Who had a flukier title win, Serra or Topuria?

imagine being this passionate about volk to make this thread and compare it to when GSP got annihilated by a midget

Zuck finishes you inside 2 rounds.
View attachment 1030749
Hey your funny bro. I been training martial arts since I was a kid,boxed a few years and was a bouncer till they made me bartender. But you keep on believing that k. Zuck is scum of the earth and used his power to help elect a criminal who is destroying the world. Even if he did best me Id cheat to hurt him real bad.

Hey your funny bro. I been training martial arts since I was a kid,boxed a few years and was a bouncer till they made me bartender. But you keep on believing that k. Zuck is scum of the earth and used his power to help elect a criminal who is destroying the world. Even if he did best me Id cheat to hurt him real bad.

Zuck been training martial arts since he was a baby, boxed for many years and was a bouncer till they made him the owner. Zuck has helped save Earth, and used his power to help elect a President that has given America the lowest unemployment and highest DOW Jones in the history of the world. He would choke you out, and you would shit yourself.

Pretty silly and transparent what you're trying to do here. Not a good look lmao.

Good morning Gents,

For just about 17 years now we've had an easy answer to the question: Who had the flukiest title win in UFC history?

The answer was Matt Serra vs GSP without question.

I believe hand sanitizer boy has just taken that title this past weekend from Serra and is now the flukiest champ after somehow defeating volk.

What do you guys think? is this now the biggest fluke title win of all time?

Discuss.
🤡

Topuria is undefeated.. Serra literally won a reality show to get his shot.

This is unquestionably still Serra.

Not necessarily. I think it's totally fair to call Nunes's win over Cyborg a fluke, given that Cyborg has no other losses since her first fight in 2005, and given that the knockout came from a windmilling brawl that either one of them could have come out on top from.
cyborg was the only one windmillilng. nunes was countering. cyborg was not her typical self that night. after seeing her during weight cuts she did not look right. that was not her typical gameplane. she walked right into what nunes wanted to do. it was no fulke. could cyborg win a rematch? absolutely. but the number 1 ranked fighter in the world beating the champion really isnt shocking at all. how does the second fight go down? is it a 5 rd point fight split decision, then no it wasnt a fluke. does cyborg go out and impose her gameplan properly and take a unanimous decsion. still wasnt a fluke. it never will be a fluke when a number 1 ranked fighter beats a champion. it happens all the time. you need a rematch to determine it and even then if cyborg did win via voiolent fashion, there would be a trilogy to settle it. im a fan of both nunes and cyborg. on paper nunes has way better competition than cyborg leading up to that fight. cyborg tried to do to nunes what she did to cans in invicta. you cant do that to nunes. her gameplan would be different for sure if they ever fought a second time.

serra being 24th in the world beating GSP is a fluke. prior to getting cast on the ultimate fighter he was coming off a loss. 2 fights before that loss he was ranked 109th in the world.
the ultimate fighter gave him that chance. no 24th ranked fighter im modern mma will ever get a title shot. that alone is a fluke in itself.

Serra no doubt. Prior to his fight with GSP, he was known only as a BJJ fighter, he never had any KO's or TKOs on his record. And he went out and KO'd GSP. No one gave Serra a chance or predicted he would win like that.

Topuria was known for having power and KO'ing his opponents. So it wasn't the biggest surprise when he KO'd Volk.

What a weird question to ask..
Your Av made me answer the TS's simple question - Serra.

<This7>
Senzo said: The two big title flukes in UFC history are Serra & Bisping.

Yo Senzo, you kick ass here, you sure your "post and like count" isn't reversed?

Last edited:
Different era's so it's tough to compare but Ilia is levels above Serra...

Silva vs Okami II is the flukiest. Okami's gameplan was sound. Awaiting for Silva to DQ himself again. Since is was proven hat Silva was a lifetime roider he sould've been, but pre-USADA commision "testing", (and the unwillingness of Silva to play ball and for example, byte Okami's ear) faliled Yushin.

A shame.

Last edited:
volkanovski-topuria.gif

lolwtf? This wasn't even overly surprising. Dude hits like a fucking truck and knocks everybody out. I was expecting him to win, albeit in a later round.

At the time Serra beat GSP, I considered it a fluke. Over time, I've reconsidered that position.

GSP came into the fight overconfident, and underprepared. Unlike his performance in the second fight, he showed no desire to actually take Serra down, and was content to trade with Serra.

Serra plain and simple outstruck him. Serra didn't win by landing just 1 lucky punch. Serra outlanded GSP in multiple exchanges, and GSP showed poor decision making in continuing to strike with him.

Is GSP the better fighter? Absolutely. But Serra didn't win because of luck. He won because he was better prepared that night, and fought the better fight.
You are correct, it wasn't like the Conor Aldo fight.

Nice gif. I think the real mark on whether this was a fluke is how they do in a rematch. GSP owned Serra in the rematch, which is why people say it was a fluke. If it was an even rematch, people might not make that claim. Such as what happened with Cain and JDS.

Back