Opinion Why doesnt the US have paid maternity leave?

It owns the smooth brained logic "We have copious amounts of evidence of our tax dollars being wasted and not used for their intended purpose but this particular instance will be different because reasons".

If you want to give more money to known scammers with the belief that they won't scam you in this particular instance, then go ahead.

You guys are all about raising taxes. Why don't you just get ahead of the game and start cutting the government extra checks so you can help people in need? Why wait for the tax raise? Just hand your money over now. They're trustworthy according to you, so they'll do what's best with your money. It's also smooth brained logic to think that you need to force the rest of the country to pay for your humanitarian efforts. If you care so much about people, start giving extra money away to the government today.

Can't even come up with your own comeback and just using mine? I'll take that as a compliment.

The reasons being paid leave is common practice in a dozen + states as well as the rest of the first world and these made up scams, the scams you choked when asked to describe what they even entail, don't exist there. You can't show evidence they do.

You're saying we shouldn't do y because need to be in fear of x. I'm saying they do y in dozens of places and if you can't show x happening there, which you haven't, then you're just being a whiney little bitch and making up reasons for it.

Providing basic social services and instruments of improving the common good isn't some kind of far off humanitarian feelgoodery. It's just a relatively efficient function of government as seen across the developed world, the benefits of which are demonstrable in similar cases.

Your argument for not supporting it could be applied to any funding of government programs of any kind/purpose. It's asinine.

It suggests, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you've never taken any kind economics class.

I have no issues with it if the money is used correctly and efficiently. The government provides basically neither on a consistent basis. Especially using money efficiently.

It's asinine to say that the government's general waste of taxpayer dollars applies to the government's use of taxpayer dollars when it comes to social services as well?

I'm talking to the guys who can't think more than one step beyond supply and demand. My understanding of economics is just fine.

Can't even come up with your own comeback and just using mine? I'll take that as a compliment.

The reasons being paid leave is common practice in a dozen + states as well as the rest of the first world and these made up scams, the scams you choked when asked to describe what they even entail, don't exist there. You can't show evidence they do.

You're saying we shouldn't do y because need to be in fear of x. I'm saying they do y in dozens of places and if you can't show x happening there, which you haven't, then you're just being a whiney little bitch and making up reasons for it.

I already showed you the EV charging scam. I could post a dozen links to a dozen different times the government wasted taxpayer dollars and it won't change a damn thing in your mind. Why would I go through all that legwork so you can just deflect and deny? I don't play that game with you guys because I've done it in the past and it was a massive waste of time. You know the government wastes tax dollars. I know they waste tax dollars. Every person in the country knows they waste tax dollars. I'm not going to waste my time proving something that everyone already knows.

The fact that you have to resort to name calling just goes to show that you lost the argument.

If you want to trust Bernie Madoff to invest your money in X fund because while he scams other people, there's no proof he's scammed people when investing in X fund, then go ahead man. That's your prerogative to do so. Like I said, start the tax hike early and start sending extra funds to the government to help people in need. You don't have to wait until they force everyone to do it. If you're a good person, start today.

I already showed you the EV charging scam. I could post a dozen links to a dozen different times the government wasted taxpayer dollars and it won't change a damn thing in your mind. Why would I go through all that legwork so you can just deflect and deny? I don't play that game with you guys because I've done it in the past and it was a massive waste of time. You know the government wastes tax dollars. I know they waste tax dollars. Every person in the country knows they waste tax dollars. I'm not going to waste my time proving something that everyone already knows.

The fact that you have to resort to name calling just goes to show that you lost the argument.

If you want to trust Bernie Madoff to invest your money in X fund because while he scams other people, there's no proof he's scammed people when investing in X fund, then go ahead man. That's your prerogative to do so. Like I said, start the tax hike early and start sending extra funds to the government to help people in need. You don't have to wait until they force everyone to do it. If you're a good person, start today.

Providing paid family leave has absolutely nothing to do with car batteries. Nothing lol. All you're proving are paid leave programs don't have this issue by only finding it elsewhere.

