News Whittaker's manager: Costa has vanished since verbal agreement for 299, now looking at UFC 300 vs Usman instead

Whittaker has been talking a lot about usman and I don't like it. I'd rather he just fight established middleweights on long streaks like Brendan allen or Caio Borralho. I'm guessing whittaker sees usman as a high profile opponent who he matches up well with.
As a fan of Usman, i hope he stays clear of Whittaker. It is indeed a bad matchup.

Yeah, I think rob sees it as a high profile rebound fight. It really doesn't do anything for me, though. I just want to see the division moving, and giving opportunities to guys like allen or caio is a better way to shake things up. I agree that those match ups are unlikely, though.

I'm just generally unhappy with a lot of the match making lately.
Why should it be his head on the chopping block? He paid his dues fighting Dricus. What are Cannonier or Vettori doing?

he could try to regain the belt. 185lb is a dangerous place for a guy who relied on his size advantage.
He's 36, had talked about retirement before and is 1-2 against the current champ. I think he knows his time is almost up and decided to forego the weight cut for his last couple of fights.

I like Costa precisely because of how much he screws U Fight Cheap around.

But any fighter that signs on to fight him is a genuine moron. How many times does he need to pull out or miss weight before you can recognize a pattern?

Why should it be his head on the chopping block? He paid his dues fighting Dricus. What are Cannonier or Vettori doing?

No idea. I wasn't thinking about them because this thread was about rob. Cannonier is riding two big wins, though, so I doubt he'll fight far back in the rankings. Vettori should be fighting guys like Allen and caio

Whittaker is awesome, but he's super unreliable and it'd feel like I was just waiting for him to pull out of his next bout

Lets see if this site can figure out how to host a jpeg
But in 2022 Costa was undefeated. He squeaked past Luke and then defeated an opponent that has taken many out including Anthony Smith, DW himself, Rogan and many others.

Costa 1 Balding 0
1702383154240.png

The fact Costa even has fans at this point is wild.

No one should sign up to fight this bum and he should be sent to the minor leagues where he belongs.

Just a disgustingly unprofessional person. Fuck Paula Costa.

I'm not a fan of Costa's antics but to call banter a "Verbal agreement" is kinda silly.
In case of an actual "Verbal agreement" with Costa's manager, how that would actulally affect Paulo?

Whittaker is awesome, but he's super unreliable and it'd feel like I was just waiting for him to pull out of his next bout
Unreliable? Are you confusing Rob with Costa or Khamzat?
Rob has had a few injuries that have pushed back fights. Costa and Khamzat miss weight last minute, pull out for no reason or take fights knowing they can't make it and force the commission or UFC to pull them. Rob is reliable as they come.

Back