Why did they decide on "Poirier V McGregor" rather than "McGregor v Poirier"?

StormGymLuton

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been bought up already but I missed it...

Conor walking out first. Name second on the event?

I assume because Dustin is ranked higher, but when has that ever stopped McGregor being the main event? Guess it doesn't really matter but quite shocked by this. Mostly that Conor was ok with this...

Sorry if this has been bought up already but I missed it...

Conor walking out first. Name second on the event?

I assume because Dustin is ranked higher, but when has that ever stopped McGregor being the main event? Guess it doesn't really matter but quite shocked by this. Mostly that Conor was ok with this...

As you said, it's because Poirier is ranked higher than Conor. It's as simple as that.

Whoever is ranked higher. Conor is no exception to that rule.

UFC-229-WEB.jpg

027825_202_TMobile_Arena_Generic_600x600-0ea616cb88.0.jpg

/Thread

Yeh Conor walked out first at the weigh ins, press conference and obviously will at the fight too. That's my point...
Yes that's exactly my point.
The BLUE corner does everything first. The RED corner goes first on the poster.

You wouldn't have "Roxanne Modaferri vs Valentina Shevchenko" would you? And Roxanne would be walking out first.

I don't know how you aren't comprehending what I've just told you and given you an example of, twice.

They go by amount of wins in division. Lucky the refs name wasn't before McGregor

Wrong. I guess both you and the TS are strictly casual.

The higher ranked fighter in the division the fight is taking place in takes top billing. It’s as simple as that.

Back