By this logic you don't support a single government program because you can point out some misspending on some other random area. That's dumb.

Providing paid family leave has absolutely nothing to do with car batteries. Nothing lol. All you're proving are paid leave programs don't have this issue by only finding it elsewhere.

By this logic you don't support a single government program because you can point out some misspending on some other random area. That's dumb.

The same people who control the money for EV charging stations, control it for social programs as well. I made this point perfectly clear with the Bernie Madoff example.

I don't support a single government program in the current system we have. Change the system and get honest people in there with honest intentions and I'll support it. Why would I support a system where the decision making relies on politicians getting bribed?

The same people who control the money for EV charging stations, control it for social programs as well. I made this point perfectly clear with the Bernie Madoff example.

I don't support a single government program in the current system we have. Change the system and get honest people in there with honest intentions and I'll support it. Why would I support a system where the decision making relies on politicians getting bribed?

You've backed yourself so far into a corner you're pretending like you want government to stop funding literally everything. Because EV batteries. This is a spectacle lol. You copied my insult then felt dumb for that and whined about name calling. Keep going!

What same people? If these people were robbing paid family leave programs you'd have evidence for it like you apparently do for other issues. But you don't. So you're yammering on about make believe paid leave scams and shutting down the entire government. All to grasp for some dumb reason to not support what the rest of the first has succeeded at.

You've backed yourself so far into a corner you're pretending like you want government to stop funding literally everything. Because EV batteries. This is a spectacle lol. You copied my insult then felt dumb for that and whined about name calling. Keep going!

What same people? If these people were robbing paid family leave programs you'd have evidence for it like you apparently do for other issues. But you don't. So you're yammering on about make believe paid leave scams and shutting down the entire government. All to grasp for some dumb reason to not support what the rest of the first has succeeded at.

EV is just one of many many examples. Are you really pretending the only taxpayer dollar waste has involved EV batteries? Its like you're intentionally pretending to be dumb in order to win the argument.

Congress are the people. Our state senators and legislators. The politicians that control the usage and flow of taxpayer dollars. Why am I still having to explain this to you? It's like talking to a toddler.

The government's usage of our tax dollars is wasteful and a scam. Yes the government needs an overhaul in order to start using our tax dollars correctly.

I think we're done. I'm not sure if I can take another instance of you pretending to be dense here. If you think that our politicians are good people who make decisions based on what's best for the country, then I feel sorry for how naive you are but it probably explains why you keep pretending not to understand what I'm talking about.

EV is just one of many many examples. Are you really pretending the only taxpayer dollar waste has involved EV batteries? Its like you're intentionally pretending to be dumb in order to win the argument.

Congress are the people. Our state senators and legislators. The politicians that control the usage and flow of taxpayer dollars. Why am I still having to explain this to you? It's like talking to a toddler.

The government's usage of our tax dollars is wasteful and a scam. Yes the government needs an overhaul in order to start using our tax dollars correctly.

I think we're done. I'm not sure if I can take another instance of you pretending to be dense here. If you think that our politicians are good people who make decisions based on what's best for the country, then I feel sorry for how naive you are but it probably explains why you keep pretending not to understand what I'm talking about.

You're so adamant to hate on paid leave that you've landed on advocating for ending all government programs and embracing anarchy because .... electric cars.

please don't stop lol

You're so adamant to hate on paid leave that you've landed on advocating for ending all government programs and embracing anarchy because .... electric cars.

please don't stop lol

You're like the woman who interviewed Jordan Peterson "So what you're saying is....." only to completely get nearly every single point wrong. You haven't had an honest retort in quite a while.

Your manipulation is just pathetic and childish at this point. Nearly every response has been a dishonest representation of the points I'm making and you know this. You just aren't mature enough to debate like an adult. Your random outbursts are proof of that. Have fun with your second grade level reading comprehension and use of logic.

You're like the woman who interviewed Jordan Peterson "So what you're saying is....." only to completely get nearly every single point wrong. You haven't had an honest retort in quite a while.

