Who would you rather see fight Pereira next, Ankalaev or Aspinall?

"His terms" Lol you guys really need to take a look at the PPV schedule, where do you think they are going to fight? England, Australia? Abu Dhabi is one of the only possible locations they are likely to have this fight right now. This fight isn't going to be a co-main in some random place.

301 - Pantoja vs Erceg
302 - Makhachev vs Poirier
303 - McGregor vs Chandler
304 - Likely Aspinall vs Blaydes 2 in the UK
305 - Likely DDP vs Adesanya in Australia
306 - UFC Noche card in Las Vegas
307 - Not announced where yet
308 - Abu Dhabi
Alex responded to Ankalaev's Abu Dhabi callout. He said he doesn't like the date. Alex is saying he wants to fight ASAP and he's also said he wants to fight a heavyweight. Who knows who his next opponent will be. Ankalaev might fuck around and miss his shot if he isn't ready to go. It makes sense too since he didn't really take any damage against Hill and he's getting old and wants to get paid.

Then think about it, is UFC going to go with what Alex wants to do or what Ankalaev wants to do? Why would UFC put one of their newest biggest stars against Ankalaev in enemy territory?

“I don’t want to fight at the end of the year.” Pereira told Guilherme Cruz of MMAFighting. “I want to fight sooner, so maybe that shows he won’t be ready. I don’t know why he said that.”

It is likely that ‘Poatan’s’ next title defense will come against Magomed Ankalaev with him being the only option that currently makes sense, however, Pereira isn’t a fan of how ‘complicated’ the 31-year-old is.

“This guy is complicated. Honestly, I have to see what’s best. I’m here to fight but I don’t understand best about other things like where is best (to fight) and where isn’t. If I have to fight there, I will, but if it’s not a date I want then it’s not best for me, I can say no.” Pereira added.

Last edited:
He better be lol I know everyone wants to prove they can stand and trade, but Ankalaev's ground game is too good to just wing punches with Pereira.
For sure, lol. I think his KO over Walker gave him a lot of confidence to try and stand & bang. Hopefully it's in Brazil

Last edited:
Would be a mad fumble for the UFC to take one of their most exciting fighters and force him to fight on a boring and no charisma havin' contender's terms.
Hopefully that's the next fight but in a country with an actual commission and not a desert.

Ank murders Alex, he rightfully deserves the next shot.

I like Pereira just as much as the next guy but it seems a lot of people want to keep him away from Ankalaev because they think he’ll lose. Alex has passed basically every test he’s been given in MMA, so I don’t think him losing to Magomed is a sure thing.

It makes the most sense and it’s the most interesting fight in the division right now. There’s no reason not to make that fight.

Aspinall is fast af for a HW, hits hard and usually comes out like a bull in a china shop. He'll be throwing everything and backing it up with powerful takedowns. I'm not sure Alex gets out of the first round but if he does then who knows. If I was Alex, that's the fight I would push for. All the pressure is on Aspinall.

Ankalaev is a strange matchup, he has very good wrestling but likes to keep it standing which plays into the hands of Alex. If Ankalaev comes in with a grappling heavy gameplan I think he beats Alex but he's such a headcase so not sure what he does.

I think Ankalaev deserves it most. The idea of him going to HW is exciting, but I'd like to see him clear out the division at 205 before moving up.
The dude never loses pretty much so he def deserves it. It's a shame if we dont get this high level fight

Ank so, win or lose, he can shut people up.

Everyone knows he has a gaping hole in his game that he is surely working on.

Maybe he can channel his inner cro cop and learn to sprawl like a mad man.

Doesn’t Ank train with Strickland?

Sean said he’s fun to spar/bang against in the gym

Only tells me Ank will stand too long and get flat-lined against Alex

Back