What would you do in this situation? Woman robbed in broad daylight

yes, I remember, and I get the impulse as I'm actually a little selfdestructive, been threatened with being shot more than once, actually told one of the guys to go ahead and do it. But, for most people, they actually don't want to get hurt or die. If we're going by logic, just let the shit go and hope you get it back later. Especially for average civilians who can't fight at all.

I mentioned normalcy bias, and afterwards, remembered a vid where some south american cab driver got into an arguement with a passenger in the passenger seat, the driver was getting stabbed and whether it was shock or just not really realizing the seriousness of what was happening, just acted like he was getting trivially bothered. Seen that sort of thing in other vids too, a person with a gun at their heads try to brush the gun away like that's going to make the criminal act right. I'm telling you, when I did security, I was reminded again and again how most people are plain fucking useless in a crisis and how alone we all really are.

That story reminds me of a guy I went to HS with who had a penchant for getting into trouble. He got into a street fight with another guy and while he was on top of the dude, he said he was getting punched in the back. It didnt hurt so he kept hitting the guy. After it ended he was walking home and said he thought he was sweating profusely and starting to feel light-headed, took his shirt off and the back of it was soaked with blood. The guy had stabbed him at least 6 times with a knife. Thankfully no organs were punctured but he lost a lot of blood.

That kid didn't make it past 19 though. Died of alcohol poisoning after a house party a few years later because he passed out and his "friends" kept tipping beer bottles up in his mouth, the swallow reflex kept him from drowning. He didnt wake up the next morning and they left his body on his Mother's doorstep, not realizing he was dead. They were supposed to be celebrating that he had just gotten out of jail. I remember that vividly because I was close to his best friend at the time, kid was devastated.

No, this is nothing more than you attempting to excuse universally bad decision with your political bias. Re-engaging with armed opposition as they flee is idiotic, and solely driven on the desire to live out some stupid cowboy fantasy. It also increases the likelihood of getting uninvolved people caught in crossfire. It's not my fault that you think having a gun entitles you to vengeance when you're under no threat, youre gonna have to own that one.

What if they're in your house but attempt to run out after a successful armed robbery?

What if they're in your house but attempt to run out after a successful armed robbery?
Morally I would be 100 percent fine ending the lives of any piece of shit who broke into my house but legally I don't think it would be justified. In some states I believe if their still on your property you wouldn't be convicted.

This is Vernon Forrest. Id wager odds Vernon was tougher than any self-proclaimed hero in this thread:

This is what happened to Vernon Forrest:

A couple of guys tried to steal his car, he got his gun from his car to engage them, he was killed. And that was for a Jaguar.

There were two perps in the situation though and many people that aren't as "Tough" as Vernon stop car jackings or robberies with firearms.

If they disengage and my kids are safe, I dont give a f*ck about my TV.

You know you wannabe vigilantes tend to not think through things sometimes. The layout of my house is AWFUL for a gunfight. So the best entry point for a burglar is a window right next to my front door. Every other window is more challenging and guarantees they'll be heard or seen immediately. If they enter deeper into the house and I come out of the bedroom, their line of sight is far superior to mine. My bedroom faces the wrong direction. If I come into the area before the living room I am against a wall with them in the open space, if they fire at me they also fire at, and are far more likely to hit...the wall. Know what's on the other side of that wall? My Sons' bunk beds. It's the only bare wall in their room a bed can be against and that drywall ain't stopping bullets.

I have weapons in my house but the best way for defense in this space is to wait for them to try to explore another room and catch them in an area they dont have an advantage, if I'm not already caught at gunpoint from the outset. Starting a gunfight inside my house with 3 kids present, one of whom a toddler who wont understand commands is idiotic.

There were two perps in the situation though and many people that aren't as "Tough" as Vernon stop car jackings or robberies with firearms.

Lol@you putting tough in quotation markd, like his toughness is ironic or something. The point is people who stop car-jackings with firearms are more often than not, lucky. Or able to override emotional reaction and know when to end engagement. Reactionaries dont like admitting that things are luck because they want to believe they can control the world around them through force of will.

