Why don't more fighters use their Free eye-poke?

you're not picking up what i'm throwing down here, but it doesn't even matter because your argument makes no sense. the intent being shown is the fact THAT THEY KEEP DOING IT. you know, like SERIAL KILLERS KEEP KILLING PEOPLE. that's the intent. you only have to prove intent if you did it ONCE. if you killed 5 people in an accident, you killed 5 people but you only killed ONCE. if you kill 5 people individually every day for a week, you have now killed FIVE TIMES, which proves your intent. Weidman eyepoked Silva 4 times in 3 rds. Jon Jones and DC have done it multiple times in multiple fights over their entire careers.

even people sentenced for depraved heart murder can get 15 yrs to life. depraved heart eye poke = maybe a warning. do you see how this is not the same thing?

You can keep doing depraved heart murders, that doesn't make you a serial killer.

If I decide to drive 80 mph in a 25 mph residential zone, and I kill someone on Tuesday by running them over, and then I drive 80 mph again in a 25 mph zone and kill someone on Friday, and let's say I repeat this like 8 times.

It's still not first degree murder with intent. Just a bunch of second degree depraved heart murders.

Commit all the fouls but only once for a warning for each type

Start with a solid groin kick

When they retaliate after the “break” and come after you, simply post your arms and fingers out and rake you some eyeballs

Gotta grab the fence too when clinched up against the fence and they are about to take your ass down

Also, may as well elbow and hammer fist the fuck out of the back of the head too on a TD attempt

Grab the shorts too while your at it

Go ahead and “phantom tap” too when in good position to do so and get away with it

Let the corner put extra grease on you so the ref makes them wipe the excess off, but there is still more left than you started with

What else am I missing?

It should obviously be the fighters responsibility to not outreach their fingers. Weidman was told multiple times to not extend his fingers..not only was their zero repercussions for it, he ultimately was rewarded for it. Completely bogus all the way around. How does the guy who actually committed the foul gain the advantage? Bush league stuff.

Absolutely. All the other sports give out penalties even it was accidental. This whole warning business is silly and punitive to the recipient of the foul. It’s bush league.
I laugh so hard when they say a "HARD WARNING" like it means something lol.

I think most fighters have mutual respect for eachother and an unwritten rule of no cheap shit.

Most guys seem pretty level headed and don't really want to hurt somebody they're just good at it.

I think the bitches who do the cheap shit blatantly on purpose should have warnings carried on to the next fight.

They have all sorts of weird stats they come up out of their ass too. They should make one like 'Most eye pokes in UFC history' list. 'Most groin strikes landed'. 'Best oil digger'.

Gotta balance the stats bro. Every time eye poke is cast, the caster receives a permanent minus 1 to charisma

Screenshot-2021-03-14-at-10.57.12.jpg

The first eye poke is literally penalty-free, since everybody seems to be operating under that unwritten rule anyway.
And until officials stop their "first one is free" policy, there is no reason not to groin strike and eye-poke your opponent immediately.
I'm not saying it would be right to do so
but I don't get why we don't see more fighters use their free eye poke. You almost never get penalized for the first, and maybe not even the second.
and according to Gary "You both did it" Copeland, You can even get away with a third one if both of you did it at the same time.

Grow up, this isn't Fighting its Honor.

That's why all fouls should be an Automatic Half point deduction. Would make no foul free.
I think Aljo should've gotten a half point deduction for making Yan knee him like that lol.

Commit all the fouls but only once for a warning for each type

Start with a solid groin kick

When they retaliate after the “break” and come after you, simply post your arms and fingers out and rake you some eyeballs

Gotta grab the fence too when clinched up against the fence and they are about to take your ass down

Also, may as well elbow and hammer fist the fuck out of the back of the head too on a TD attempt

Grab the shorts too while your at it

Go ahead and “phantom tap” too when in good position to do so and get away with it

Let the corner put extra grease on you so the ref makes them wipe the excess off, but there is still more left than you started with

What else am I missing?

Headbutt, fishook, try to snap a finger, stomp, soccer kick., oil check, hair pull.

You can keep doing depraved heart murders, that doesn't make you a serial killer.

If I decide to drive 80 mph in a 25 mph residential zone, and I kill someone on Tuesday by running them over, and then I drive 80 mph again in a 25 mph zone and kill someone on Friday, and let's say I repeat this like 8 times.

It's still not first degree murder with intent. Just a bunch of second degree depraved heart murders.
First off, 1st vs 2nd degree murders require intent, whereas a disqualification doesn't. This has been explained to you already.

Secondly, any prosecutor pursuing the charges on a multiple time murderer for the exact same wildly negligent behavior can make the argument for willful action given that the defendant should be fully aware given their history AND any judge sentencing a person who has repeatedly been found guilty of 2nd degree murders will of course go for increased, so the ultimate argument here that the 4th 'accident' in a row shouldn't rise the response of a ref still doesn't stand

Nut kicks are much easier to disguise and less likely to deal permanent damage.

Throw 1-2 a round and then in the 3rd after you've secured the first two rounds, just load up a fuckin huge motherfucker right up the middle for the technical decision win.

You get plenty of free fouls in general.

