Television What's the funniest TV show of all-time?

I'm going to go with this.

Very solid pick - John Ritter was f'ing hilarious, a great talent and came off like a wholesome family friendly dude. As a kid, Three's Company (and its offshoot Three's a Crowd with Ritter) was the only sitcom without kids on the main cast that I got into, because Ritter was just so damn funny and relatable.

I don't enjoy most comedies but my pick for funniest sitcom is a toss up between Three's Company, Diff'rent Strokes and Scrubs (coincidently Ritter had a cameo role as JD's dad).

Whose Line is it Anyway and Chapelle's Show are also up there.

I’m not sure about funniest.
Rather I’m gonna pick 3 (first pop in my head) that were consistent comfort watches (often late night reruns) that I enjoyed at different parts of my life.

As a young kid.
comedy-humor.gif

High school
LzqO.gif

College years & beyond with Late night reruns my mid 30s.
ZFGF.gif

Very solid pick - John Ritter was f'ing hilarious, a great talent and came off like a wholesome family friendly dude. As a kid, Three's Company (and its offshoot Three's a Crowd with Ritter) was the only sitcom without kids on the main cast that I got into, because Ritter was just so damn funny and relatable.

I don't enjoy most comedies but my pick for funniest sitcom is a toss up between Three's Company, Diff'rent Strokes and Scrubs (coincidently Ritter had a cameo role as JD's dad).

Whose Line is it Anyway and Chapelle's Show are also up there.

I always loved John Ritter and Three's Company when I was kid as well and still do. Ritter is definitely one of the best physical comedians. He's up there with Jim Carrey.

I always loved John Ritter and Three's Company when I was kid as well and still do. Ritter is definitely one of the best physical comedians. He's up there with Jim Carrey.

Great comparison - yeah Jim Carrey had a similar kind of humor and was very funny as well. He was the funniest dude on In Living Color and you just knew he was going to become a star (as with others on that show).

Great comparison - yeah Jim Carrey had a similar kind of humor and was very funny as well. He was the funniest dude on In Living Color and you just knew he was going to become a star (as with others on that show).

Once Bitten was in 1985 and I am kind of surprised Jim Carrey didn't take off after that movie and had to go the sketch TV show route to get back in as a leading man. He showed a lot of promise and ability to carry a movie already by the mid 80s.

Once Bitten was in 1985 and I am kind of surprised Jim Carrey didn't take off after that movie and had to go the sketch TV show route to get back in as a leading man. He showed a lot of promise and ability to carry a movie already by the mid 80s.

Excellent point - Carrey had already starred in several movies in the 80's before In Living Color. I remember him being good in Once Bitten and Earth Girls are Easy.

The comedian I'm surprised hasn't made it bigger is Wayne Brady. I'd compare his humor on Whose Line is It Anyway to Jim Carrey on In Living Color - he easily carries the show. And his skit on Chappelle's show was gold. But somehow this dude has only ever been in random bullshit and voice acting gigs.

Excellent point - Carrey had already starred in several movies in the 80's before In Living Color. I remember him being good in Once Bitten and Earth Girls are Easy.

The comedian I'm surprised hasn't made it bigger is Wayne Brady. I'd compare his humor on Whose Line is It Anyway to Jim Carrey on In Living Color - he easily carries the show. And his skit on Chappelle's show was gold. But somehow this dude has only ever been in random bullshit and voice acting gigs.

Yeah Brady is a talented guy. I can't say I've seen him even try to run with a character for more than 10 minutes at a time let alone carry a whole movie. I wonder if he can. Once it turns into actual acting for any stretch of time it can be a different skillset...e.g. Norm MacDonald.

I'd sure rather have seen Wayne Brady get some of the opportunities that went to guys like Tyler Perry though who can't act for shit and just detract from serious movies any time they appear in them.

Night Court was a great show.
The original run of Roseanne was good too.
I liked Frasier and Cheers as well.
A lot of people didn't like Seinfeld but I did.

A lot of people didn't like Seinfeld? Seems like the opposite, it's like one of the most popular sitcoms ever.

A lot of people didn't like Seinfeld? Seems like the opposite, it's like one of the most popular sitcoms ever.
I agree it was popular but I knew many that didn't like it. A lot of those haters were addicted to Friends which I thought was a dumb show.

Back