Why does rap music get a free pass?

CauseImbetta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why does rap/hip hop music get a free pass from the aggressive metoo movement and millenial social justice warriors? I just heard a rap song in my gym with the N word and some skinny white dork singing along.

Is he allowed to yell the N word in public if it's in a rap song? Or pretends it's part of a song?

Why is the content of that rap "music" yelling about bitches and hos not the ire of the metoo mania? How come this garbage is being played everywhere now without concequences? if somebody tells to turn that noise pollution off will they be accused of being racist?

There seems to be a gross double standard going on around here.

Yes because it's not only but the most popular music on the planet. Besides controversy would only make it more popular, see rock, heavy metal and jazz if you don't believe me.

Because its a tool to brainwash the youth. Back in the 80s and 90s, rap was generally an outlet for inner city black people, once the powers that be saw the influence it had on American culture, they infilitrated it. Now rappers are talking about smoking heroin and tattooing guns on their faces. Its a shitshow. Also they get a pass socially because the majority or people in the rap world are black, and its "a different culture, hard to judge" er whatever

Because its a tool to brainwash the youth. Back in the 80s and 90s, rap was generally an outlet for inner city black people, once the powers that be saw the influence it had on American culture, they infilitrated it. Now rappers are talking about smoking heroin and tattooing guns on their faces. Its a shitshow. Also they get a pass socially because the majority or people in the rap world are black, and its "a different culture, hard to judge" er whatever

lol, this sounds like those old pieces about Elvis corrupting peoples mind.

because its fucking awesome

Rap music now is tame compared to back in the day.

No ones making songs like Ice Cubes "Cave Bitch" or "True to the Game" anymore
If those songs came out today, there would be heavy backlash.

NWA's entire 2nd CD is complete mayhem, from killing people to raping women and then killing them after.(One Less Bitch-NWA)
Good music though. Great beats and lyrics, just alot of craziness.

Bigotry of low expectations. All types of celebs "celebrate" Snoop Dogg. From Ellen Degeneres to Martha Stewart to Jimmy Kimmel. They're friends with him, fully knowing he's a gang member affiliated with the Long Beach Crips set and have done criminal acts. I think he even spent time in prison for murder or being an accomplice to it. These same celebs attack Trump for being a "criminal" and yet they think Snoop and 50 Cent are great people.

I think it's great. blacks are now being subjected to the same type of homosexual agenda that's been pushed on the rest of America forever now, so now you've got "rappers" with tattoos of bulging penises on their heads talking about shooting each other, stealing your girl (or guy) while wearing nine thousand dollar kanye wear skirts

@7437

You can't seriously compare the 2. Times change. Social media has expanded to every corner of culture. Rap music influences everything. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, but there are definitely some people who use its power for evil.

Why does rap/hip hop music get a free pass from the aggressive metoo movement and millenial social justice warriors? I just heard a rap song in my gym with the N word and some skinny white dork singing along.

Is he allowed to yell the N word in public if it's in a rap song? Or pretends it's part of a song?

Why is the content of that rap "music" yelling about bitches and hos not the ire of the metoo mania? How come this garbage is being played everywhere now without concequences? if somebody tells to turn that noise pollution off will they be accused of being racist?

There seems to be a gross double standard going on around here.
Never heard of Delores Tucker have you?
Or Dan Quayle?

They had steamrollers smashing 2Pac CDs in protest that it encourages people to kill cops, after some guy killed a State Trooper and said 2Pac's CD influenced him to do it.

@DeJulez

I agree. It is tame compared to the past. But the influence it has now is muchhhhh more significant than it was back then.

I love Hip Hop and there's always been shit artists but it has gotten worse. Cardi B is a media darling now and she raps in one of her songs "I only fuk n!ggas who been in and out of jail."

What effect might that have on the millions of little girls and boys who listen to that? Half of this degration might be malicious and the other half is just general degration that cowards are too afraid to speak on for fear of racism.
see I'm so out of the loop with popular music I don't even know who the fuck cardi b is, but I'm sure she's exactly like nicki minaj and all the rest of those talentless shits

I think it's great. blacks are now being subjected to the same type of homosexual agenda that's been pushed on the rest of America forever now, so now you've got "rappers" with tattoos of bulging penises on their heads talking about shooting each other, stealing your girl (or guy) while wearing nine thousand dollar kanye wear skirts
<{Joewithit}>

Bigotry of low expectations. All types of celebs "celebrate" Snoop Dogg. From Ellen Degeneres to Martha Stewart to Jimmy Kimmel. They're friends with him, fully knowing his a gang member and have done criminal acts. I think he even spent time in prison for murder or being an accomplice to it. These same celebs attack Trump for being a "criminal" after hanging out with Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent.
Are you even fu*king serious, whether you like rap music or hate it complaining about rappers backgrounds is bullshit. Frank Sinatra was a bagman for the mafia when he was a kid and had heavy mafia connections his entire life, didn't stop him from hanging out with powerful politicians Presidents like JKF and Ronald Reagan. A lot of entertainers from the so called good old days had gang/ mafia ties.

You know why "rap" gets a pass? Because it's an artform full of divergent artists with divergent goals and content they want to express.

If you want to bitch about something, bitch about a capitalist system that rewards pomposity and stupidity with recognition and money.

I love Hip Hop and there's always been shit artists but it has gotten worse. Cardi B is a media darling now and she raps in one of her songs "I only fuk n!ggas who been in and out of jail."

What effect might that have on the millions of little girls and boys who listen to that? Half of this degration might be malicious and the other half is just general degration that cowards are too afraid to speak on for fear of racism.

I cannot relate to music with lyrics like you find in rap. I can't understand selling out my own principles for a catchy beat. It just makes no sense.

Talent and skill are not enough to stand on their own. There also has to be intrinsic value and good or I'm not interested. I define good here as being the values that have been carried forth by the western intellectual tradition and not just some idiots opinion on what good is who neither really cares nor has though about it deeply.

Back