Who should Justin Gaethje fight?

Who should Justin Gaethje Fight?

• Total voters
I would like him to get an acclimation fight of someone outside top ten, like dunham
Yea that's why I put Dariush in the poll, and voted for that. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight a top guy, but seeing him fight a fringe 10 makes sense too. Dariush is really good, and was outclassing Barboza right up until that crazy knockout. I'd love to see him vs. Dariush, I think that fight has fireworks/just bleed written all over it.

Any fight would be fun. My choice is Ferguson for the interim title. Sell it as as Ufc vs WSOF title fight. Which can hopefully garner more hype for a potential unification bout upon Mcgregor's return.

Yea that's why I put Dariush in the poll, and voted for that. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight a top guy, but seeing him fight a fringe 10 makes sense too. Dariush is really good, and was outclassing Barboza right up until that crazy knockout. I'd love to see him vs. Dariush, I think that fight has fireworks/just bleed written all over it.
I'd watch the Dunham fight too
Good gatekeeper

I will watch him fight anyone. Let's do it.

I'd watch the Dunham fight too
Good gatekeeper
Good fight rankings wise, but if they aren't gonna give Gaethje a top guy, they should at least give him a stand and bang guy for his first UFC fight. Dunham is all about the decisions nowadays, and it would kinda suck to see Gaethje out pointed by a #15 type guy in his first fight.

I believe the rumor has been checked from several credible sources if I remember correctly, so it's looking likely. Seems like the perfect fight, if Gaethje performs well he's only 1 or 2 wins max from a title shot. Johnson has the skills to let us know exactly how good Gaethje is, without it being too much too soon for Gaethje. The fight makes sense for both Gaethje and Johnson's careers while it really doesn't for Barboza, Ferguson or Khabib.

Just my 2cents. Listened to Gaethje on the MMA hour, he's extremely honest and genuine....You don't get that very often in the sports world, especially not combat sports.

yup, he is a really humble guy
very likeable character

I too am a fan of Barboza fight. That would be a good one

Raging Al

Yeah, I would actually not mind at all if Gaethje debuted vs a guy like Al I'Aquinta or Kevin Lee, but I think Gaethje wants someone a bit more bona fide and the fact that someone like Michael Johnson has wins over Tony Ferguson and Edson Barboza is what legitimizes the matchup rather than objectively looking at Al or Lee and saying "but they're as good as Johnson!" which I agree, they arguably are but that's not the point.

This reminds me, someone good needs to step up and fight Mairbek Taisumov though, fucking hell. Mairbeks 25-5, 5-1 in the UFC 4 of which by knockout, 28 years old. They sent Anthony Pettis the contract and he turned the fight down for Jim Miller instead. This guy hasn't even been injured, the UFC just hasn't been interested in getting him fights. I'd love to see a guy like Mairbek fight Gaethje, or even Al or Kevin Lee.

I didn't vote for dariush cause I like him and Justin and ideally I'd like them to both win their next fights haha

Luckily the LW division is so deep that almost any matchup will be a good one. I agree with your matchmaking assessment of WME, but they'd have to put him against a nobody to fuck this one up.

I'll get back to you when Gaethje is booked vs Prazeres ;).

Split Decision against Melvin Guillard?
Last win against a guy 19-8 coming off getting stopped inside a round.
Why do I care about this guy?

Split Decision against Melvin Guillard?
Last win against a guy 19-8 coming off getting stopped inside a round.
Why do I care about this guy?
He's fun. Probably won't be a champ or anything, but he could keep some top guys honest. He's tough and has skills, and is ready to go to war. If he ends up being a gatekeeper, so be it, he'll be a fun ass gatekeeper to watch.

Back