Why is everyone picking Lopes over Yusuff?

Thanos

Courting Death
@Black
Reaction score
Lopes always getting blasted trying to go for subs, he is durable but defense is bad. Yusuff hits hard. Does everyone think lopes subs him easy?

He brings it every time. That guy fights for your money and I like to see that.

Also Barboza just gutted a decision W over Yusuff after almost getting finished in the first. I’d say Sodiq has his hands full here and has to fight a great fight

Sodiq Yusuff has always been a touch underrated despite being a very slick and powerful striker but over the years he's sorta showed if you can hurt him or atleast match his firepower he fades pretty quickly. Barboza and Allen both struggled at points of their fights but they bullied Yusuff with their power and obviously they possess very high level striking in their own rights.

Lopes at this level is still a bit of a puzzle but he is ultra aggressive and has the firepower and strength to make Evloev uncomfortable who's another insane athlete like Yusuff. The biggest questions are if Lopes can track or avoid the angles Yusuff will present and if he can strike against a skilled striker. Yusuff gave Allen and Barboza tough looks so it's not like Lopes has a free lane to land big damage.

This is the perfect test for Lopes and I think he passes it just based on the fact Evloev wasn't able to get much space and he's very athletic with quick footwork even if it isn't as technical as Yusuff and he won the fight in the trenches with Lopes I think Yusuff struggles to stay as offensively potent once Lopes gets into range and makes this a bit wild. But Yusuff keeping this at range, taking angles and pot shotting a less technical striker at his preferred pace here isn't actually a crazy pick to be confident in.

I'm not picking Lopes, he's been a ton of fun with his super active style, but I still prefer good technicians to get through the wild onslaught and win

I think you guys are overrating Sodiq's power a tad. His two finishes with strikes in the UFC came against a chinny Benitez (4 KO/TKO losses in the UFC) and Suman Moktharian (can crusher who went 0-2 and cut). He should be the favorite but I wouldn't be surprised if he got caught with something - Lopes has 21 finishes as a pro, he's extremely dangerous anywhere.

Some people just click at the right time, Lopes says getting with Francisco Grasso opened up his striking which in turn opened up his whole game.

They’ve got some kind of strong chemistry at his camp and it seems to be paying dividends for them…. he’s one of the best up and comers on the UFC roster right now.

because he's looked good lately and seems to be improving. this is the one fight im really unsure about. I think Lopez is talent, but I can't really tell what either of their ceilings are.

I think Sodiq is a step up and will neutralize him en route to a decision.
Could never bet on Sodiq again though after dropping the ball vs Barboza.

Yusuff has even worse durability than anything we saw in the evloev fight

I have Lopez winning after getting cracked hard in the beginning. He is way more active. This is probably one of his hardest fights though. Yusuff is a better kickboxer and he is powerful. I think ground wise Lopez is better but Yusuff is a Lloyd Irvin guy. I don't think he will be completely lost on the ground.

Back