Who is a greater/better fighter: Khabib or Volkanovski

As much as I don’t care much for either, I gotta say Khabib.

I blame this thread on Khabib's mom...
all-your-fault-accusing.gif

the cope is hilarious "on the decline Aldo" - Aldo was two years younger when he fought Volk, than when Volk just fought Islam.

if only there is or was a whole bunch of narrative and debate about Islam and Khabibs fight IQ... like there is currently about Volks.. how his peers, analysts etc are saying hes the best in the game. If only there was or is that about Islam / Khabib.....

Then you might have a point, instead its another wack opinion in this echo chamber of stupidity called sherdog.
How long was Aldo fighting at the top when he encountered Volkanovaki?? pls remind us dumb sherdoggers , does fight age count?? wear and tear means nothing ? When Aldo fought Volkanovski he had accumulated a lot of mileage on the body, you must be the dumb one not to recognise that at that precise moment in time Aldo was already on the downslide of his pro career, and regarding what peer had to say about Volkanovski's fight IQ that's just what he (Volk) put out himself , i really don't give two fuxx about what peers says , because most of the time they are partial or maybe they are past adversaries that have everything to gain from praising the guy that beat them, "he's the best in the game" pls he fought only Max Holloway,arguably losing one of the encounters, he was in trouble couple of times in the Ortega fight and by sheer luck he wasn't finished, he fought Zombie hardly at the peak of his career, Yair is an incomplete fighter. Where was this supposed superior fight IQ in the Makhachev fight?? why didn't he showcase his incredible fight IQ then?

Volk is p4p the better fighter, though I would take prime Khabib to beat him in an actual fight because of the size advantage.

Volk is greater. He has the better resume.

Khabib, the better fighter. Both one-on-one and vs their own weight classes

Next you'll try and tell me Anderson, GSP, Fedor, Mighty Mouse, Aldo, Nunes, Joanna, Val, etc. can't be GOATs because they have more losses than Khabib.
There is a argument there. Khabib not only never lost a fight but arguably may have never lost a round. If that doesn’t put you in the conversation then nothing will.

Different weight division shertard

Khabib never even entertained going up in weight... he'd lose the size adv which is crucial for his grappling style

Volk happy to go up in weight

Theres levels.
Volk came up to LW and lost to Khabib-Lite. They both weighed 155 at the time and he lost any way. If he came in the ring at 145 and actually gave away 10 pounds I would agree with you but he didn’t.

There is a argument there. Khabib not only never lost a fight but arguably may have never lost a round. If that doesn’t put you in the conversation then nothing will.

There’s not an argument. Accomplishments are always the highest metric, not what ifs.

Those fighters all achieved much more than Khabib. They’re definitely higher than him.

If Volk and Khabib were the same size (meaning Volk could also just barely make LW like Khabib), Volk wins imo.

Khabib has trouble getting Volk down and loses the striking on the feet.

He lost 2-3 rounds against Tibau, the only strong MMA wrestler he fought in 29 fights

Volk.

Khabib is going to get passed by a lot of soon enough, just for the fact that he retired early.

I'll say Khabib. He fought better competition. Volk has had a mixed championship run IMO. Beating Max like he did in that third fight was beyond impressive but his other defenses, not so much. KZ, Ortega and Rodriguez aren't elite IMO. If you took someone with their skill sets they wouldn't be top 5 in other divisions. They would get stomped out at BW, LW, WW and even MW.

There’s not an argument. Accomplishments are always the highest metric, not what ifs.

Those fighters all achieved much more than Khabib. They’re definitely higher than him.
They had more losses than him too. Losses are what’s remembered most unfortunately. Hey, I was a huge Rhonda and Double J fan, both were champs, both undefeated but if I mention either name you only think about their KO loss, none of their wins and you know it’s true. Fedor, Anderson, GSP, all great but the first fight that comes to mind is the loss. The first thing that comes to your mind about Khabib is 0 losses and that he never fought Bobby Green.

Back