Social What's The Purpose of Vehicle Registration?

What about the insane income and state taxes we already pay, on top of sales and property taxes
They go towards other things. Hey, don't get me wrong, I am all for smaller government to a point but I do recognise that maintaining society and running everything is really expensive and everyone needs to contribute or it all goes to shit.

Congratulations, you can respond while completely ignoring the content of my post :rolleyes:

You're like the mentally retarded kid, stomping around the room yelling "I am teh winnar" while everyone else is rolling their eyes.

Because you were just talking shit about a word, that you didn't realize was fine to be used. When shown that, you just kept talking shit like a disgruntled gnome.

It doesn't matter at all that it simplifies things, that's perfectly ok. So you can fuck right off for all that I care.

<Moves>

Because you were just talking shit about a word, that you didn't realize was fine to be used. When shown that, you just kept talking shit like a disgruntled gnome.

It doesn't matter at all that it simplifies things, that's perfectly ok. So you can fuck right off for all that I care.

<Moves>
No, it's simply not accurate and despite finding something to quote online that reinforces your stupidity, it doesn't change that fact, no matter how much you wish it would.

Yep, that is certainly the level of intelligent conversation and ability to back up your ideas with reason and evidence that we have come to expect from you. At least you are consistent.

They go towards other things. Hey, don't get me wrong, I am all for smaller government to a point but I do recognise that maintaining society and running everything is really expensive and everyone needs to contribute or it all goes to shit.
I know, and I'm just bullshittin because I can't believe I forgot to pay it lol.

Explain the need for a yearly $155 registration fee
When people say the Government is too big and under the control (to some extent) of evil people, therefore there should be no government, I liken it to saying that because my house got a foot of dirty water in it during a flood, all water should be removed from the country. Like the Three Bears' porridge, you don't want either extreme (excess or insufficient government) but some point of balance in between. I don't feel an adult should need this explained.

You can look up where all the fees and taxes (supposedly) go if you want. Anyway US transport infastructure is both wasteful and neglected and eats billions of $ annually while deteriorating.

Now try a yearly $650 fee like it is here to pay for fentanyl express
What weight or class of vehicle is $650 a year in Washington?

Last edited:
When people say the Government is too big and under the control (to some extent) of evil people, therefore there should be no government, I liken it to saying that because my house got a foot of dirty water in it during a flood, all water should be removed from the country. Like the Three Bears' porridge, you don't want either extreme (excess or insufficient government) but some point of balance in between. I don't feel an adult should need this explained.

You can look up where all the fees and taxes (supposedly) go if you want. Anyway US transport infastructure is both wasteful and neglected and eats billions of $ annually while deteriorating.

What weight or class of vehicle is $650 a year in Washington?

Sorry it's actually more like $900

Sorry it's actually more like $900

Mm that is expensive. The obvious reasons are you aren't paying the road taxes when buying fuel, and they want money to build all the charging infrastructure, battery disposal etc. I haven't looked into it though. The Washington State vehicle tab calculator requires you to put your name and license plate in etc. and with a quick look I couldn't find a straight answer for how much an EV costs per year.

Mm that is expensive. The obvious reasons are you aren't paying the road taxes when buying fuel, and they want money to build all the charging infrastructure, battery disposal etc. I haven't looked into it though. The Washington State vehicle tab calculator requires you to put your name and license plate in etc. and with a quick look I couldn't find a straight answer for how much an EV costs per year.
Yeah no that's not it, they are not building any charging infrastructure at all

It's all for the fentanyl express

Literally nobody except for junkies use it

Yeah no that's not it, they are not building any charging infrastructure at all

It's all for the fentanyl express

Literally nobody except for junkies use it
Ok thanks for the information. It's unfortunate that people in the USA prefer this:

57f3f15c7b57d_I_80_Eastshore_Fwy.jpeg

to this:

211207163157-03-worlds-fastest-trains-restricted.jpg

I saw that the tab fee has at least ten different items and there are people on another Reddit thread saying they pay from under 100 to over 1000. Here's some info on the RTA item:

In 2016 voters in the Sound Transit district approved an increase in the Regional Transit Authority (RTA) Motor Vehicle Excise Tax (MVET) to fund the mass transit expansion described in Sound Transit 3. This vote increased the MVET rate from .3 percent to 1.1 percent annually, or $110 for each $10,000 of depreciated vehicle value.

The RTA tax is calculated from the depreciated value of your vehicle. It is determined by using a formula based on the vehicle manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP), or purchase price for commercial trucks and commercial trailers, and a depreciation schedule set by state law based on the age of the vehicle.