Your manipulation is just pathetic and childish at this point. Nearly every response has been a dishonest representation of the points I'm making and you know this. You just aren't mature enough to debate like an adult. Your random outbursts are proof of that. Have fun with your second grade level reading comprehension and use of logic.

This is your logic. You argued because of a car battery tax issue we can't fund any government programs regardless if they are unrelated, like paid family leave, even if these other programs have no evidence of misuse.

By this logic there isn't a government program that should exist and we should just cease to pay taxes entirely until there is an "overhaul". It's very dumb based in a fairy tale world but I'm not manipulating anything. The closest thing to paid family leave scams you came up with was ..... car batteries. If you apply this logic to paid leave you can apply it anywhere money is spent which is why it sucks. Want to pay wounded vets for their injuries bu bu but what about the car batteries?

Last edited:
This is your logic. You argued because of a car battery tax issue we can't fund any government programs regardless if they are unrelated, like paid family leave, even if these other programs have no evidence of misuse.

By this logic there isn't a government program that should exist and we should just cease to pay taxes entirely until there is an "overhaul". It's very dumb based in a fairy tale world but I'm not manipulating anything. The closest thing to paid family leave scams you came up with was ..... car batteries. If you apply this logic to paid leave you can apply it anywhere money is spent which is why it sucks. Want to pay wounded vets for their injuries bu bu but what about the car batteries?

Are you autistic? I'm seriously asking because you keep repeating the same dishonest strawman over and over like it's an OCD tick or something. You think you're making a good point but you aren't. You're obsessed with cherry picking one instance of government corruption and pretending like that is the only instance in existence of it.

You're literally using the logic that the only corruption in government is what I present to you on a karate forum. If I don't present it, that means it's not happening. You instantly lost the debate handily when you attached yourself to this logic.

I know you aren't this stupid, you just have to resort to this lame tactic to lie your way through a debate. It's really tiresome. I don't even know why I'm giving you the time of day because it's so childish. Probably because I'm a lazy ass union worker myself.

Are you autistic? I'm seriously asking because you keep repeating the same dishonest strawman over and over like it's an OCD tick or something. You think you're making a good point but you aren't. You're obsessed with cherry picking one instance of government corruption and pretending like that is the only instance in existence of it.

You're literally using the logic that the only corruption in government is what I present to you on a karate forum. If I don't present it, that means it's not happening. You instantly lost the debate handily when you attached yourself to this logic.

I know you aren't this stupid, you just have to resort to this lame tactic to lie your way through a debate. It's really tiresome. I don't even know why I'm giving you the time of day because it's so childish. Probably because I'm a lazy ass union worker myself.

You couldn’t find any reasons to not support paid leave you so made up imaginary scams around it. When asked for evidence of paid family leave scamming in the numerous states and countries it exists you totally choked and instead cherry picked one instance of some tax money misuse in an completely unrelated field of fucking car batteries.

That logic is stating if there’s any tax money misuse in any program then you can pick any other or all other government programs you want no matter how unrelated and use that as argument to not fund them. It’s really dumb.
You’re not even clarifying it’s something different because you can’t since that’s what you posted you’re just whining.

It’s like saying police lied about overtime and that cost tax dollars so we need to stop funding the FAA.

Last edited:
You couldn’t find any reasons to not support paid leave you so made up imaginary scams around it. When asked for evidence of paid family leave scamming in the numerous states and countries it exists you totally choked and instead cherry picked one instance of some tax money misuse in an completely unrelated field of fucking car batteries.

That logic is stating if there’s any tax money misuse in any program then you can pick any other or all other government programs you want no matter how unrelated and use that as argument to not fund them. It’s really dumb.
You’re not even clarifying it’s something different because you can’t since that’s what you posted you’re just whining.

It’s like saying police lied about overtime and that cost tax dollars so we need to stop funding the FAA.

I didn't choke at all. Do I really need to post a handful of links to the government misusing tax dollars? Just google it. Literally the first thing that pops up on google. You can find hundreds of examples if you wish. I thought everyone knew about the government wasting tax payer dollars but apparently you are new to the situation.

