Where do you rank Israel Adesanya among the greatest MWs of all-time?

Where do you rank Israel Adesanya among the greatest MW of all-time?

• Total voters
I mean, he's a clear cut #2 in both accomplishments and skill. #1 is obviously Silva, and the only other guy who could make the list was Franklin, and I don't think any sober person picks Franklin over Adesanya.
Yep. Based on accomplishments, I think #3 would be between Franklin and Weidman. Even though I like both of them more than Izzy, there's no way either deserves the #2 spot.
It doesn't work that way, Silva was a former WW yet he brutalized him in the clinch because there was a big skill gap. It just tells you the game has evolved and Jan is better all around that Franklin was.

Decent list right here imo but my heart feels like Franklin should be there somewhere, although reality may not warrant it lol

Franklin's record at MW is 7-3 best wins Tanner and Okami in a close dec. All 3 losses by stoppage. Defended his at the time B level UFC tittle vs guys not even universally ranked top10 worldwide. A tittle vacated by a serious top talent in Bustamante who asked for money than UFC was able/willing to pay at the time.

If we are tallking about MW sized fighters who also made career at LHW, it's evident guys as Henderson, Machida and Belfort are above him by any measure, not only because they all beat him.

Franklin was a good fighter but even suggest he is top3 of all-time is a testament of UFC hype machine, which back in the day focused on build American posterboyz

After seeing what Jan and Sean did to him there no guarantee Izzy can beat Rich. Rich is the same size as Jan and has better striking and cardio than Sean. I still have Izzy at #2 based off accomplishments.

Franklin weighted 207 as a MW and 2011 as a LHW. He is not the same size than Jan.
Too much sherbro eye tests, sherbro myths and memes.

Last edited:
GSP is the second greatest MW of all time after defeating a one-eyed man and with a record of 1-0 at MW?

<{vega}>

I guess "unbeaten," "champion," "100% finish rate," etc. don't mean anything to you but Izzy would have nothing for GSP at middleweight except tears.

I got Anderson Silva as #1, so he would be #2.

Depending what happens in the future, we'll see if he goes down or up. Only time will tell.

1276892785.jpg.jpg

I consider allot of MW's as far as what I think in a fight ..Wanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson, Frank Shamrock, Vitor Belfort, and a few others I am probably forgetting but...I am basing it off who would win in a fight...AS is clearly 1st ...but...I see Izzy having a hard time with these guys...

but as far as accomplishment...2 no doubt. He accomplished allot.

Franklin's record at MW is 7-3 best wins Tanner and Okami in a close dec. All 3 losses by stoppage. Defended his at the time B level UFC tittle vs guys not even universally ranked top10 worldwide. A tittle vacated by a serious top talent in Bustamante who asked for money than UFC was able/willing to pay at the time.

If we are tallking about MW sized fighters who also made career at LHW, it's evident guys as Henderson, Machida and Belfort are above him by any measure, not only because they all beat him.

Franklin was a good fighter but even suggest he is top3 of all-time is a testament of UFC hype machine, which back in the day focused on build American posterboyz

Franklin weighted 207 as a MW and 2011 as a LHW. He is not the same size than Jan.
Too much sherbro eye tests, sherbro myths and memes.
JFC I literally said my heart wanted it but it wasn't realistic. That 1k word essay of yours prob says the exact things that make it "not realistic"

He's clearly #2 but has a way to go before being considered the MW GOAT

Clear number two.
While the Strickland loss definitely took a hit to his chances of maybe surpassing Silva, he still undeniably was a great champion.

So yeah Silva is number one and Izzy is number two, I don't those two are pretty solid in those places right now and most likely for the next few years.

Izzy to Silva is what Usman is to GSP. The comparisons are actually quite similar.

They're great, but they're not that great.

Silva is top dog at #1. Izzy #2 and Weidman #3, but I feel like MW has historically been a weak to moderate division despite being a common adult weight class.

GSP #2

Undefeated at MW. He woulda taken Izzy down with ease and would not have been impressed by his performance.

But would have tapped to strikes again if he faced Bobby Brawler. Hence his retirement

1 or 2, I have nothing against Silva being first. Everything else is just lying to yourself.

Somewhere between 3 and 10.

Some of the placement gets murky.

He's definitely a very exciting MW in the octagon, fo sho.

I am pretty sure Izzy lands at #2. He is a long way from Spider territory. But I am hard pressed to think of anyone else that has accomplished more at (unified) middleweight. Solid UFC reign that almost cleared out the division and started doing rematches.

Back