Why I Hate Powerslap

i dont like powerslap but i do like the penguinz promotoed slap mountain. its hilarious

I would have rather dana white go the arm wrestling route instead - that has a huge following, is safer, and more people would be interested in picking up the sport than being the greatest slapper.

Isn't that dude a murderer?

Also Powerslap > UFC
Indeed he is. Or was I should say, as he is also dead himself after taking his own life once the cops got on his trail and started shooting at him.

Man I used to think rasslin was gay, but something about power slap is even more homoerotic to me.

If 2 300 lb idiots want to take turns slapping the shit out of each other. Let them. Dont like it? Dont watch it.

e0ef8555-8591-4e19-9ca7-88d697e2a594_text.gif

How many of us would really like it if they slapped each other with their dicks instead of their hands?

Be honest now.

That's a whole lot of words to be talking smack to the fastest growing sport in the world, look out soccer

Slap Mountain is frickin hilarious; I think my favorite part is the announcer (uh, Creampie Okerlund) looks just like the current governor of Mississippi. Slap Mountain is everything PowerSlap pretends not to be

Best face rippling slomo's on the interweb

Reasons I don't hate power slap.

1. I don't watch it.

1. It takes no skill. MMA has skill, powerslap does not.

2. Its boring. Nothing happens other than the same slap every time. MMA has tons of techniques and you never know what will happen next. In powerslap you know exactly what will happen next.

3. The "fighters" are out of shape. They even have them wear shirts lol. UFC fighters are either muscular or shredded with the only exceptions at heavyweight.

4. Having a powerslap belt is insulting to the UFC belt. The UFC now had a welterweight division where they hand out both a MMA and powerslap belt. This is insulting to the belt that takes tons of skill and ability to get.

5. It shows up on the UFC youtube channel. Having a vid on a title fight interview right under a powerslap interview is insulting to both the title fight winner and anyone scrolling through my he youtube channel.

6. It's unbalanced. Apparently whoever wins the coin toss and slaps first usually wins.

7. It sounds like a parody. A lot of people have noticed that whenever they try to talk as if they are a sport it sounds like an SNL skit. The slap TUF coaches talking about which "prospect" has which attributes, saying "do you have what it takes" videos of the "training sessions." It just does not come off as it does when those same things are shown in football, basketball, baseball, MMA.

UFC discussion?

Mods getting soft again...

It's entertaining. They still are developing the sport so who knows how it'll eventually turn up. I'm sure it takes as much technique as arm wrestling, which actually there's lots to it. You do have to have a chin until they come up with some defensive thing you can do. There were fat unathletic guys in UFC at first too, have to see where it goes.

Most of all if you don't like something, don't turn it on. You can avoid it even if they put previews in the UFC youtube, you click what you want to engage in. So suck it up.

why not zuffa boxing or invest in making jiu jitsu a mainstream sport idk

Funny that this thread got sent to the Wasteland but the megathread is still allowed in the main forum.

It's entertaining. They still are developing the sport so who knows how it'll eventually turn up. I'm sure it takes as much technique as arm wrestling, which actually there's lots to it. You do have to have a chin until they come up with some defensive thing you can do. There were fat unathletic guys in UFC at first too, have to see where it goes.

Most of all if you don't like something, don't turn it on. You can avoid it even if they put previews in the UFC youtube, you click what you want to engage in. So suck it up.
I hate that it exists, I want it gone.

1. It takes no skill. MMA has skill, powerslap does not.

2. Its boring. Nothing happens other than the same slap every time. MMA has tons of techniques and you never know what will happen next. In powerslap you know exactly what will happen next.

3. The "fighters" are out of shape. They even have them wear shirts lol. UFC fighters are either muscular or shredded with the only exceptions at heavyweight.

4. Having a powerslap belt is insulting to the UFC belt. The UFC now had a welterweight division where they hand out both a MMA and powerslap belt. This is insulting to the belt that takes tons of skill and ability to get.

5. It shows up on the UFC youtube channel. Having a vid on a title fight interview right under a powerslap interview is insulting to both the title fight winner and anyone scrolling through my he youtube channel.

6. It's unbalanced. Apparently whoever wins the coin toss and slaps first usually wins.

7. It sounds like a parody. A lot of people have noticed that whenever they try to talk as if they are a sport it sounds like an SNL skit. The slap TUF coaches talking about which "prospect" has which attributes, saying "do you have what it takes" videos of the "training sessions." It just does not come off as it does when those same things are shown in football, basketball, baseball, MMA.

obviously-sure.gif

Back