Your analogy is way off too. How are you not picking up what I'm saying after saying it a dozen times? What I'm saying is that if the police are lying about a shit ton of overtime and they say they need more funding to hire more officers to keep the streets safe, I'm not looking to just send them a bunch of extra money. I'd want the system revamped to ensure they aren't lying about overtime and once the system is revamped and an audit is done and finds that they aren't lying on their timecards, then we can visit giving them more funds to hire more officers. It may not even be necessary because all the money that was stolen by lying on their timecards could have been used to hire more officers without needing any extra funding.

What you want to do is just send them the extra funding and bury your head in the sand and say that RoastBeast can't name which individual officers are doing the stealing, therefore there is no stealing happening.

I didn't choke at all. Do I really need to post a handful of links to the government misusing tax dollars? Just google it. Literally the first thing that pops up on google. You can find hundreds of examples if you wish. I thought everyone knew about the government wasting tax payer dollars but apparently you are new to the situation.

Your analogy is way off too. How are you not picking up what I'm saying after saying it a dozen times? What I'm saying is that if the police are lying about a shit ton of overtime and they say they need more funding to hire more officers to keep the streets safe, I'm not looking to just send them a bunch of extra money. I'd want the system revamped to ensure they aren't lying about overtime and once the system is revamped and an audit is done and finds that they aren't lying on their timecards, then we can visit giving them more funds to hire more officers. It may not even be necessary because all the money that was stolen by lying on their timecards could have been used to hire more officers without needing any extra funding.

What you want to do is just send them the extra funding and bury your head in the sand and say that RoastBeast can't name which individual officers are doing the stealing, therefore there is no stealing happening.

If your reasoning for not supporting paid family is that it's some tax scam then obviously yes, you need to post links to a pattern of paid family leave scams occurring in reality. You choke when asked every time.

The correct analogy for your logic would be not funding any police departments at all because you found a tax issue with EV batteries and that's apparently justification to not fund totally separate government programs. Because politicians fucked something else up you can point at any other program and not fund it either apparently. Withholding money from police departments because you found spending abuse in police departments makes sense because it's the same thing but that's not your logic. Your logic is withhold money from police departments because some tax issue happened with EV batteries somewhere else.

You pick and choose when this logic applies based on your separate personal beliefs about the individual programs and spazz when other people apply it to some program you support. It's all bullshit.

If your reasoning for not supporting paid family is that it's some tax scam then obviously yes, you need to post links to a pattern of paid family leave scams occurring in reality. You choke when asked every time.

The correct analogy for your logic would be not funding any police departments at all because you found a tax issue with EV batteries and that's apparently justification to not fund totally separate government programs. Because politicians fucked something else up you can point at any other program and not fund it either apparently. Withholding money from police departments because you found spending abuse in police departments makes sense because it's the same thing but that's not your logic. Your logic is withhold money from police departments because some tax issue happened with EV batteries somewhere else.

You pick and choose when this logic applies based on your separate personal beliefs about the individual programs and spazz when other people apply it to some program you support. It's all bullshit.

I support not paying the government any extra in taxes until they get their shit together and stop wasting our money. If that bothers you, then that's your problem. I don't know why that bothers you but apparently it does.

I did not say I wanted to withdraw all funding from all social services. I said I was not going to put any more money toward them until they stopped scamming us out of our money. Obviously some of the money is going toward its intended purpose but I damn well know a lot of it is wasted as well. If they didn't waste our money, they may not need any extra.

Your reading comprehension is so bad that I just can't deal with you anymore. If you can't understand simple logic, simple English and simple explanations, then you're just out of your league entirely here. You're mad at me for not wanting to throw extra money at the government so just stay mad.

Like I said, cut them a check and start paying them extra right now. Don't wait for a tax hike. Do your part and give them more money because that's what you keep advocating for. Stop talking and start paying up.

I support not paying the government any extra in taxes until they get their shit together and stop wasting our money. If that bothers you, then that's your problem. I don't know why that bothers you but apparently it does.

I did not say I wanted to withdraw all funding from all social services. I said I was not going to put any more money toward them until they stopped scamming us out of our money. Obviously some of the money is going toward its intended purpose but I damn well know a lot of it is wasted as well. If they didn't waste our money, they may not need any extra.