The purpose of renewing your plates is to ensure that your vehicle meets certain safety and regulatory standards, and to contribute to road maintenance and infrastructure funding. While it may seem arbitrary or inconvenient at times, it's ultimately about maintaining order and safety on the roads for everyone's benefit.
It makes sense for road maintenance, but fuck those safety standards. That's the reason why we can't get the cool cars and trucks they sell in other countries.

Let me decide my own risk tolerance for safety.

Ok thanks for the information. It's unfortunate that people in the USA prefer this:

57f3f15c7b57d_I_80_Eastshore_Fwy.jpeg

to this:

211207163157-03-worlds-fastest-trains-restricted.jpg

I saw that the tab fee has at least ten different items and there are people on another Reddit thread saying they pay from under 100 to over 1000. Here's some info on the RTA item:

In 2016 voters in the Sound Transit district approved an increase in the Regional Transit Authority (RTA) Motor Vehicle Excise Tax (MVET) to fund the mass transit expansion described in Sound Transit 3. This vote increased the MVET rate from .3 percent to 1.1 percent annually, or $110 for each $10,000 of depreciated vehicle value.

The RTA tax is calculated from the depreciated value of your vehicle. It is determined by using a formula based on the vehicle manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP), or purchase price for commercial trucks and commercial trailers, and a depreciation schedule set by state law based on the age of the vehicle.
It's just self preservation

Nobody wants to get stabbed by a shit smeared schizoid junkie on their daily commute

It's a knife fight out there, you obese sumoids will never understand

People that are opposed to vehicle registration, would you prefer people being able to have hit and run accidents without anyway to identify their car from anyone else with the same make & model?

People that are opposed to vehicle registration, would you prefer people being able to have hit and run accidents without anyway to identify their car from anyone else with the same make & model?

You greatly underestimate the Internet of Things (IoT) tech available today. They've got electronics in the car to identify you, they can ID from your phone, they've even got unique identifiers in the tires which get scanned. They also use V2V (vehicle to vehicle communication), V2P (pedestrian and their phone) and other modalities, meaning the electronics of your car are constantly pinging back and forth with cars, devices, and people around you. The screens in newer cars are also using optogenetics, VLC (visual light communication) and LIDAR, which won't mean anything to you but the bottom line is that you're constantly being watched and analyzed. There are sensors relaying every second of the drive and analyzing it. All of this is integrated into the mesh network and ubiquitous cellular network. The deeper levels of government have perfect information on where you've been, although I'm sure the lower levels (e.g. police) aren't given full access. This amount of data-gathering should scare people but y'all braindead so I'm sure you're unbothered. In principle the government could solve pretty much 100% of crimes if they wanted to. The registration is just a ritual, also money.

Registration is a joke. It’s simply a tax. I reregister online every year now.

A car should only need to be registered once.

Between 2020 and 2022 my registration was expired. The silly COVID policies made me make appointments to renew and they would try to send you to the biggest shithole DMVs. I refused so I just drove without it.

Got pulled over 3 times for the registry. No tickets and just warnings. I think it’s because my driving record is perfect.

You greatly underestimate the Internet of Things (IoT) tech available today. They've got electronics in the car to identify you, they can ID from your phone, they've even got unique identifiers in the tires which get scanned. They also use V2V (vehicle to vehicle communication), V2P (pedestrian and their phone) and other modalities, meaning the electronics of your car are constantly pinging back and forth with cars, devices, and people around you. The screens in newer cars are also using optogenetics, VLC (visual light communication) and LIDAR, which won't mean anything to you but the bottom line is that you're constantly being watched and analyzed. There are sensors relaying every second of the drive and analyzing it. All of this is integrated into the mesh network and ubiquitous cellular network. The deeper levels of government have perfect information on where you've been, although I'm sure the lower levels (e.g. police) aren't given full access. This amount of data-gathering should scare people but y'all braindead so I'm sure you're unbothered. In principle the government could solve pretty much 100% of crimes if they wanted to. The registration is just a ritual, also money.
Yeah, but how to they tie any of that to you? What if there are more people in your car with phones? And also, how do they know which person whose phone is in that car is the owner?

And being that all of these different things are done by private businesses, how does the government then track who owns what car? By asking some private corporation each time they need to know?

I think you greatly overestimate the ioT. Most cars don’t have much of what you describe. Teslas, maybe. But most cars are at most collecting raw data.
It’s pretty much the same way cookies track every site you go to and your activity on those sites. But unless that information is tied to an email address or some other personal identifier, it is completely impersonal and used to see what people in general do, rather than what one individual does, let alone who they are.

Back