What's goin' down at Tocco's (video):

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hits very hard, but hes super conservative. We're working on his ability to flow

So Alex Martinsen just won Gold at the Scandinavian Championships. Videos to come. A fighter who once left my team told another team member that I'm good for beginners, not so much high level competitors. It was already quite an ignorant statement, but when results come in of this caliber it's always nice. Alex had been trying to win just the Norwegian title for 4 years.

Just a drill from today:

Alex's fights from the Scandinavian Championships:

So one of the Norwegians I've been working with started coming to me to try and i'm improve his performance in the Nordic Championship. His nemesis was a Russian with oodles of experience and is a Southpaw. He had lost to him 2 or 3 times in the finals. Well, we beat him. My guy is in red:

Russian had a beautiful straight left with very little telegraphing. Kept it in a good position for most of the fight as well. His lead side was his weak one and he kept getting caught over it. He was good at smothering in the clinch, but didn't protect himself enough on the breaks and as soon as your man started angling out and using the hooks and uppercuts on the inside the fight changed. Great fight.

Alex's fights from the Scandinavian Championships:

It's very visible how much better trained he is than the others, his mechanics are just much more clean and efficient. He boxed really well in the finale, congrats! I'm guessing the other guy in the finale was Danish? I heard some Danish being yelled for sure.

Just a drill from today:

Cool drill. Reaction time, using their legs with their defensive maneuver and coming straight back after. Add to that the endurance aspect. Nice addition with increasing the frequency towards the end as well.

Cool stuff.
What’s up with the tennis ball work? It looked pretty interesting and I haven’t seen those exercises anywhere before.

Hand-eye coordination, but specifically done in ways boxers need. The 1-2 one is simple enough. It streamlines punches for a central target, and also rhythm between. You react too slow to your own release, you drop the ball.

The bouncing one, many people do in a way I dont think is optimal. They bounce it at their waist level while looking down or kind of hunching over the ball. I have them to it closer to face or chest level, the idea being that when the target comes into your field of vision, you respond with a punching motion. While moving.

Hand-eye coordination, but specifically done in ways boxers need. The 1-2 one is simple enough. It streamlines punches for a central target, and also rhythm between. You react too slow to your own release, you drop the ball.

The bouncing one, many people do in a way I dont think is optimal. They bounce it at their waist level while looking down or kind of hunching over the ball. I have them to it closer to face or chest level, the idea being that when the target comes into your field of vision, you respond with a punching motion. While moving.
What are your thoughts on this?

I have a ton of Southpaws. I got rid of 2 and ended up with like 4 more.

How Sinister who's a southpaw ends up with southpaws:
- Sinister: in boxing, you stand like this
- Fighter: ok

Btw what's going on with the "surviving in combat sports" series?

How Sinister who's a southpaw ends up with southpaws:
- Sinister: in boxing, you stand like this
- Fighter: ok

Btw what's going on with the "surviving in combat sports" series?

Lol, nah I always ask what hand they write with. Just get a lot of lefties.

A lot of personal shit happened since December. And then I got sick. I was gonna do a video this week but my throat still itches like a mofo

I have a ton of Southpaws. I got rid of 2 and ended up with like 4 more.
You’ve got a nest somewhere. It’s an old building with a lot of places for southpaws to hide and proliferate so I’m not really surprised.

You’ll need to shut the gym down for a day and fumigate between the walls to get them all otherwise they’ll keep coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back