Lol@you putting tough in quotation markd, like his toughness is ironic or something. The point is people who stop car-jackings with firearms are more often than not, lucky. Or able to override emotional reaction and know when to end engagement. Reactionaries dont like admitting that things are luck because they want to believe they can control the world around them through force of will.
I put "Tough" in quotations because you don't have to be a Pro Boxer to intervene in situations like the one were discussing...Laughing. People that idly sit by and do nothing is why these animals are becoming so emboldened because they no one one will help or intervene.

If they disengage and my kids are safe, I dont give a f*ck about my TV.

You know you wannabe vigilantes tend to not think through things sometimes. The layout of my house is AWFUL for a gunfight. So the best entry point for a burglar is a window right next to my front door. Every other window is more challenging and guarantees they'll be heard or seen immediately. If they enter deeper into the house and I come out of the bedroom, their line of sight is far superior to mine. My bedroom faces the wrong direction. If I come into the area before the living room I am against a wall with them in the open space, if they fire at me they also fire at, and are far more likely to hit...the wall. Know what's on the other side of that wall? My Sons' bunk beds. It's the only bare wall in their room a bed can be against and that drywall ain't stopping bullets.

I have weapons in my house but the best way for defense in this space is to wait for them to try to explore another room and catch them in an area they dont have an advantage, if I'm not already caught at gunpoint from the outset. Starting a gunfight inside my house with 3 kids present, one of whom a toddler who wont understand commands is idiotic.
Yeah..If you have children inside your home and the pieces of shit robbers are already exiting your property it would be extremely foolish to engage in a gunfight..indeed.

I put "Tough" in quotations because you don't have to be a Pro Boxer to intervene in situations like the one were discussing...Laughing. People that idly sit by and do nothing is why these animals are becoming so emboldened because they no one one will help or intervene.

Attacking a guy with a gun over phone makes you dumb, not tough. I mean this is an old adage in many martial studies, a wise man never sacrifices his life for his wallet.

Attacking a guy with a gun over phone makes you dumb, not tough. I mean this is an old adage in many martial studies, a wise man never sacrifices his life for his wallet.
I said its definitely not the Smartest Move at all.....And that is a great quote...I really do miss that aspect of the traditional Martial Arts

That story reminds me of a guy I went to HS with who had a penchant for getting into trouble. He got into a street fight with another guy and while he was on top of the dude, he said he was getting punched in the back. It didnt hurt so he kept hitting the guy. After it ended he was walking home and said he thought he was sweating profusely and starting to feel light-headed, took his shirt off and the back of it was soaked with blood. The guy had stabbed him at least 6 times with a knife. Thankfully no organs were punctured but he lost a lot of blood.
- I think it's was two decades ago. A guy here got in similar situation. When he got on mount he feel something, was a pen stuck at his back.

Just seconds earlier, that guy who is now running away just had a gun to your stomach while he robbed you. Why are you protecting his life? You don't get to guarantee that your life is saved by giving up but you want to provide him that guarantee?

Fuck that.
- Here its stops being self-defense when the criminal turns his back. If they're running, they stoped being a treat. You would get charged.

First what state is it in. Then what city. I'm not going to prison over helping someone.

If it's in say a stand your ground state where I can legally carry then there is a good chance I would "help".

If the background is clear and I think there is any chance he will use the weapon which was answered by him having it I'm going to shoot. If I have a clear shot. Moving closer to take the shot(s).

Last edited:
This whole have-a go-hero discussion reminds me of Bill Burr's last podcast

Getting shot for a phone is NOT worth it.. especially when its not even yours LMAO

You did good, son.

Just seconds earlier, that guy who is now running away just had a gun to your stomach while he robbed you. Why are you protecting his life? You don't get to guarantee that your life is saved by giving up but you want to provide him that guarantee?

Fuck that.

What you're describing is viligante justice, not self defense. You clearly aren't responsible enough to own a gun.

What you're describing is viligante justice, not self defense. You clearly aren't responsible enough to own a gun.
True...but we could maybe use more of that in the world.....America would be better off with some more Charlie Bronsons.

Back