Why Is Modern Pop Music So Terrible?

if you lived in the 80s you'd be saying the same shit about Madonna and Elton John in the 70s and Elvis Presley in the 60s. :rolleyes:
Elton John wrote and performed his own songs. Elvis was in his prime in the 50s. He focused on films in the 60s. Neither of them used autotune or quantization so it doesnt really make sense to draw a line from them to pop today, which is essentially heavily processsed computer music.

Last edited:
Elton John wrote and performed his own songs. Elvis was in his prime in the 50s. He focused on films in the 60s. Neither of them used autotune or quantization so it doesnt really make sense to draw a line from them to pop today, which is essentially heavily processsed computer music.
... written by the same two people (the majority). Exactly.

I heard Keshas song Prayer on the radio without realising it was her. Great song pretty diff from her older tunes.

Im only halfway through the video OP posted and so far I can agree.

Modern pop has largely been taken over my rap-pop aka Future mask off, Migos T-shirt and Kodak Black. These artists are the epitome of what that video is trying to explain ie complete lack of lyrics but catchy enough to listen too.

Last edited:
Back