What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Also, everyone should check out my rant about the NRA in the War Room.
I caught that, but refrained from commenting there. Here's the thing, as a Canadian, who supports three, much less influential local gun lobbies; I have to say that division is bad for us as gun owners and I wish we had even a single lobby that influential.

Perhaps I'll owe it to the fact that gun ownership isn't recognized as an enumerated right by our government; but we end up having to fight for fucking scraps, I think largely because we don't have anything as big an influential as the NRA. Going back to an earlier comment I made about gun forum dick measuring, it saddens me when we begin to eat ourselves over, what could be a minor grievance, that ultimately dilutes support or a unified front to the public. I support three organizations because we don't have one and I would likely still continue to support those organizations even if we had one larger group, because it's an important issue to me.

All I'm saying is, "You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone...."

SnB-300AAC-200gr-SUBsonic-s-o__54609.1534470131.jpg

1000 rounds

SB--9mm-150gr-FMJ-Subsonic-s-o__80392.1560227470.jpg

2000 rounds

I caught that, but refrained from commenting there. Here's the thing, as a Canadian, who supports three, much less influential local gun lobbies; I have to say that division is bad for us as gun owners and I wish we had even a single lobby that influential.

Perhaps I'll owe it to the fact that gun ownership isn't recognized as an enumerated right by our government; but we end up having to fight for fucking scraps, I think largely because we don't have anything as big an influential as the NRA. Going back to an earlier comment I made about gun forum dick measuring, it saddens me when we begin to eat ourselves over, what could be a minor grievance, that ultimately dilutes support or a unified front to the public. I support three organizations because we don't have one and I would likely still continue to support those organizations even if we had one larger group, because it's an important issue to me.

All I'm saying is, "You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone...."

The NRA is not at the forefront of protecting our rights in the courts. They are at the forefront of negotiating them away.

The NRA is not at the forefront of protecting our rights in the courts. They are at the forefront of negotiating them away.
This is why I didn't want to get into it in the War Room, in front of all the gun controlls. Dilution and division is bad, whatever qualms people have with the NRA, they're still the proverbial 800 lbs gorilla in the room. I'm playing devil's advocate, but I can tell you from experience, it sucks when you don't have a unified voice and my approach has been to show public support and hope to make changes from within. Dwindling and fractured support is part of "their" victory condition; it supports the claim of gun owners as being a fringe group or vocal minority.

Again, playing Devil's advocate and we Canadian gun owners face a different set of challenges, but dwindling memberships and support doesn't help our cause.

If I may be so bold as to make an analogy; just look at the so-called "progressives", how they cannibalize themselves as liberalism becomes more and more exclusive and seemingly out-of-touch.

@Roaming East would you say as of now it’s a beautiful piece of shit?

ive actually self corrected its issues...The mag release paddle they used is extended and too long, so i had to file that bitch down a bit. Still fits tight with none metal mags, so all of my poly mags get hit up with a file above the rear locking tab to remove the rise of it and flatten it out. So far it runs smooth as f-k. it kinda puts me in the mind of a tuner car. you gotta fiddle fuck with stuff to get the performance you want, but once you do...

On a side note, when i emailed tactical edge about the issues, they basically said 'we fit them to the mag we send (they didnt), but the problem is probably the mag release (it is) and i should just file it down (which i also did).

so yeah. produce expensive rifle, do no fitment test before boxing and selling it, and when fitment sucks, dont offer to correct the problem, just identify how your business fucked it up and advise how customer can unfuck the problem with no restitution or compensation

so yeah. produce expensive rifle, do no fitment test before boxing and selling it, and when fitment sucks, dont offer to correct the problem, just identify how your business fucked it up and advise how customer can unfuck the problem with no restitution or compensation

Sounds about on par with what I've been hearing about them. Absolutely pathetic QC and customer service. Hopefully beyond the mag release it's stays good and reliable.

Shit, makes me happy mine cycles most of the time.
I haven't had any issues from mine...15" bbl with pin and welded 3" brake, polished bolt, v plug, g2 trigger.

Years back I did pay a ridiculous amount for factory Izmash 8 rd mags.

@Roaming East would you say as of now it’s a beautiful piece of shit?

