When working out, should we be angry or calm?

Calm between sets but when grabbing the iron…rage and anger!

This was all a bit to get into the WWE, which while short lived, was successful

If you say so. Division 1 wrestler, always lifting heavy and getting big. Always about the mindset when lifting. Always bringing intensity when he lifts.

This was all a bit to get into the WWE, which while short lived, was successful
I have never made it more than 30 seconds into any of those stupid songs. It sounds like .... shit noise, not music, not rhythm, just like a garbage truck lifting cans with speakers attached.

I have never made it more than 30 seconds into any of those stupid songs. It sounds like .... shit noise, not music, not rhythm, just like a garbage truck lifting cans with speakers attached.

I always think of this everytime someone plays death metal and calls it motivational for some reason.
Early guys with a good job and happy family who listen to Goggins posting WHO'S GONNA CARRY THE BOATS when they're at their $130 a month gym

How is this a criticism of me and not an admission of you being an NPC?

Because us NPCs are more alpha than you protagonist wannabes.

I can squat, bench press, and deadlift more than you despite me training with a serene mind. A tiger is nothing more than a cold-blooded murderer. Us NPCs are goldenback gorillas who are hostile only to those who harm our wives.

And by wives, I'm talking about Aerith Gainsborough, Tifa Lockhart, and Rinoa Heartilly being a part of our harem... While you tigers have a bunch of ugly hoes.

I can squat, bench press, and deadlift more than you despite me training with a serene mind. A tiger is nothing more than a cold-blooded murderer. Us NPCs are goldenback gorillas who are hostile only to those who harm our wives.

And by wives, I'm talking about Aerith Gainsborough, Tifa Lockhart, and Rinoa Heartilly being a part of our harem... While you tigers have a bunch of ugly hoes.
Did some silverback workouts a few days ago. Swinging from ropes to rings and primate walks. Was exhausting and no chance would have kept the focus in hand to hand exchanges if angry.

Did some silverback workouts a few days ago. Swinging from ropes to rings and primate walks. Was exhausting and no chance would have kept the focus in hand to hand exchanges if angry.
Fine motor skills deteriorate over about 70% of Max HR. I have always found I can get a bit aggressive for a heavy deadlift, but it's the wrong way to approach anything with any technical proficiency.

I wish I had your set up. It's awesome and I need to do more hanging work that isn't a pullup. My left shoulder is locked when I jump on the old monkey bars these days.

Fine motor skills deteriorate over about 70% of Max HR. I have always found I can get a bit aggressive for a heavy deadlift, but it's the wrong way to approach anything with any technical proficiency.

I wish I had your set up. It's awesome and I need to do more hanging work that isn't a pullup. My left shoulder is locked when I jump on the old monkey bars these days.

Fully believe that . Even basic repetitive movement like running starts to fall apart after O2 levels drop. Burst movements just get sloppy. 1 explosive drive and then try to muscle through the rest of it.

Grab a bar and just hang out. That's it. Switch grips, slightly twist on body to make hips move. Loosen them shoulders up.

Fully believe that . Even basic repetitive movement like running starts to fall apart after O2 levels drop. Burst movements just get sloppy. 1 explosive drive and then try to muscle through the rest of it.

Grab a bar and just hang out. That's it. Switch grips, slightly twist on body to make hips move. Loosen them shoulders up.
I used to hang after every set of squats or deadlifts. I don't know why I stopped to be honest. I probably thought weighted pullup would achieve the same.

I think I might go hang now. I would love somewhere to hang my ring up that allow me to swing a bit more.

Blah blah blah dude. All I'm seeing is someone who's admitting to be an npc but is still talking.

Sit down. Ffs.

If I doubt myself or afraid of my next set, i have an achor I use to snap my CNS to overdrive

Being calm during weight training helps me focus more on my form and cadence. The anger only comes in when I'm done and need to get that glorious post-workout meal ASAP.

Being angry/hyped activates your nervous system, which will greatly help you if you are going heavy in a compound lift, especially if the weight is transferring through your shoulders. Just remember that you should reserve this for your 3 hardest sets and for the rest it's better to be calm. This is because if you overtax your nervous system you will feel like trash for like 24 hours.

It seems to be a common thing among trainees to release their pent up anger and frustration when working out. That is never my style. I always make sure I am calm and relaxed before every workout. Am I... Doing things wrong or something?

Shouldn't we be calm before workouts so we can better focus on the workout? Doesn't being calm help us focus on squatting and deadlifting with good form?

Anyway, if you wanna know what prompted me to ask this question, just check out my March 7, 2024 entry on my training log. Some bimbo pissed me off.

But yeah. Anger or calmness? How should we be when lifting weights?

Thanks.
I got angry today during my sled pulls, 90 lbs, and it felt so much lighter haha, that adrenaline dump goes hard

Back