What's the greatest love song from the 1980s?

nh5U5J.gif

Not the best, yo. Just most memorable from my own childhood, that I'd listen too from early Unrequited passed notes where she didn't check the like me box, shot down, & at best a couple times... early heartbreak. lol.

Just looking back, Boys of Summer Video is archetypally great.
Perfect. I relate to this song & video in the same ways & yet different than I did as kid.
Timeless/Archetypal.

Ah Ha didn't really see until a few years after video/song came out on TBS (up all night) VH1 & MTV but was my favorite as a kid in middle school years. I didn't get into girls and music prior to being 9/10, reckon.

Last edited:
This song was personal for me when I was in high school. I had a thing for a girl who was from a different social status so in her eyes we couldn't be together no matter how we actually felt about each other.

This whole album was a game changer for me. I still like to use the phrase "honey dripping beehive" from time to time.

I'll stop the world and melt with you
Never tear us apart

This song was personal for me when I was in high school. I had a thing for a girl who was from a different social status so in her eyes we couldn't be together no matter how we actually felt about each other.

I saw Honeymoon Suite play this live on a double bill with Platinum Blonde.

Back