Why doesn't Aspinall fight?

I think it’s because interim titles used to mean you were guaranteed a title shot once the champ is back. The UFC has its own definition though.

because it looks weird that the interim champion has to fight the top contenders while the champion is supposed to fight a semi retired fighter who hasn't entered the cage in 3 years?

These champs get intern belts, stop fighting and go on like they're the real champ

What happened to the days when Fighters actually fought?
whats the point of intermin champ as a placeholder if they don't get to fight the "actual" champ. i find it comical you have a problem with aspinall when jones fights once in a blue moon.

because it looks weird that the interim champion has to fight the top contenders while the champion is supposed to fight a semi retired fighter who hasn't entered the cage in 3 years?
i am shocked that aspinall has not called out the true HW champ of the world, francis ngannou, just to ruffle jone's feathers

There's no main events announced for July yet dummy, that's when he'll likely fight.

<codychoke>

These champs get intern belts, stop fighting and go on like they're the real champ

What happened to the days when Fighters actually fought?
Why doesn't Jones defend his belt in a unification bout?

I never really understood the let's change a fighter's name routine that happens here. Asspillna?

I think it’s because interim titles used to mean you were guaranteed a title shot once the champ is back. The UFC has its own definition though.
I don't know why so many people are pretending to struggle to understand the difference between normal interim titles which feature the existing challenger staying in to fight the champ's injury replacement, thus determining the new contender given the existing contender is putting his status on the line.

And this one here where Pav replaced Jones, the injured champion, and then the UFC randomly decided he should fight Aspinall instead of Stipe, the existing challenger, as had literally already been agreed upon.

Stipe never lost to Aspinall. Pav did. Why should Stipe lose his title shot for Pav's loss?

Because they haven't offered him any fight? Do you know how the UFC works?

This is the type of thread I'd expect from Sherdog

"AssPillna"...? Are you retarded?

I don't know why so many people are pretending to struggle to understand the difference between normal interim titles which feature the existing challenger staying in to fight the champ's injury replacement, thus determining the new contender given the existing contender is putting his status on the line.

And this one here where Pav replaced Jones, the injured champion, and then the UFC randomly decided he should fight Aspinall instead of Stipe, the existing challenger, as had literally already been agreed upon.

Stipe never lost to Aspinall. Pav did. Why should Stipe lose his title shot for Pav's loss?
I just don’t think there should be different versions of an interim champion. An interim champ is the champ while the undisputed is gone for whatever reason they are gone. Therefore, when the champ is back, he should fight guy who earned his spot while he was gone.

By your logic, what did Aspinall do wrong? Why should he fight someone else in the division if he’s already at the top waiting for the undisputed shot? Just because the UFC wants a marketable fight, Aspinall has to waste his career time for what he deserves?

I just don’t think there should be different versions of an interim champion. An interim champ is the champ while the undisputed is gone for whatever reason they are gone. Therefore, when the champ is back, he should fight guy who earned his spot while he was gone.

By your logic, what did Aspinall do wrong? Why should he fight someone else in the division if he’s already at the top waiting for the undisputed shot? Just because the UFC wants a marketable fight, Aspinall has to waste his career time for what he deserves?
Aspinall did nothing wrong, but that doesn't mean he did anything right either. Stipe was the original challenger, not Pav.

At no point has Aspinall said he won't fight. He's been clear about wanting to fight Jones or Stipe, but he's also been clear that he'll fight whomever the UFC chooses. It's the UFC who decides timelines for title fights. They're most likely saving him for the UK card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back