Knee to a grounded opponent seems to be the only thing that gets punished.

The first thing every fighter should do is poke a eye or use the also free groin shit. Why not start out with a nice advantage

Threads like this are good because they strip away bullshit and cut right to the bone.

It's totally true.
You can poke your opponent right in the eye and then kick him in the nuts, and the ref and the crowd will expect him to take a breather and then resume fighting. Meanwhile, you also get a breather, but you don't get poked in the eye, kicked in the nuts, or docked a point.

The only time I remember seeing the free-eye-poke strategy fail was Gustaffson vs. Anthony Johnson.

In that fight, it totally did not work.
It completely backfired.

I’m sure coaches essentially do echo that sentiment with respect to the eye pokes. I don’t think they instruct their guys to deliberately do it, but I’m sure they instruct them to open their hands and extend their thumbs as a range finder despite the obvious incidental eye poke potential. It’s actually kinda hard to intentionally poke someone’s eyes because they’re small targets.

Conversely, it’s really easy to target and kick someone in the nuts, but that’s a bro code violation. No one’s training their guy to do that deliberately. That’s just fucked.

Some of you guys sound like sociopaths or something, do you think it's that easy to just deliberately stick your fingers in somebody's eyes? If it is for you then you're not normal

Some of you guys sound like sociopaths or something, do you think it's that easy to just deliberately stick your fingers in somebody's eyes? If it is for you then you're not normal

Sorry to break this to you dude, most pro-figters are crazy in some way and don't have a problem with seriously hurting people. If you have made it to the pros, you have overcome hesitation in hurting others. The guys that don't get past that hesitation usually don't get out of the amateurs.

If hurting people badly is a problem, being a pro-fighter is not for you.

Last edited:
1. if using eye pokes and more importantly, THE THREAT of eye pokes is part of your gameplan, why would you need to be focused on doing it? you just stick your hand out there and threaten it, and if the guys walk forward then that's there problem. it's already engrained in you because you've been training it just like anything else.

2. you don't have to even eye pokes guys to effectively put them off their game. look what Jon did to Rampage. he didn't have to eye poke him, he just had to put his fingers out there and Rampage had no way to walk into range. you either have to engage him in hand fighting or come in very low on Jon to get passed his fingers.
giphy.gif

3. how many times has Jon Jones been taken down while utilizing this "defense"?
giphy.gif
fingers3.gif
687474703a2f2f61626c6f61642e64652f696d672f7877627063746b6333706b642e676966
687474703a2f2f61626c6f61642e64652f696d672f78766d626e38396d6b6f67772e676966

4. i don't get this logic. so because a lot of eye pokes happen as a defensive move it's ok? i'd say it's worse because striking defense in MMA is already very hard and not many people have good defense to begin with. if part of your defense is literally to just stick your hand out with your fingers positioned to poke that's already going to impede your opponent's forward movement and make him a much more passive fighter otherwise he risks getting at least temporarily blinded by your threat of illegal attack. there has been a lot of offensive eye pokes, you just don't know because the fighters disguise them as punches.
Jon+Jones+Eye+Pokes+Glover+Teixeira+UFC+172.gif
source.gif
763337480.gif
db36c5e55a89d70fd30cf60de93e2596.gif
No accidents imho.

1. if using eye pokes and more importantly, THE THREAT of eye pokes is part of your gameplan, why would you need to be focused on doing it? you just stick your hand out there and threaten it, and if the guys walk forward then that's there problem. it's already engrained in you because you've been training it just like anything else.

2. you don't have to even eye pokes guys to effectively put them off their game. look what Jon did to Rampage. he didn't have to eye poke him, he just had to put his fingers out there and Rampage had no way to walk into range. you either have to engage him in hand fighting or come in very low on Jon to get passed his fingers.
giphy.gif

3. how many times has Jon Jones been taken down while utilizing this "defense"?
giphy.gif
fingers3.gif
687474703a2f2f61626c6f61642e64652f696d672f7877627063746b6333706b642e676966
687474703a2f2f61626c6f61642e64652f696d672f78766d626e38396d6b6f67772e676966

4. i don't get this logic. so because a lot of eye pokes happen as a defensive move it's ok? i'd say it's worse because striking defense in MMA is already very hard and not many people have good defense to begin with. if part of your defense is literally to just stick your hand out with your fingers positioned to poke that's already going to impede your opponent's forward movement and make him a much more passive fighter otherwise he risks getting at least temporarily blinded by your threat of illegal attack. there has been a lot of offensive eye pokes, you just don't know because the fighters disguise them as punches.
Jon+Jones+Eye+Pokes+Glover+Teixeira+UFC+172.gif
source.gif
763337480.gif
db36c5e55a89d70fd30cf60de93e2596.gif

This post warms my heart!

Still, it amazes me people will always say they disqualify Jon fron GOAT discussions because of PED use, but rarely do I see people mention it because of his extremely dirty fighting style. The latter is significantly worse to me. But people really seem to underestimate the advantage it can buy a fighter, and especially someone with Jon's reach.

Back in the day I had to tell people to just jam their finger full force into their own eye(s) if they really thought it wasn't that big of a deal. Which nobody ever responded back to lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back