What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I know. I have a G2S someplace I’m going to put in it but it requires like legit grinding part of it to fit so I may just hold that and buy a drop in built for an AR10 from like Elfmann next time they’re on sale

I know. I have a G2S someplace I’m going to put in it but it requires like legit grinding part of it to fit so I may just hold that and buy a drop in built for an AR10 from like Elfmann next time they’re on sale

I have had issues with both Elfmann triggers I've bought. I need to get them sent out and replaced. I'll probably sell them immediately after.

Fantastic trigger when it worked, one of my favorite for sure. But having failures and hearing many others with failures I'm not trusting them.

I have had issues with both Elfmann triggers I've bought. I need to get them sent out and replaced. I'll probably sell them immediately after.

Fantastic trigger when it worked, one of my favorite for sure. But having failures and hearing many others with failures I'm not trusting them.
The search will continue then. Kind of want a single stage

I really like the TriggerTech.

It's technically 2 stage but the first stage on the diamond is .25 lbs. It's basically just a very short take up.
I kinda want a Timney given their track record on bolt guns and my intention is this AR10 will be a prone shooting/bench gun but we will see

I was going to buy another Glock but I noticed at my local gun shop they have a 1865(ish) Colt Navy percussion revolver, and I'm quite tempted to buy it. I have a handgun licence but it's not needed to buy antique pistols here, though I'm not sure how good they are for shooting anymore, I do wonder if they would hold up well or if it is too dangerous to risk breaking them.

Got a Spyderco Efficient, looked interesting, didn't mind it being smaller (I tend to like larger knives). It's not bad, fits well in my hand.

96Weyo.png

I was going to buy another Glock but I noticed at my local gun shop they have a 1865(ish) Colt Navy percussion revolver, and I'm quite tempted to buy it. I have a handgun licence but it's not needed to buy antique pistols here, though I'm not sure how good they are for shooting anymore, I do wonder if they would hold up well or if it is too dangerous to risk breaking them.

Ask if it's shooting grade or a decorative piece. There should be safe load data for old guns like that as well.

Ask if it's shooting grade or a decorative piece. There should be safe load data for old guns like that as well.
My brother in laws father is a world renowned expert on blackpowder firearms (He's written a few books about the subject). I'll ask him about how much powder to use. They said it's still in firing condition and even has 80% of the original varnish on the handles. The question I guess I want to find out is how durable it'll still be.

My AR-10 is done boys... AND IT'S HEAVY AS FUCK HOLY HELL. I don't even have a scope or a fucking bipod or vertical grip on it to finish the Mk12 cloning process and it's a bitch to operate standing up with one hand unless you do the thing where you jam the butt into the crook of your elbow to help support it during a mag change and shit.

I brought the G19 home. My word, the trigger feels awful. I wonder if my G35 with Mcarbo springs and polish job has spoiled me. A buddy of mine has a G17 with lonewolf internals, and I love it... any other suggestions?

I brought the G19 home. My word, the trigger feels awful. I wonder if my G35 with Mcarbo springs and polish job has spoiled me. A buddy of mine has a G17 with lonewolf internals, and I love it... any other suggestions?

I guess it's too late to not buy the Glock. :D

The Agency Arms trigger, Salient if you can find it, the Diamond Trigger from The Glock Store are all good upgrades.

Meh....with me and Glocks......shooting them a lot helps smooth out the trigger a decent amount.

Correct. I live in California so I'll let you infer.

I guess it's just been too long since I've shot a stock Glock, and it feels so.... Stock.

Yeah, options are certainly limited there. I'm sure you'll find some aftermarket upgrades that'll be satisfactory.

Apex trigger with connector and spring. Great kit.
Edit- its the safety plunger spring, dont mess with trigger or striker spring. The change of geometry on the upgraded connector combined with the safety plunger spring will make a world of difference.

Last edited:
You know the Glock trigger has never bothered me even though the first handgun I shot was an M9. Ignorance is bliss and I choose to remain in bliss. :D

Back