Why are there 3 fights on UFC 299 prelims better than many Fight Night main events?

Fight night are free no matter what, PPV prelims specially the feature prelim are usually good so they try to get you to buy.

UFC supposedly gets a good base payout from ESPN regardless of PPV sales, it takes extremely good numbers to hit certain escalator clauses from what I hear. But I get having the "main event" of the PPV prelim be great, but why bother with the other prelim bouts?

I'm considered a wmma lover here and I don't want to see five rounds of chook ever again. So good on you for suggesting that's a main event.

Anyways most FN are filler ppv are events with live audiences obviously fighters perfer this.
Yeah, that Chookagian vs. Barber fight is definitely not anything to be that excited about, but I was just comparing to complete garbage WMMA main events like Eye vs. Calvillo, Norma Dumont vs. Aspen Ladd, Rodriguez vs. Waterson.

heard the opening prelim of 300 will blow our minds

<{ByeHomer}>

Was this from a reliable source that hasn't been seen on video hitting their female spouse ... with absolutely no consequences of that illegal action?

Yeah, that Chookagian vs. Barber fight is definitely not anything to be that excited about, but I was just comparing to complete garbage WMMA main events like Eye vs. Calvillo, Norma Dumont vs. Aspen Ladd, Rodriguez vs. Waterson.
But I think you couldn't be more wrong. Ladd and Rodriguez delivered more exciting fights than not. Michele is a rare draw for wmma. Men tolerate Norma fights because she's got a great ass.
Even eye vs Calvillo was a last minute scramble WHEN Eye was the #2 ranked contender and Calvillo actually delivered the best fight of her career.

Blaydes vs Almeida and RDA vs Gamrot... I don't see the 3rd main event worthy fight

It's like they're not even trying anymore. Remember when a UFN card had AT LEAST one decent fight? Yesterday's card only had terrible fights. How can Yourdong be on the main card of 299 and not Blaydes? 299 looks pretty great even if a boring BW fight is on the main card, but I'd even prefer having Barber in the main card than some boring BW guys.

They stack the events like this now. It’s a business model the UFC is going with and you know these guys are discussing the mentality of fans or whatever and how to drive up engagement. I think it’s a symptom of the UFC’s monopoly on mma where they can make shittier cards loaded with wmma as a flex

“Let’s put a load of shitty cards so they get hyped for the one legit one we put on every 6 months”

That kind of thing. It’s because Dana is stupid and thinks everyone else is stupid too.

Basically the Apex cards are what Striekforce challengers or UFC on Fuel or FX used to be. You'll notice fight nights with crowds generally still have strong main events.

Back