Who can beat Islam at LW?

Not anyone in the Top 15, and certainly no one unranked as far as I can see.

The thought of Gamrot vs him was interesting until we saw him get almost completely nullified against Beneil. If Beneil can't beat him(He won't) No one is, and Volk is getting big brothered, let's be real.
You know what's up brather

I can see some of the other EE/post-soviet up & comers having some promise i.e - Damir, Guram, Arman, Gamrot. Too bad they've all been held back by shitty matchmaking, and aren't anywhere near the title picture

Nobody is going to outwrestle him at 155, so you need to be durable and crafty like Beneil or be lightning fast with a Thor’s hammer punch like Chandler. Those are the only 2 guys I think have a shot... a very small shot.

Maybe Usman Nurmagomedov? But they train together and Usman stays in Bellator to let Islam have is title reign.

Maybe Usman Nurmagomedov? But they train together and Usman stays in Bellator to let Islam have is title reign.

Usman is way better on his feet. I believe he will become Bellator LW Champion next month & UFC Champion in 2-3 years.

I wouldn’t like Fiziev’s odds, but I would like to see him get a shot at it. He probably needs another win or 2 first tho. His TDD held up nicely against RDA, albeit an old RDA.

I don't think anyone will be favored against him. Ones most likely to upset I think are guys who won't be intimidated by the idea of ending up underneath him. Which to me is Chandler, and Dariush stylistically. Chandler has supreme confidence in his ability to wrestle, and his ability to squeak out of submissions which he's very good at. And he has the kind of explosive strike delivery to clip Islam when he's not prepared for it also having confidence in his power. And dariush trusts in his own grappling and ability to scramble to let his strikes go also. I don't think anyone who is going to fight worried about the take down has much of any chance against him. So guys like Poirier, Gaethje, and Charles are always going to have a mental burden holding back their effectiveness against him because they know by either direct contact with Islam, or by having fought Khabib that they knew they can't handle poor positions against that school of fighter. After those 2 the sleeper third who i'd give a better chance than most is Arman Tsarukyan. Who also has big confience in his own abilities, and has felt islam before and performed well'ish against him.

I wanna see Michael Chandler in there against Islam. I think he has a solid skillset to compete.

What makes you think a gatekeeper like Chandler can beat a transcendent fighter like Islam?

right now? dariush, he handled gamrot's grappling really well, is durable and has good hands
for the future? arman and gamrot, both seem close to islam in both the grappling and standup, tsarukyan specially has a lot of time to develop

Back