When did you start watching mma ?

When?

• Total voters
I got into MMA way before I was even born. Probably explains how I got to be 220lbs and shredded. My black belt speaks for itself.

I've been into pro wrestling when I was a little kid, and came back to it because of boredom at some point. When I heard that Brock Lesnar made his transition into MMA, I started to check it out, and slowly but surely got hooked.

The UFC in early 90's was huge , everyone was interested so I guess its really just a poll of how old are you

Slept over my friend's house in elementary school. His mom put on UFC 4. Told me never to fuck with someone who has cauliflower ears. Solid advice really.

Forgot about it for a while, then in 2002 IIRC The Smashing Machine was on HBO. Got hooked. I competed in wrestling and it was impressive watching all these former wrestlers beat the hell out of people.

Someone got a hold of PRIDE 24, with a comically undersized Dan Henderson taking on Big Nog, who was the HW champ at the time. Dan did great, even though he eventually lost, and quickly became my favorite fighter. Been watching it ever since.

When the first TUF season aired, i remember i was vuying dvds at a shop, i was only about 13-14 at the time but i loved watching fighting movies and kickboxing etc, so i was like this looks interesting, from there on i started watching UFC events, i dont watch every event but if there's a card with many good fights then I'll watch it

I had seen it , but I didn’t turn full time pro until 1999

2004, the Tito/Shamrock era.

Be honest, when did you first start watching mma ?

i Started watching some ufc/pride in 2004, got really hooked when tuf 1 started in 2005.
I don't know the era...
I was training MMA, and heard people talking about it, so I started looking for it.
The first one I've watched was Pride 27, the one Mark kerr knocked himself out. :)

But the card was stacked. (Murilo) Rua, Cro Cop, Kharitonov, Vovchanchyn, yamamoto, Crazy Horse.... good old days where cards were memorable!

2010. Phil Davis made me fall in love with the sport

Fear Factor-> Hogan stand up -> Hogan podcast -> Chael/Silva rivalry (2010/2011).

I got a tape off a mate of this ultimate fighting no holds barred thing back in 2000 that had Hoyce on it subbing fools for lolz. Then I remained interested from afar without watching it or even knowing if it was being screened on any channel.... Then one day I saw a poster while out shopping for Henderson v Bisping 1 and was really interested but forgot when it was on and missed it... Then out of the blue one day, I was looking for a boxing stream I think, and stumbled across a UFC live stream...’Sweet!’ , I thought ... so I clicked on it and saw some monstrous guy who I knew to be a Brock Lesnar v some guy I hadn’t heard of who turns out to be Mir, and Brock smashed him. Wtf? I thought. What is this madness, he’s fucking WEE?!!!!
So then same circumstances some time later and as luck would have it, I tune into Brock getting gaped by Cain and couldn’t understand what I’d just saw.... Then I stumbled over Jones killing Shogun and I hardly ever missed a show after that!

Was fortunate enough to have an uncle into Cable, Sat and Arcades when I was younger.

We basically saw everything that was permitted back then. UFC 1 and addicted since...

Well, I started watching MMA with UFC 1. A guy I trained with had an older brother who had been in Brazil and done a couple of Vale Tudo fights before that so I was constantly looking for info on that but there was not much to be found at the time. (Black Belt Magazine, KI, shit like that).

Second half of 2010. Right after Machida lost to Shogun. So between Machida and Rousey era somewhere.

Right before Houston Alexander and the Dean of Mean. But it was this fight and card that got my MMA juices flowing.

UFC 1 and as well Vale Tudo Japan 94 and 95.

Still feel Vale Tudo Japan was apart of MMA's Golden Start.

Back