When was the LAST TIME you've been to a MALL?

I go to a Dicks that is on the outside of a Mall that is now closed. Just a Dicks and a Macy's left, but only from the outside. My wife and I used to walk the inside during the winter as it was still open even with no stores. It was eerie and cool. The bif Mall by me about 15 minutes away has plenty of big high end stores and a great food court....but due to crowds and BS from youth, it just isnt worth it.

Our malls had a resurgence and renovation around 2019 but with mob looting and brawls since 2020 it has made me not go anymore.

Two of the bigger malls here seem to have so many empty spaces and these little shit pop up stores occupying normal space where you know they are going to be gone in a few months. They also have like swap meet type vendors there at both. I guess that's their way of adapting.

One shopping area, can't call it shopping center, that was formerly anchored by Kmart and local grocery store chain has those two big spots empty for years.

I go every Christmas eve as tradition to buy my personal gifts for my kids n wife. Yes I'm an old school guy. .
You can get more for less online. I bought Magic Eraser on Amazon and looked at Walmart and it was more expensive there for fewer pieces... unless I'm not noticing some premium tier versions.

Been a few years, hitting the food court was a palette pleasure.

I was at a mall Saturday.

I was supposed to meet my friend to give him some paint and a paint sprayer (to paint his new MMA gym). I talked to his wife since I couldn't reach him, and his phone had apparently been cracked and his apple care plan was running out, so he went to the Apple store at the local mall. I met him there to give him the paint and sprayer.

Later that night I went to another mall to watch UFC300 at a BWW with that same friend and about a dozen people from his new gym.

You can get more for less online. I bought Magic Eraser on Amazon and looked at Walmart and it was more expensive there for fewer pieces... unless I'm not noticing some premium tier versions.
It likely is but like my father and his father........ we do the Christmas eve last minute gift thing as tradition. I guess also maybe as we procrastinate everything but it's tradition dammit

Our malls had a resurgence and renovation around 2019 but with mob looting and brawls since 2020 it has made me not go anymore.

Torrance PD cleared those fuckers out quick and keep Del Amo way safer then Long Beach.

Stupid fucking kids need their heads kicked in. I dont care if some of them are teenagers.

Couple months ago was at westland to stop at Clairs to get flowers and clips for my hair. It was a weird creepy ghost town and felt like round 1 of zombie mode might kick off at any moment. It's dead but refuses to die.

Around Christmas. More to walk around than anything. 70% closed. Crazy because all the peripheral stuff at the edges of the mall: Barnes and Noble, Chili's, movie theater, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chipotle, etc, seems to be doing great.

I go to the outlets quite often. Maybe twice a month. We have some really nice ones around me now, and they always have great deals.
Regular malls, only when super convenient, and absolutely necessary.

Brit question: is a mall a shopping centre?

Nearly a year ago simply to use their toilets.

I used to know a security guard from my local shopping centre who told me they'd get regular masturbators who they'd have to remove from the toilets. And the occasional smack head who'd hold up a stall shooting up.
So were you masturbating or shooting up or both?

About a week or so was the last time I went but before that it was probably September. I went to this record store they have in the mall, which I bought a Motorhead shirt at.

Torrance PD cleared those fuckers out quick and keep Del Amo way safer then Long Beach.

Stupid fucking kids need their heads kicked in. I dont care if some of them are teenagers.
They also did a good job at preventing trouble in carson at that mall which is a more ghetto mall historically.

3 weeks ago. I go probably 4-5 times a year.

The mall just north of Baltimore is still pretty active.

6 years...only because that was the last time i went to southern Canada.
Just so you know how far behind we are here in the Arctic....we still have a video rental store

I went to the comedy club with some buddies in the Mall of America sometime last year.

Back