Where Does The Rock Stand In the Hall of Greats?

This is what I think about you, Rock!

6cd.jpg

Top 20. Depending on criteria could be top 5. Its his competitive longevity holding him back.

1st Tier guy

1st Tier: Cross over superstars

2nd Tier: Main event draws that don't quite reach tier 1.

3rd Tier: Guys who were great at multiple aspects but never really became "the guy," and didn't draw tons of fans solely on their name.

4th Tier: Regular guys

5th Tier: Jobbers

6th tier: The Young Bucks

. When he was still a pro wrestler, he played second fiddle to Austin for most of his run.

well, that’s not true, by mid 99 Rock was rivalling Austin in popularity and by 2000 he surpassed him.

2001 onwards when both were on the roster Rock was the man, ahead of Austin

Top 3, easily. Personally, I think he's tops. With Austin/Hogan, there's some wiggle room with Austin burning out so fast and not really branching out all that much, but The Rock did everything Hogan did, and more. In fairness though, without Hogan being the star he was, it might not ever happen for him.

Hogan walked so the Rock could run.

He's standing on top of all of them, on a stack of billions while he does double shots of his own brand of Tequila.

well, that’s not true, by mid 99 Rock was rivalling Austin in popularity and by 2000 he surpassed him.

2001 onwards when both were on the roster Rock was the man, ahead of Austin

The Rock only overtook Austin in 2000 because Austin went out for 9 months after the neck surgery in late 1999 and far into 2000.

The Rock only overtook Austin in 2000 because Austin went out for 9 months after the neck surgery in late 1999 and far into 2000.
Austin never got quite as white got ever again, still an almost blindingly bright star, but not the biggest in the galaxy anymore. I know people have multiple criteria that come into play deciding these debates, but me personally I gotta say the Rock at his height was the biggest "event" WWE ever brought to town.

How long was his undisputed run at the top? 1-2 years? Because Austin was injured and depressed.

This is some hindsight bullshit considering his position currently. He’s a much bigger star in movies than he ever was in wrestling where he’ll be a solid top twenty or maybe top ten if you want to fan boy. Fantastic top guy during an extremely short period.

Rock was overtaking him towards late 99, and when Austin returned in late 00 (after Rock broke all records and gave WWE their best most profitable year al of all time) Rock was still the bigger star

How long was his undisputed run at the top? 1-2 years? Because Austin was injured and depressed.

This is some hindsight bullshit considering his position currently. He’s a much bigger star in movies than he ever was in wrestling where he’ll be a solid top twenty or maybe top ten if you want to fan boy. Fantastic top guy during an extremely short period.
How long was Austin’s? 98 and half of 99?

Rock’s was mid 99 to 2002

Austin's a-pex in pro wrestling was bigger than Rock's and that's what matters, for however long Austin's a-pex lasted. Austin on top was in the mount rushmore of legends, IMO Rock did not reach that level.

Back