Which fighter is the UFC pulling for the most on 300 ?

humdizzle

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Bo Nickal vs Brundage -- blatantly obvious.
Hill vs Pereira -- i think the UFC really wants Pereira to win due to PPV numbers and continuing the beef with adesanya. Hill doesn't have much marketability.
Charles vs Arman -- company probably wants to move Arman up and build a story line against Islam. He speaks english and is marketable.

I think they could care less with what happens between Zhang and Xiaonan. Both will cater to the chinese market.
Gaethje vs Holloway -- probably a win for the ufc either way. they want to keep max in the limelight and he likes to stay active. but gaethje also sells due to his style of fighting.

The UFC is pulling for the ones that seem more marketable/have bigger potential.

No shit.
there's still some matchups that he could of made happen that would of made more impact/money. he could of thrown a WW title fight in there too even if it would be dry between Leon and Belaal.

him finally boxing tito would do well too lmao

Kayla, Bo, & to a lesser extent Jiri & Kattar.

I don't think any of the other outcomes matter too much to them.

Not sure about Arman just because he speaks english. Charles is one of the most popular fighters and by far. You will see when they announce his name at the cage

Both Charles and Alex are very popular and can't speak english it's all because of how they fight. Sure speaking english helps but it's not necessary. This is not pro wrestling

Oh yeah i forgot about Kayla. Dana is going to be super pissed if his newly signed wmma star loses to 42 year old Holm.

Nothing would make me happier than Bo Nikal getting VIOLENTLY KO'D. like, "need to ban it from reply" level KO

Just as A fuck you to the UFC for putting that garbage on a ppv.

Bo, Chatles,Justin, Alex, Kayla, Kattar, Jiri. In order

Not sure Why the UFC would care about charles.

Not sure about Arman just because he speaks english. Charles is one of the most popular fighters and by far. You will see when they announce his name at the cage

Both Charles and Alex are very popular and can't speak english it's all because of how they fight. Sure speaking english helps but it's not necessary. This is not pro wrestling
How will we see when they announce his name?

Nickal obviously. His fight is an Apex prelim level fight yet he's on the main card. It's about promoting him to all the casuals who are watching for the other fights.

Weili, and Bo are high on that list. Yan is relatively unknown here in the Western Hemisphere, except for the hardcores in here. Casuals certainly don’t know anything about her. Even though she’s been in the UFC longer.

Weili has had at least 3 major Chinese commercials. Pepsi, Audi, and Estee Lauder. So, Weili’s more well known in China, too.

Some people seem to think no matter what, there will still be a Chinese champion. That’s true, but one of them is exponentially more well known worldwide, and it isn’t even close.

And putting Bo on the main card pretty much says it all. There are 6 ex-UFC champions fighting on the pre-lims. I guess there’s the “prestige” of being on the ppv portion of the card.

But more people would see him if he was on the free portion of the card.

But, whatever.

Weili, and Bo are high on that list. Yan is relatively unknown here in the Western Hemisphere, except for the hardcores in here. Casuals certainly don’t know anything about her. Even though she’s been in the UFC longer.

Weili has had at least 3 major Chinese commercials. Pepsi, Audi, and Estee Lauder. So, Weili’s more well known in China, too.

Some people seem to think no matter what, there will still be a Chinese champion. That’s true, but one of them is exponentially more well known worldwide, and it isn’t even close.

And putting Bo on the main card pretty much says it all. There are 6 ex-UFC champions fighting on the pre-lims. I guess there’s the “prestige” of being on the ppv portion of the card.

But more people would see him if he was on the free portion of the card.

But, whatever.
Yeah TS was silly to say both Chinese means equal. Zhang is a Star and they'd love her to build a legacy of dominance and even challenge for two belts once Flyweigh has a couple less contenders.

UFC has done Charles dirty more than once so I don't see them wanting him winning.

The rest don't seem to matter I suppose the UFC might have a fantasy that Alex scores a flawless victory ko and says he'll headline 301. Ank is available, or Jan or the jiri/rakic winner potentially.

In terms of Kayla Harrison they'll be hoping like fuck she makes 135 first of all

Bo and Kayla for sure , other than that I think they’ve done a good job positioning themselves that no matter who wins they can sell it going forward

Back