Who would win in a fight Usman vs prime GSP?

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When we compare these two we always talk about their resumes and which is better. But lets do an eye test. Who do you think would win in an actual fight between Usman and prime GSP?

Prime GSP, prime Johny, prime Robbie and prime Rory all beat Usman. Probably Carlos too even tho his TDD was absolute trash he was a menace off his back with elbows and submissions and extremely hard to control, terrific scrambler too even hit the switch on GSP, with the GOAT WW chin and a demon in 5 rounds with that, his cardio and volume from all limbs. Too early to tell for Khamzat and Shavkat but I think they beat Usman too.

Usman is too big and strong for jab+double leg that worked on lesser WWs. GSP was retired by Hendricks and picked a one eyed Bisping to come back against for a reason. Even he knew what his fanboys can’t accept.

GSP would be too fast for him. Would look like the Fitch fight.

GSP because the wrestling cancels out and he’s a more diverse striker. With Usada though I don’t think Hendricks beats him though he’d be the only other fighter with a chance.

gsp ragdolls him just like he did to every other “great” wrestler

Prime GSP, prime Johny, prime Robbie and prime Rory all beat Usman. Probably Carlos too even tho his TDD was absolute trash he was a menace off his back with elbows and submissions and extremely hard to control, terrific scrambler too even hit the switch on GSP, with the GOAT WW chin and a demon in 5 rounds with that, his cardio and volume from all limbs. Too early to tell for Khamzat and Shavkat but I think they beat Usman too.
Prime GSP ok...Prime Hendrics ok maybe, but the rest....good lord that's bad.

I'm going with GSP by decision, but fuck me do some of you GSP fanboys have awful takes

It sounds like you guys are projecting so hard, Usman is killing all those guys you listed except GSP and prime pre-USADA Hendricks

Robbie would be interesting, but I still have Usman winning a clear decision

Prime Rory is a myth. Robbie would have nothing for prime usman. Condit? The man unable to defend a takedown to save his life? Lol come on dorks

Usman doesn't have the best ground game. he has no offensive submission skills from what i've seen. I dont think he does much to condit on the ground at all.

anyways on the topic of usman vs gsp, Usman's striking is so damn basic I'm certain GSP would snipe the cartilage off his ears and nose before round 3 was over. The two colby fights are my evidence of this.

When we compare these two we always talk about their resumes and which is better. But lets do an eye test. Who do you think would win in an actual fight between Usman and prime GSP?

Usman is still unconscious. Not fair. Would hope for a double KO given how boring both are. At gunpoint I would pick GSP. They both play it safe too much.

Back