Who presented themself better in their confrontation? Izzy or DDP?

That's exactly what happened, but Israel is a complete dumbshit, and fucked it up getting drunk and acting too crazy.
He didn't fuck anything up, everyones still talking about it.

It's classic Whitey vs Blacky sells pitch and most mouth breathers have eaten it up.

I’m not a big Izzy fan, but how can you deny that it was brilliant fight-selling? Everybody is discussing this over Volk’s win, the intense FLW title match and the Great Hope Bo Nickal. It’s doing big numbers on social media.

I haven’t seen so many fans upset about something MMA-related in a long time.

What’s the argument that this wasn’t a success?

I just looked up DDP's original quote and here it is:

“Did those belts ever go to Africa?” Du Plessis asked at UFC 285 media day. “As far as I know, they came to America and New Zealand. I’m going to take a belt to Africa. I’m the African fighting in the UFC. Myself and Cameron [Saaiman], we breathe African air. We wake up in Africa every day. We train in Africa, we’re Africa born, we’re Africa raised, we still reside in Africa, we train out of Africa. That’s an African champion, and that’s who I’ll be.”

It's a troll-y remark, but he has a point.

Who is more British, Mo Farah or Colby Covington? Pretty similar as neither were born in the UK, but Mo Farah lives and represents there. There is just a bit of a double standard applied to it. Imagine Colby Covington bringing up 23andme to tell Mo Farah that he's British and Farah isn't.

With regard to the stare down last night, I thought DDP came off as good as possible and Izzy made himself look bad.

Agree with everything except the part about 23 and me. Adesanya said "36 and me," then corrected himself and doubled down on "26 and me." That means he has 52 (possibly 72) chromosomes and isn't even human. Next level gangster shit right there.

Last edited:
Everyone can't stop talking about it so I guess we should thank Izzy for bringing the drama, tension, and intrigue to a championship fight. As an African brother, he could have laughed off DDP's comments but instead he chose violence. I like it.

Last edited:
Izzy alpha dogged DDP and made him retreat, it was pretty obvious

DDP. His behavior is normal. Izzy's behavior, during this face off, and in general, is abnormal. There's something wrong with his brain/mind.

I've done a bit of work with some South Africans of a very creamy complexion, and I can tell you first hand that they were indeed intolerable, deplorable racist people.
you do realise this statement is textbook racist? You've met a very small group of racially similar people and formed an opinion (negative, in this instance) which you've extrapolated to the rest of the population.

Do you understand you are blinded by your own stupidity ?

I think it's all for show to sell the fight. When it's all said and done, they'll be hugging and laughing about how much they both made.
Exactly. Izzy dropped all the N-bombs to sell controversy, you can watch him behind the scenes and doesn't really talk like that.

DDP. His behavior is normal. Izzy's behavior, during this face off, and in general, is abnormal. There's something wrong with his brain/mind.

He's abnormally immature for a man in his mid-thirties. A total manchild; he wants to present himself as a anime character or something, and it comes across as absolutely ridiculous. Everything he says is a cringefest.

Clearly the guy shouting racist epithets regarding genealogy for no rhyme or reason came off better than him /sarc

Hopefully DDP eats his scrawny ass. He is a monster MW that still manages to have a high motor, as well as an iron chin. I could def see him eating Izzy.

I really don’t mind in cage staredowns to help promote the next fight and to get hyped but Izzy acted like a jackass as usual , the goat in cage confrontation will always be rampage vs rashad

You guys do realise the UFC set this whole face offf up $$$
Dana said Izzy wanted it and promised him it wouldn’t get out of hand. Whether you believe that or not, if the ufc set this up because it’s a money maker why wouldn’t they do it after every fight?

The fact there is a thread on this is going exactly as planned. Also be on the lookout to the same conversation in the promo for this fight with the N word beeped out.

Back