News White to Aspinall: Defend Interim Title or Sit on the Shelf. You Don't Get Jones.

Sure. He's only the interim champ who actually fought his way up the ladder and actually deserves it. How dare he demand a fight with the "champ" next.

I always love how they bitch about Tom's resume not being good enough while the two fighters with any name power in the division won't fight him.

Is he supposed to get Randy Couture out of retirement or something? Who are the other big names he could have had on his resume at this point?

That's half of the point. The other half is, it makes the HW belt worthless. This might as well be for a made up HOF belt.
Maybe but once both guys retire the best HW will emerge and take the vacated title anyway.

If Jones isn't going to fight Aspinall he should be stripped of the title. He doesn't need the title to have a legacy fight with a retired 42 year old who hasnt won a fight in 4 years.

I always love how they bitch about Tom's resume not being good enough while the two fighters with any name power in the division won't fight him.

Is he supposed to get Randy Couture out of retirement or something? Who are the other big names he could have had on his resume at this point?
Naw pretty sure Jones got dibs if Randy comes out of retirement.

Think Dana must've made some weird deal behind the scenes with Jon/stipe because only those 3 people care about the fight

Dana: "Guys look my hands are tied here. I mean, when you look at the Jones Stipe fight, you got Jones wants and Stipe wants it and the list goes on"

________

I agree. Someone must have some juicy blackmail info on Dana. Because NO ONE gives a shit about that fight and no one actually believes that is deserved or legitimate. Stipe has been out for 3 years and got knocked the fuck out his last fight
and I think each guy has about 1 win in the last 4 years.

It's a joke. It was a joke 2 years ago.
And it isn't gonna sell.
I don't think Jon or stipe have ever cracked 1mil ppv buys.
Jon for as long as he has been a household name has got a pretty weak PPV track record.

Jones is a joke. wasted his career getting wasted.

Stipe is awesome but past retirement age.

Dana loves Trump - Make Heavyweight great Again.

No one cares about old ass Stipe.
If Jones don't want to fight Aspinall, strip his title. Move on please.

Exactly. He's a new generation and the only fighters he can make a name off of won't fight. And it's actually closer to three duckers with Jon, Stipe, and Gane.

I would say the opposite. Beating Stipe at 42 and years past his title run mean very little as far as what you did at HW. It's like beating Fedor now, great win but don't act like you beat the "real" Fedor.

Beating Aspinall is beating the "new wave" of heavyweights. Aspinall has proven he is the todays heavyweights after KOing Pav. Jones cleared the LHW division and always talked about moving up to HW. Taking out Gane and Aspinall would be as close to clearing out HW as you could get in 2 fights.
But it doesn’t mean anything because nobody cares. Unless aspinall is doing these amazing numbers, which means he is in demand, it just doesn’t mean anything.

Ask yourself honestly, without knowing the future, if jones fought stipe or aspinall right now, which one would people even remember?

I get what you’re saying, but that’s only how you feel and see it, and not how the majority sees it

But it doesn’t mean anything because nobody cares. Unless aspinall is doing these amazing numbers, which means he is in demand, it just doesn’t mean anything.

Ask yourself honestly, without knowing the future, if jones fought stipe or aspinall right now, which one would people even remember?

I get what you’re saying, but that’s only how you feel and see it, and not how the majority sees it

It's not an Aspinall thing, its a HW thing. With a win, it means that Jones finally moved up and proved he is the best HW too. Aspinall represents the top of the mountain after the Pav fight. Jones beats him and retires and there is probably another 3 years or so where you can argue that Jones could still be on top.

The Stipe fight I would remembered the same as Chuck vs Wandy, a match everybody wanted to see years ago but just a little too late for it to mean much. Stipe was never a big PPV star to begin with, so he is not bringing in numbers either.

I get what you're saying but read some comments on social media or any mma forum and see what the "majority" are saying. The only people calling for the Stipe fight are Jones, Dana and Sms-productions lol. Not much of a majority.

Agreed. That's a bullshit excuse. Aspinall's name is every bit as big if not bigger than Jones's when the legend Shogun gave him a shot at the title.

Dana's bitch ass needs to understand nobody gives a crap to see Jones beat up on old man Stipe.

It's not an Aspinall thing, its a HW thing. With a win, it means that Jones finally moved up and proved he is the best HW too. Aspinall represents the top of the mountain after the Pav fight. Jones beats him and retires and there is probably another 3 years or so where you can argue that Jones could still be on top.

The Stipe fight I would remembered the same as Chuck vs Wandy, a match everybody wanted to see years ago but just a little too late for it to mean much. Stipe was never a big PPV star to begin with, so he is not bringing in numbers either.

I get what you're saying but read some comments on social media or any mma forum and see what the "majority" are saying. The only people calling for the Stipe fight are Jones, Dana and Sms-productions lol. Not much of a majority.
Yea we supposedly all wanted to see Mighty Mouse right? Well 125,000 only truly cared. It’s one of those things that sounds, and is better on paper, but won’t show it anywhere else

The UFC really is a shit promotion, no one gives a shit about stipe and "all he's done for the sport" and neither does Dana.

Yea we supposedly all wanted to see Mighty Mouse right? Well 125,000 only truly cared. It’s one of those things that sounds, and is better on paper, but won’t show it anywhere else
What... nobody wanted to see Mighty Mouse. Kinda sad but people didn't appreciate what we had at the time, myself included. When he was in the UFC the entire Flyweight division was seen as a talentless joke.

They traded him and were in serious talks to shut down the whole division.

I’m pretty sure if Aspinall knocked lowlife Jones the fuck out. It would be remembered for as long as people that saw it remained alive. And that is why Jones would NEVER accept that fight.

Back