• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where is the coolest guy from your highschool now?

I always noticed that the "cool guys" in school fit into one of two categories.....they were either athletes or delinquents. Those guys got all the hottest girls.

The delinquents actually seemed to outpace the athletes most of the time. Smart guys barely registered.

I remember one girl from high school who was very pretty and an absolute sweetheart but she had a fetish for saving bad boys.

She'd date guys with an arrest record who had done time in juvenile detention centers, get them to turn their life around, get a steady job, start going to her church every week, volunteering at soup kitchens and shit.

And then she'd dump them about 12 months into the relationship and pick a new bad boy to save.

Mine is obviously posting on sherdog, benching teh 275 for cardio sets and trying to not to height shame sub 6'4 manlets because he has grown as a person.

seriously though did they follow the cliche trajectory of peaking in highschool only to become a beer belly burnout?
coolest? Probably meant biggest asshole?

Anyhow, saw a couple of them (a few years back) as there was no clear "coolest" guy and both are divorced, beer bellied and looking like they're 20yrs older than they actually are.

Didn't exist. Maybe a few of the football jocks? One guy at my high school made it to the NFL though. He was pretty popular, but a year younger then me. When my sister was a freshman at the same high school Bruno Mars was a senior at the time, but I'm guessing he was a nobody at the time.

I don't know who the coolest guy was..

Had a conversation with my mom a while back and we realized everyone i knew "made it" or died.. or both in some cases..

Congrats and rip..

Coolest guy in my highschool died in a car accident about 5 years after he graduated. He was with another guy (moron) from my town who crashed the car, there was no need for this idiot to speed back home from a bar down the street but he killed the coolest guy and another guy, the moron lived and doesn't show his face in town.

I think he might have done some time actually, got right into the party drug scene and moved a few pills I think. Was a good guy actually, just hung out with a few deadshits.

I was told drug abuse kicked his ass. Apparently lost his looks and has aged 20+ years. Works low wage gas station janitor type jobs and constantly asks the people he knows to borrow money. The person describing this to me had a look of disgust on their face the entire time. This guy and I had very little interaction in school due to scheduling. We went to a somewhat large school. I did fool around with his girlfriend senior year though!

I remember one girl from high school who was very pretty and an absolute sweetheart but she had a fetish for saving bad boys.

She'd date guys with an arrest record who had done time in juvenile detention centers, get them to turn their life around, get a steady job, start going to her church every week, volunteering at soup kitchens and shit.

And then she'd dump them about 12 months into the relationship and pick a new bad boy to save.

Not save, she got bored as they got domesticated and lost interest and respect for them jumping onto the next excitement dick.

200w.gif

What happened?

Not save, she got bored as they got domesticated and lost interest and respect for them jumping onto the next excitement dick.

No, saving them was very much part of her schtick. She had to clean them up and turn them good.

But she did get bored right after she finished, and immediately went to look for another wounded bird.

Don’t know because I don’t hang out with my high school friends now. We went our separate ways and just lost contact.

Married with kids and a normal good paying job. I feel like this is the far more likely scenario than the played out scene of the jock becoming a drunken loser and the geek he picked on being his boss.

He's doing alright for himself. He's an accountant and wound up marrying someone else from high school that became a principal in decent sized high school (not the same place we went). We still talk from time to time.

Odd thread btw.

Mine is obviously posting on sherdog, benching teh 275 for cardio sets and trying to not to height shame sub 6'4 manlets because he has grown as a person.

seriously though did they follow the cliche trajectory of peaking in highschool only to become a beer belly burnout?

Joke aside if not THE coolest guy of the HS (if there was one), was pretty much there... like we was like 5-6 all friends or mostly cool with each others, we were ever getting best looking girls and being invited to all parties and shit
Like would have girls introduce themselves, or when hitting new one they would say shit like that "they knew" who i was etc
Was never bully though, actually befriended nerds too because i loved videogames a lot

And yes HS was easily my life peak in terms of popularity, right after HS with no money for university i became just a shitjobs bum and everybody else moved to art academy (was art school HS) or university, while i was doing shit like security, warehouse, trucks unload or stupid gimmicks wich where more risk than reward

Thought i had 99 HS friends, in few months realized i had like 2 or 3 lol

Became big loser, depressed and uneployed for years with few weeks/months of legal or illegal stuff here and there but mostly unemployed and forced to live at home with parents (plus parents being kinda poor too, so half of money i made were for them, other half burnt in clubs and drinks)

Had big comeback many years after in my current company, i'm liked by most people, did stuff with some girls and on general have the cool guy creds, but reality is i've very low position in terms of power and pay, and without these you can be king of coffee break but you're very far from the company cool guy throne lol

I live in nice area, no problem of money, long relationship
Normal/good life, nowhere as good as HS status but waaaaaaay above my lowest lows

I found my old year book a few months back and started looking up what people got up to now we're in our mid 30s. I get OCD about this stuff and spent an evening looking up nearly everyone on Facebook and LinkedIn.

The star athlete who was basically a natural at every sport but also a bit of a bad boy getting in a lot of fights did a lot of modelling and these days is stil shredded, owns a gym and also a florist business with his wife.

One guy who was "cool" and pretty much every girl had a crush on spent years travelling the world as a diving instructor, surfing and banging 10s and now looks like he's settled down with a couple of kids.

Back