Who's the best boxer currently in the UFC? (First Semi-Finals)

Who's the best boxer currently in the UFC? (First Semi-Finals)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Continuation to this thread.

Second Semi-Finals is up now.

We got these 3 matched together.

max-holloway-ufc-takedown.jpg

if-petr-yan-were-to-come-back-who-would-you-have-him-face-v0-i559w6wb8bkb1.jpg

collage-maker-06-aug-2023-08-49-am-9849.jpg

Please vote, thank you.

@RemyR @FEDORFAN44 @Hog-train @Travis Alexander @20sack @Momentosis @Benoitthegr8 @B ville Famous @Bobby Boulders @Skarsgard @Spath @GearSolidMetal @basedgodfedor
@Roop Holstry @wwkirk @Harlekin @Fight Professor @meast @Wetarmpits @qw3rty @omawho402 @El Fernas @Norcim @KarateYeah @Diet Butcher @Boevik @Reileyb @ExxA @Morax
@ROBOCOP @Trill850 @Stalkingsquid @Wagner Azevedo @Paolo Delutis @Qays Stetkevich @Chael_Sonnen @Derbemag @HatKick @Marko Polo @KOPPE @swimba @DoubleTrouble
@PEDRO IVO RUSSO MIRANDA @Pablo Escomar @StonedLemur @MuffinsAppletree @doggo @PaddyO'malley @Mattuhey @BigOlJeet @Reptile_Bong_Hit @evhemer @ipowerslapmywife
@JKS @airic_15 @BOTTICELLI @ILLogic @Tank_Kam @looq @Tweak896 @Brother Numsi @Popnfresh @drbolony @EJRMAN513 @BJJ4Tone @acm67 @Yankee @ALLVALLEYCHAMP
@Vladimir Putin @jspn @SG123 @Pascal Bergeron @Bleach. @ILove4MinutesHyuna @davidlemonparty @Bowel-forged Stool @Luthien @Serge421 @Jap ple @Doughie99 @DjolexMTL
@Dana's Moonface @Qays Stetkevich @Rogan789 @Cuttyrock @Larzon @Koala @Siver! @Vigfree @MuffinsAppletree @flektarn @Kompromat @BigOlJeet @LindyBrah @Crasheer @Scafatl
@Igot99problems @that Indian @Rum that Chimay-Leffe @LionsDen24 @Dick @ILLogic @looq @Iroh @Hotora86 @d2s @OldBoy91 @RainyMonday @sonhow @Stick upkid @Brayan Goveia
@Krixes @Liverkick-king56 @Eternalwarriorking @rokguksu @GolovKing @Vigfree @Follow99 @TCE @thenatural43 @swarrrm @BlankaPresident @Jarilo @CallMeCasual @Domitian @aogiri
@chiefwiggum @mbffm @Goutfather @TJ Dillashank @andgonsil @WAGNER CARRETTA CAZOTTO @caligari209 @timmytimmy @Truk @kingmob6 @Xoleth @Shay Brennan @OLD RED

Last edited:
I feel like Dustin sits down on his shots the best while maintaining movement and his cardio. All of them have great technique (for MMA) and are great in their own way, but he stands out to me.
Yan blends his wrestling the best, Max has the best output, but Dustin seems to be the cleanest striker.

Dustin tuned up Max, Conor, Gaethje, and Eddie Alvarez standing. Overall I think that edges out Max. The one knock on him is that we've seen him KOd badly by Conor and Gaethje.

Yan is very good, but also wildly over rated by many fans because some people think being Russian is a superpower.

This is very difficult because my vote is a cross between 1) who uses boxing most effectively in MMA (currently); and 2) how do they match-up head-to-head (if applicable).

For me, it’s not: 1) who’d win in a boxing match; 2) who has the most boxing skills; or 3) who was best in their prime (it’s current).

Despite getting KO’d by Justin recently, I haven’t seen Dustin outboxed in the octagon in a while. Even if we consider Holloway/DP as a wash (due to the size and Holloway coming on strong later), the Volk performance really stings.

Even if you think Yan beat O’Malley, O’Malley’s hands have looked better of late.

Of those three, I have to go w/ DP.

Just for fun, the best all-time MMA boxer IMO is either prime Anderson or prime McGregor.

Last edited:
I have voted! i voted for the man that has the D. <{1-15}>

Dustin tuned up Max, Conor, Gaethje, and Eddie Alvarez standing. Overall I think that edges out Max. The one knock on him is that we've seen him KOd badly by Conor and Gaethje.

Yan is very good, but also wildly over rated by many fans because some people think being Russian is a superpower.
It's hard for me to hold his KO losses against him. He looked great in them until a small mistake took him out.
The Michael Johnson that finished him could have won the belt on the right night, but he's a completely different discussion.
The first Conor fight was much closer than memory would have you believe. He was lighting Conor up a bit, but Conor made adjustments on the fly and tagged him behind the ear.
He looked great against Gaethje as well. That was just one of those fights that was going to end violently, it just came down to who first.

I think it's a fairer criticism is his performance against Hooker. He was a little too hittable.

Honestly I can't give Dustin a vote, because his boxing wasn't enough for new-Conor. He really had to mix it up with him. Max might have been the better boxer than Dustin, but the shots made Dustin seem like Ngannou at LW for how it affected Max. Going with Yan because I haven't seen anyone really outbox him besides O'Malley, but Yan's gameplan was more wrestling because of his obvious advantage there. Honestly think there were better boxers in the UFC in previous generations and now guys are more diverse in skillset.

Poirier and Holloway have great hands, what i think sets them apart its Holloway tendencies to block with his face, i love him but he takes a lot of punches too, picked Poirier.

I didn't vote any of these 3 as the top3 boxers so I am bowing out of this poll at this point

Yan has probably the most power out of the three, relative to his division of course.
He knocked down Sandhagen, who has a granite chin and was never knocked down before

Petr also has the best counters of the three. His counters are nasty, rewatch the O'Malley fight.
And based on ufc stats, he is also the more accurate striker and has the best defense.
He lacks in reach though and footwork.

Holloway has the best chin out of the three, best body shots and volume but lacks in power, reach and defense.
Poirier has the best finishing abilities, hook combos and shot selection and decent reach but lacks a bit in gas tank and chin.

voted for Dustin.

Back