenage girl who shot an uber driver who denied giving her a ride. Don't know the story with her but she must have been retarded or mentally ill because she was driving the car around for days and visiting family with it. Total psycho. The other two killers are in our society with many other folks who've murdered random strangers for whatever reason.

Unless you practice mental exercises a lot, practicing what you would do and how you would do it, then you are absolutely right.

I practice getting the hell out of situations when guns are being handled all willy nilly, and I have done just that IRL.

Even with training, it doesn't necessarily go according tonplan. Training would certainly make it more likely you'd behave a particular way, though, sure.

Back