Your reading comprehension is so bad that I just can't deal with you anymore. If you can't understand simple logic, simple English and simple explanations, then you're just out of your league entirely here. You're mad at me for not wanting to throw extra money at the government so just stay mad.

Like I said, cut them a check and start paying them extra right now. Don't wait for a tax hike. Do your part and give them more money because that's what you keep advocating for. Stop talking and start paying up.

So the fact government has misused tax dollars somewhere at some point in the past is a good reason to not expand a program everyone one both sides wants that doesn't have evidence of past misuse. But if I apply that same logic to not funding programs you're already paying into, ones that have shown misuse, it's suddenly not applicable? Because only "extra" spending matters? This is such stupid logic in a few different ways.

Paid family leave programs haven't scammed anyone of anything. That's why you can't find any examples of that happening anywhere even when they're all over the place. That's why it's a weak take. It's that simple.

I'm sure you support all sorts of programs and spending as long as it aligns with your beliefs without saying "nobody gets another penny of anymore paychecks till we to get our shit together". You can't even articulate what that actually means beyond some issue with EV batteries.

I've been paying into paid family leave programs every paycheck for decades so since I pay I'll keep talking.

You're all emotional typing "I'm done with you" like half a dozen times before replying again and again. Take a walk or something.

So the fact government has misused tax dollars somewhere at some point in the past is a good reason to not expand a program everyone one both sides wants that doesn't have evidence of past misuse. But if I apply that same logic to not funding programs you're already paying into, ones that have shown misuse, it's suddenly not applicable? Because only "extra" spending matters? This is such stupid logic in a few different ways.

Paid family leave programs haven't scammed anyone of anything. That's why you can't find any examples of that happening anywhere even when they're all over the place. That's why it's a weak take. It's that simple.

I'm sure you support all sorts of programs and spending as long as it aligns with your beliefs without saying "nobody gets another penny of anymore paychecks till we to get our shit together". You can't even articulate what that actually means beyond some issue with EV batteries.

I've been paying into paid family leave programs every paycheck for decades so since I pay I'll keep talking.

You're all emotional typing "I'm done with you" like half a dozen times before replying again and again. Take a walk or something.

<JagsKiddingMe>

I just feel bad for you dude. I've explained myself 50 ways from Sunday and you just keep touretting the same thing over and over about EVs. You have to be on the spectrum somewhere with this repetitive type behavior. What's this about 8 posts in a row where you've repeated the same thing about EVs? I don't know how to explain it to you any clearer. Maybe you're autistic, maybe your IQ is low or maybe you didn't get enough social services when you were a kid. I don't really know but what I do know is you are incapable of following the simplest logic, the simplest subject matter and the simplest sentences. I'm just at a loss right now. This is literally the dumbest conversation I've ever been apart of in all my years on sherdog.

I honestly hope you're just fucking with me to try and get one over on me because if you really can't understand simple concepts like this, then I sincerely feel bad for you.

<JagsKiddingMe>

I just feel bad for you dude. I've explained myself 50 ways from Sunday and you just keep touretting the same thing over and over about EVs. You have to be on the spectrum somewhere with this repetitive type behavior. What's this about 8 posts in a row where you've repeated the same thing about EVs? I don't know how to explain it to you any clearer. Maybe you're autistic, maybe your IQ is low or maybe you didn't get enough social services when you were a kid. I don't really know but what I do know is you are incapable of following the simplest logic, the simplest subject matter and the simplest sentences. I'm just at a loss right now. This is literally the dumbest conversation I've ever been apart of in all my years on sherdog.

I honestly hope you're just fucking with me to try and get one over on me because if you really can't understand simple concepts like this, then I sincerely feel bad for you.

You're back lol!

I'm repeating myself? What new information are you presenting here you haven't already posted for days?

Denying families programs that we know help keep them together and make them healthier that everyone across the parties supports because somewhere else some other time tax money was misspent is really stupid logic you could apply to defund any and all programs. But the EVs!!!!

Back