When I look at Khamzat I see Ronda Rousey...

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
When you look at their records, they are remarkably similar.

Ronda beat Miesha Tate.
Khamzat beat Burns.

That's about equivalent if you were to make a p4p comparison.

Next, you got these cans that Khamzat was padding his record with. Simliar to Rousey.

Kevin Holland is Ronda's Cat Zigano.

Now the UFC will put him in a title contender match.

Marty and the other guy are strong AF and can negate his lil shooting blitz, so the UFC won't put him against those killers yet.

The best bet?

Colby Covington. Pillow fists, small frame, the safest bet for him to get that contender status.

But here's the thing, Colby has an endless gas tank. He will weather the storm and surprise everyone with a TKO of Khamzat.

Do you think Ronda's and Khamzat's paths are similar?

The division might have been really shallow, but as the champion Ronda took on the next BW fighter in line every time. Borz has only fought two fighters in the top 15 of any division.

I’m not seeing any real similarities at all.

Let’s hope it doesn’t end like Ronda then
Or, let's hope it does
<{ohyeah}>
1368859338.jpg

The division might have been really shallow, but as the champion Ronda took on the next BW fighter in line every time. Borz has only fought two fighters in the top 15 of any division.

I’m not seeing any real similarities at all.
There are def similarities

They finish fights fast and so often,that its extraordinary,and look human when they cant blast em out of there like usual.

Khamzat is much more well-rounded than Ronda ever was. Ronda tried to convince herself she could strike but it was obviously not true.
Still, it will be interesting when Khamzat doesn't get such preferential matchups and can't just overpower someone. Even against Burns, the main difference was the size and strength advantage of Khamzat.
We all knew Diaz was simply being fucked over and sacrified by Dana to build Khamzat's name for the masses. Holland can't stop takedowns so wasn't really much of a test.
That's the big difference in the UFC nowadays. Dana used to love to say it was the best fighting the best but more and more it's about the matchups and the UFC protecting people.

It's not too late to delete this dumb thread.

Colby won’t take a fight with Khamzat so that whole part of your post is irrelevant

Khamzat is much more well-rounded than Ronda ever was. Ronda tried to convince herself she could strike but it was obviously not true.

Ronda finished 3 top-10 fighters with strikes, Khamzat has yet to finish a top-10 fighter with strikes.

And yes, I'm aware of the different level of competition...

Back