Where do you place prime Hari amongst greats based on skill level?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
So Hari is fighting soon, and just wondering where Sherbros would place prime Hari, in terms of his skillset, not necessarily his accomplishments, since it can be argued he hasn't really won a whole lot necessarily, I don't know why he decided to footstomp Remy, amongst other HW greats?

Aerts
Schilts
Crocop
Lebanner
Hoost
Bonjasky
Rico
Hug/Filho
Hunto/Sefo/Saki/etc

I'd put him right up there with Aerts, Hoost, and Schilt if it wasn't for him being a mental midget. Skill wise alone he's top tier other then getting knockedout when he shouldn't have but even Aerts and Hoost had that too. It just comes down to Hari being fucked in the head so I'll have him with Remy and Iggy.

He’s one of the most skilled and talented hws of all time. He had all the tools he needed to win a Grand Prix but had a tendency to loose his shit when fights got out of his control. Not to mention that he pissed away many of his best years with legal troubles.

Still has a great resume, 2 major promotional world titles, 2 times k-1 gp runner up, and has wins over many of the sport’s best. But he was absolutely capable of doing more.

Head to head he has at least a 50/50 chance of beating any of the greats. Though I think Sem and Remy probably beat him 6 or possibly 7 out of 10 times. Both guys are stylistically challenging for Hari.

I'd put him right up there with Aerts, Hoost, and Schilt if it wasn't for him being a mental midget. Skill wise alone he's top tier other then getting knockedout when he shouldn't have but even Aerts and Hoost had that too. It just comes down to Hari being fucked in the head so I'll have him with Remy and Iggy.

Who's Iggy? Ignashov?

He’s one of the most skilled and talented hws of all time. He had all the tools he needed to win a Grand Prix but had a tendency to loose his shit when fights got out of his control. Not to mention that he pissed away many of his best years with legal troubles.

Still has a great resume, 2 major promotional world titles, 2 times k-1 gp runner up, and has wins over many of the sport’s best. But he was absolutely capable of doing more.

Head to head he has at least a 50/50 chance of beating any of the greats. Though I think Sem and Remy probably beat him 6 or possibly 7 out of 10 times. Both guys are stylistically challenging for Hari.

wish we saw prime aerts vs hari.

I wish we would’ve seen Badr Hari vs Tyrone Spong around 2012.
That would’ve been a technical and hard fight damn

I'm not sure if Spong is on Hari's level, prime for prime. I think guys like Saki and Spong might be better p4p, but in real world, I think Hari will always be too much for them personally.

I'm not sure if Spong is on Hari's level, prime for prime. I think guys like Saki and Spong might be better p4p, but in real world, I think Hari will always be too much for them personally.
There is no P4P, headshot, dead;)

He did complete a whole lot he beat a lot of the best. Now he has fallen of but every great has lost a few fights at some point especially laster in their career.

Last edited:

Spong technically is a good as anyone but small for hw, he's more of a lhw. Used to fight lower weight classes too. But also an apsolutne great.

wish we saw prime aerts vs hari.

Nah Aerst was like 40 and Badr was like 30. Not prime Aerst. Or is this a Prime Hari who lost 5 fights now?

But Hari can beat Aerts prime for prime.

he is under the all time greats in their prime as Hoost, Aerts, Schilt, Bonjasky and JLB( i think he would be a nightmare for hari, good chin, southpaw, hit hard with both hands, could set up his straights with strong lowkicks)

Hari was Amazing during his Prime in K-1 and Its Showtime, but he wasnt skilled enough to be a K-1 WGP champion, he got the luck on his side that those guys above were all old as fuck, i think a guy like Hunt(in his prime), was a bad matchup for Hari, granite chin, only JLB was able to stop him when he was 100% game...

HE lost against big names but not hall of famers like Ignashov and Leko, i think he was only able to beat ignashov twice because he was old and have too much problems in his life,especially lack in training by being alcholic, i think Ignashov in his prime was better than Hari.

he is under the all time greats in their prime as Hoost, Aerts, Schilt, Bonjasky and JLB( i think he would be a nightmare for hari, good chin, southpaw, hit hard with both hands, could set up his straights with strong lowkicks)

Hari was Amazing during his Prime in K-1 and Its Showtime, but he wasnt skilled enough to be a K-1 WGP champion, he got the luck on his side that those guys above were all old as fuck, i think a guy like Hunt(in his prime), was a bad matchup for Hari, granite chin, only JLB was able to stop him when he was 100% game...

HE lost against big names but not hall of famers like Ignashov and Leko, i think he was only able to beat ignashov twice because he was old and have too much problems in his life,especially lack in training by being alcholic, i think Ignashov in his prime was better than Hari.
I don’t think skill was his problem, he was about as skilled as a heavyweight is going to get. I totally agree that his poor training ethic and crazy behavior in and out of the ring undermined his career.

I think there's more skilled heavy weights. When I think of badr I think of one of the most dangerous offensive kick boxers. He did so much damage moving forward and that factored heavily into his game.

Back