What would you do in this situation? Woman robbed in broad daylight

Seems like the guy's brain just couldn't process the situation. If he had taken the conscious decision to not intervene, you'd expect him to get out of the line of fire. Instead he just sat there while his two remaining braincells were debating whether pineapple belongs on pizza or not.
Yeah, I came face to face with three deer while walking my dog today. The deer and the dog just froze. I had to say something out loud to break the tension.
I'm guessing the animals in my situation are just slightly below the intelligence of a typical person on a cell phone.

Im not approaching some scumbag who's pointing a gun at people and neither would all the Johnny Hero wannabes that are gonna be posting in this thread
What if there was a baseball nearby and you could throw it 99 MPH with pinpoint accuracy?

Was this on a liberal campus or something? Fucking pussy democrat.

1714015535538.gif

criminals are more emboldened than ever and society needs to pound them down but in cases like this let them have your stuff. getting killed over bullshit is never worth it and if i was that that girl and the bystander i would have done nothing.

If the guy with the gun turns to walk away, he immediately becomes a victim if you attack him.

It's pretty common sense to not shoot someone who is running away. If you can't handle that you shouldn't own a gun.

Society has changed. You stand up to criminals and you can get arrested or labeled some kind of racist bigot for attacking a mentally ill man down on his luck only trying to survive by "insert crime". Look at the New York Subway guy for defending someone.

In short I'm not dying for some girls phone. I'll take a photo and call the cops and give a statement.

This is the society we live now.

I remember taking karate as a kid and my teacher was a huge black guy that played for the Jets when he was younger. He taught us all kinds of self defense and when the question was “what if he has a gun?” His answer was “run”

"Brave men live till the coward decides."

The meaning behind that quote is that being brave can get you killed by someone who isnt going to fight fair in this example a criminal with a gun or that guy who will sneak up on you and shoot the back of your head.

Lol at all the armchair john wicks who would confront an armed robber while being unarmed.

Last edited:
In China, that guy's organs would've been harvested already. They don't fuck around over there.

What if there was a baseball nearby and you could throw it 99 MPH with pinpoint accuracy?
A 9mm bullet travels at about 850 mph you would be dead from the criminals bullet before your 99 mph baseball hit him which at 99 mph it probably wouldn't even injure him just bruise him badly as mlb players get hit by fastballs all the time.

Freezing is a perfectly normal adrenaline response. People get mad when they see it because they know deep in their heart that they might do the same. Talking tough doesn't make you less an animal

Freezing is a perfectly normal adrenaline response. People get mad when they see it because they know deep in their heart that they might do the same. Talking tough doesn't make you less an animal
absolutely, anyone with even passing knowledge on the subject know what "the freeze" is. It's hardwired into us, it's designed so that if a predator looks at us and we stop moving that they might overlook us because the primary manner of sight is movement. However, the freeze works against us when the predator decides to take advantage. I also think a part of it is "normalcy bias" too, you'll see people acting like things are normal when they're getting stabbed or robbed.

The truth is, nobody really knows how they're going to react in a situation like that. The dude on the grass might say the exact same thing as you, but then once there's an actual gun involved as opposed to just talking about it, everything changes.
Freezing up is another instict along with fight or flight. If he had been on his feet he might have run away instead. She was close enough that her fight instinct kicked in, since she was already in the jaws of the predator so to speak, but at his distance I don't think any professional would advise rushing an armed mugger.

In Europe you go to jail if you would kill that robber.
You'd probably go to jail if you beat the shit out of him too.
It's only risk basically, and no reward.

Society is in the "you get what you fucking deserve" phase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brady12Gronk87
Back