Who currently is the most famous living person?

Who's your pick?

• Total voters
Good god, not statistics again. <3>

Concert tickets don't matter. I've listened to Elton John songs about a million times more often than Taylor Swift songs. So has literally everyone I know. None of us has ever attended an Elton John concert. Same goes for just about every artist I like. I've gone to 1 Jethro Tull concert in my life, and 1 Bob Dylan concert. And they were both bloody boring. So I never went to another concert. Oh, actually I watched Tool once. From a bridge half a kilometre away. For free*.
Album sales? Who fucking cares. I listen to music for free, as does everyone I know.
Streaming services? Who fucking cares. I listen to music for free, as does everyone I know.
I don't know how many times you nitwits in the anglosphere need to hear this straight from the horse's mouth before you get it: We don't care about Taylor Swift in the rest of the world. And increasingly, same goes for just about all other quote unquote culture you produce.

*And I went to Roskilde a couple of times. But that doesn't count, for reasons non-Europeans wouldn't understand.
I wouldn't mind the Taylor talk but they equate all that with "better" as in "better than Sinatra" "Better than the Beatles" etc.., Sure, that bugs me. She seems like a nice girl though, I feel no need to listen to more of her music than I've already heard.

At one time it was Muhammad Ali. Michael Jackson had to be at one point as well I'm guessing.
Those two certainly were. I remember when I was a kid there was the term that Ali had "the most recognizable face on earth". I'd say MJ eventually usurped him, they know about MJ in the remotest places on earth. Ali had a fit of competitiveness in the early 80's for some nutty reason, it was during the time that the news of his parkinson's came out (ironically), he bragged to a journalist about whether Michael could shake up the news like he did.

It's all so meaningless really, and fleeting. I talk to the young and they often do not even know who some of the famous people of the past were. I'll mention Howard Cosell and say he was once named, "The Most Hated Man In America" and now no one even talks about him. In 200 years who'll know how important any of the people in current and recent past history will be remembered?

To be honest I think it might be Mike Tyson. You can drop in some west African tribal village and people would know who he was.

To be honest I think it might be Mike Tyson. You can drop in some west African tribal village and people would know who he was.
really? I know in his prime he was huge. He could have been bigger but he ruined it all. He seemed to want to be infamous more than famous, which I kinda understand but it ruined what could have been a truly great career. He could not handle that fame, which, to be honest, no one really can.

really? I know in his prime he was huge. He could have been bigger but he ruined it all. He seemed to want to be infamous more than famous, which I kinda understand but it ruined what could have been a truly great career. He could not handle that fame, which, to be honest, no one really can.
There was a video when they did exactly what I described, and they all started doing the peekaboo style.. Could have been setup but who knows.

Ali was likely more known in his hayday, but I dont underestimate Iron Mike

There was a video when they did exactly what I described, and they all started doing the peekaboo style.. Could have been setup but who knows.

Ali was likely more known in his hayday, but I dont underestimate Iron Mike
doesn't surprise me but anytime news of our icons reaches people out in the hinterlands like that it's a bit surprising. there are people who do not know who MJ is. Of course in places like Japan or even places that have opened up in the last couple decades like china, they would be able to find out who these guys are.

It used to surprise me that mainland Chinese people wouldn't know much about Bruce Lee but from what I understand, his films were banned at some point, how long I don't know. Mao's people saw the threat of a Chinese superman, but I read recently that Mao loved Bruce's films himself and called him a hero.

Obama is still more famous internationally than Trump.

source-2.gif

Yeah and i got kicked out of bar last night because someoone was starting shit with me... not the other way around

backwards world we live in

So why was she the #2 most Googled foreign personality in Germany last year? #1 in Argentina? #2 in Mexico?
Because nobody knows who that is despite being crammed down necks

Google: who the fuck is Taylor Swyft and why should I care

Anyone who says anything other than Trump is just being delusional.

He's been the center of the biggest news story consistently every couple of weeks for the past 8 years.
Most of the world isn't fixated on our politicians and celebs as we are. American media's coverage of Trump doesn't mean much overseas.

I dont think too many people world wide give a rats ass about Trump tbh.

Id put money on Ronaldo being more famous than most any of those people in Europe for example.

Most of the world isn't fixated on our politicians and celebs as we are. American media's coverage of Trump doesn't mean much overseas.
LOL, you're so naive. The rest of the world isn't obsessed with Trump?

'Fake News!' Following Donald Trump, These Other World Leaders Have Blamed the Media for Troubles at Home

and...
and
and
and
and...
and...
I could go on for every country in the world.

Every political leader has copied and invoked the example trailblazed by Trump. Because, in fact, you're wrong, the rest of the world is obsessed with American leaders, particularly the President, and above them all Trump.

Syria, Turkey, The Philipinnes, Cambodia, Myanmar, Venezuela, Malaysia, Israel, Hungary, Russia, China, Australia, Austria, The Netherlands, Denmark...you can find a politician in every country that has invoked this term, and usually dozens.

Or how about our civil protests? Any topic of interest to us spearheads the world's next obsession. BLM?

Yes, the rest of the world is obsessed with America. ROFL, someone has to be like a baby to not realize this.

All those people are super famous. How in the world do you people quantify their level of fame before voting? Are you guys using Google analytics or something or are we just going to talk out our ass and pretend like it's the right answer

probably the Kelci bros
they spit roast some thot and now she's famous
they made her bum life

All those people are super famous. How in the world do you people quantify their level of fame before voting? Are you guys using Google analytics or something or are we just going to talk out our ass and pretend like it's the right answer

lol just based on pure observation I guess.

Back