I live in VA....the nra home state. And they did about fk all for my 2nd amendment rights. Vcdl and a ton of grassroots effort made the difference. Nra can fk off.

I live in VA....the nra home state. And they did about fk all for my 2nd amendment rights. Vcdl and a ton of grassroots effort made the difference. Nra can fk off.
I get @jlagman and his position that he wishes he could have something like them in Canada...

But as someone that was at one time a member, all I saw my money go to was LaPierre and his cronies bank accounts. They were no where for Virginia, no where for WA, and have done nothing but piggy back on what GoA and FPC have been doing the last 2 years.

I get @jlagman and his position that he wishes he could have something like them in Canada...

But as someone that was at one time a member, all I saw my money go to was LaPierre and his cronies bank accounts. They were no where for Virginia, no where for WA, and have done nothing but piggy back on what GoA and FPC have been doing the last 2 years.
I agree 100%

Hopefully this is my last derailment, but we experienced something similar, albeit smaller scale, just a few years ago. The NFA was and probably still is, the largest gun org in Canada and while I don't know all the details, there was a misappropriation of funds by some of the executives and an ousting of a popular, but lower ranking member. Naturally, a splinter faction (which I am also a paying member of) emerged made up of a mass exodus of paying members. The end result is that there's a lot of infighting and going off in different directions.

At the end of the day, supporting three orgs costs me less than $200 annually and I will continue to support and try to work with all three towards a common goal of protecting civilian firearms ownership in my country.

This is why I didn't want to get into it in the War Room, in front of all the gun controlls. Dilution and division is bad, whatever qualms people have with the NRA, they're still the proverbial 800 lbs gorilla in the room. I'm playing devil's advocate, but I can tell you from experience, it sucks when you don't have a unified voice and my approach has been to show public support and hope to make changes from within. Dwindling and fractured support is part of "their" victory condition; it supports the claim of gun owners as being a fringe group or vocal minority.

Again, playing Devil's advocate and we Canadian gun owners face a different set of challenges, but dwindling memberships and support doesn't help our cause.

If I may be so bold as to make an analogy; just look at the so-called "progressives", how they cannibalize themselves as liberalism becomes more and more exclusive and seemingly out-of-touch.

Makes sense. At this point though, in America, I don't expect anything good from legislation. Our hopes lie with the courts. @alanb (he banned?) and his partner are doing more for us than the NRA.

ive actually self corrected its issues...The mag release paddle they used is extended and too long, so i had to file that bitch down a bit. Still fits tight with none metal mags, so all of my poly mags get hit up with a file above the rear locking tab to remove the rise of it and flatten it out. So far it runs smooth as f-k. it kinda puts me in the mind of a tuner car. you gotta fiddle fuck with stuff to get the performance you want, but once you do...

On a side note, when i emailed tactical edge about the issues, they basically said 'we fit them to the mag we send (they didnt), but the problem is probably the mag release (it is) and i should just file it down (which i also did).

You talking about the Saiga 12?

I haven't had any issues from mine...15" bbl with pin and welded 3" brake, polished bolt, v plug, g2 trigger.

Years back I did pay a ridiculous amount for factory Izmash 8 rd mags.

Hmmmmmm. What's the v plug? Do you run non-factory mags?

Makes sense. At this point though, in America, I don't expect anything good from legislation. Our hopes lie with the courts. @alanb (he banned?) and his partner are doing more for us than the NRA.

You talking about the Saiga 12?

Hmmmmmm. What's the v plug? Do you run non-factory mags?
https://www.carolinashooterssupply....2_gas_plug_6_setting_p/css-gas-plug-saiga.htm

These are factory mags.
https://www.k-var.com/magazine-for-saiga-12-gauge-shotgun-8-round-izhmash-russia

I only have a few...had them for years. I have several other non factory mags also.

Mine has an aftermarket plug, but not that one.

Holy Christ those are expensive mags. Fuck eight rounds though. I bought a Saiga to run these bad boys.

2018-01-02_003.jpg
Agreed. But I wanted factory Izmash stamped mags.....just because. They used to be damn near impossible to get.

Normally I just use 12 rders or a drum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back