Why are there 3 fights on UFC 299 prelims better than many Fight Night main events?

j18lee

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The top fight on the UFC 299 Prelims would be one of the better/best Fight Night main events these days. Gamrot vs. RDA also would be pretty good. For WMMA, Chookagian vs. Barber would be better main event than many we had like Eye vs. Calvillo, Norma Dumont vs. Aspen Ladd, Rodriguez vs. Waterson.

1706984765713.png

Instead, we're getting Fight Night main events like Dolidze vs. Imavov, Hermansson vs. Pyfer, Tuivasa vs. Tybura.

What's the deal with that? 1) I thought UFC doesn't really care about PPV buys anymore because of their guaranteed deal with ESPN and 2) I don't think having 3 good prelim fights translates to PPV buys, maybe just the one prelim headliner.

Kyler is such a stupid name. How could you have a kid and look at him and be like “let’s call him Kyler! It’s a hybrid of Kyle and Tyler!” which are also goofy fuckin names. What a stupid world we’re living in

heard the opening prelim of 300 will blow our minds

<{ByeHomer}>

“Ha Ha! The UFC is, in fact, NOT dying. So let me bathe in the light of their success as they feed me another shit sandwich and I gladly eat it!”

…Half of sherdog

1706988151452.png

Fight nights are for schulbs that don't move the sales needle. Nobody shows up to buy tickets, it keeps you interested until the next PPV.

Fans have been saying for months they rather have one super stacked card a month than a bunch of okay cards spread out.

Well UFC listened. They are stacking PPVs and as a result weekly fight nights suffer

After Katt outed your boy Chris as Hollywood's brokeback slave you still rolling w/ this AV?

I was 50/50 that you'd make a new account all together.

Damn son. Just. Damn. Shit's all been downhill since you came up short in voting. Sometimes it beez like that :(

#UFC #OnTopic #299PrelimvsFightNightME

The top fight on the UFC 299 Prelims would be one of the better/best Fight Night main events these days. Gamrot vs. RDA also would be pretty good. For WMMA, Chookagian vs. Barber would be better main event than many we had like Eye vs. Calvillo, Norma Dumont vs. Aspen Ladd, Rodriguez vs. Waterson.

View attachment 1027602

Instead, we're getting Fight Night main events like Dolidze vs. Imavov, Hermansson vs. Pyfer, Tuivasa vs. Tybura.

What's the deal with that? 1) I thought UFC doesn't really care about PPV buys anymore because of their guaranteed deal with ESPN and 2) I don't think having 3 good prelim fights translates to PPV buys, maybe just the one prelim headliner.
I'm considered a wmma lover here and I don't want to see five rounds of chook ever again. So good on you for suggesting that's a main event.

Anyways most FN are filler ppv are events with live audiences obviously fighters perfer this.

Kyler is such a stupid name. How could you have a kid and look at him and be like “let’s call him Kyler! It’s a hybrid of Kyle and Tyler!” which are also goofy fuckin names. What a stupid world we’re living in
Your pretty stupid to even think that

Fight night are free no matter what, PPV prelims specially the feature prelim are usually good so they try to get you to buy.

Fans have been saying for months they rather have one super stacked card a month than a bunch of okay cards spread out.

Well UFC listened. They are stacking PPVs and as a result weekly fight nights suffer

This could explain it, but I didn't know this was the case/reason. I personally would rather have a main event that is more of a big matchup for FNs instead of stacked prelims for a numbered event. I'm going to watch them all anyhow, but for example, this weekend, the main event doesn't hold much more interest than any other fight on the card.

Back