Where's the Trevor Whitman hate???????

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This the second time a fighter of his had an all time bad KO and this time gaethje looked levels under max striking.

Skill for skill I expected a mismatch but the power equation shoulda made a big difference. I don't know if JG showed his age for the first time but man he should consider switching camps and changing his game a bit on the time off.

BC PEOPLE ARE FOCUSED ON THE WRONG THINGS!

BO NICKAL AND WMMA MATCHES

WHAT ABOUT TREVORS GAME PLAN

my bad for the caps

I think everyone wrote what they needed. Gaethje is just inferior to Max and loses again vs Poirier. That kick was a one time thing versus a way better striker.

He looked levels under Max in striking because he is levels under Max in striking, it’s not Trevor Whittmans fault he just isn’t as good as you think.
Even if he doesn't have the range or combos max has he has

Elite leg kicks

Elite punch power

A head kick capable of scoring KO's

Broken nose eye pokes or not

He should have made Justin a berserker and not try to box with the mf

Stupid ass game plan from an overrated coach that had elite fall into his lap

A sherbro could make Usman and JG champs and title contender as their Head coach respectfully and I'm not trolling or doing the whole caught up in the moment thing.

This the second time a fighter of his had an all time bad KO and this time gaethje looked levels under max striking.

Skill for skill I expected a mismatch but the power equation shoulda made a big difference. I don't know if JG showed his age for the first time but man he should consider switching camps and changing his game a bit on the time off.
There's only so much you can do with a fighter I suppose. The Justin you see now is the final product imo, no need for Trevor to get any backlash. He didn't say or do anything crazy to put his fighter in jeopardy. Trevor isn't Pat, lol.

Last edited:
Max Holloway is a beast! And my favorite sub MW of all time! But that game plan was horrendous and potentially cost an all time action fighter the last of his prime.

He should have had Justin CRASHOUT from round one.

That heel to the nose was a bit of a fluke. I wouldn't call go so far as to call it lucky, but I wonder what the fight would have looked without it. It definitely left Justin compromised & I'm not sure you can blame Trevor for it.

Well and in a way, Justin is one of the most successful and known fighters. If anything, Trevor did ok.

There's only so much you can do with a fighter I suppose. The Justin you see now is the final product imo, no need for Trevor to get any backlash. He didn't say or do anything crazy to put his fighter in jeopardy.
We do not know if Justin is a final product... That's cope for his Trainer not adding many wrinkles to his game.

Even if he doesn't have the range or combos max has he has

Elite leg kicks

Elite punch power

A head kick capable of scoring KO's

Broken nose eye pokes or not

He should have made Justin a berserker and not try to box with the mf

Stupid ass game plan from an overrated coach that had elite fall into his lap

A sherbro could make Usman and JG champs and title contender as their Head coach respectfully and I'm not trolling or doing the whole caught up in the moment thing.
Whitman did wonders for Gaethje, has helped him clean up his striking and use his power much better and also become a much better defensive fighter over the years. As soon as Gaethje did what you wanted him to he got knocked out.

Max has one of the best chins in the history of the sport and is one of the best strikers in MMA, he was way underrated going into this fight.

That heel to the nose was a bit of a fluke. I wouldn't call go so far as to call it lucky, but I wonder what the fight would have looked without it. It definitely left Justin compromised & I'm not sure you can blame Trevor for it.

Not necessarily. Max said he and his team specifically planned to use that kick because Dustin ducks down so much. It would hit him at moments he wasn't prepared for. It almost happened again later in the fight.

We do not know if Justin is a final product... That's cope for his Trainer not adding many wrinkles to his game.
Meh, they do add small stuff I'm sure as much as they train every single day. He's 35, ain't too much more juice you squeezing out of that.

Last edited:
I’m usually a pretty big Whitman detractor as I think he’s massively overrated, but this one’s on Gaethje for going rogue and completely ignoring Whit all fight.

The BMF nonsense got into Gaethjes head and he fought like a bot. He did fine the first round chopping Max down until he ran face first into a kick which Whit had been telling him was Max only way of landing something big on him.

Back