Why is Paddy Pimblett so "popular"? Am I missing something

He’s kinda annoying to me, and I just think a sharp striker is going to tune him up. He is so sloppy…..

interesting alliterative name
Incredible that this never registered in my conscious mind before. Conceivably, it could be a reason I like Holly. Amazing!

- Not a point fighter.
- Active on social media (his YT video UFC Fighter vs Marines has over 9 million views).
- Local guy former Cage Warriors champ who supports his community and is a Liverpool fan.
- It's easy to remember his name and appearance ("Paddy the Baddy"+ Beatles haircut).

Last edited:
Eventually the UFC has to give him a ranked fight right? Even if you genuinely believed he beat Gordon, Gordon isn't even top 30 & they went life & death squeaky controversial split decision (90% of fans thought he lost, 95% of MMA media thought he lost). He can be a fan favourite but he won't ever be a PPV main event because in terms of his MMA game, he's nowhere near that. He can headline a fight night card I guess

Paddy is the next Euro superstar which the UFC needs more than ever since now both Conor & Till are now washed up

The UFC will do whatever it takes to protect Paddy and some no name generic fighter will never get a decision win over Paddy regardless on how the fight went

Paddy runs the game now and will only have fights that are rigged in his favor by the UFC

If the fans actually supported Gordon with social media clicks then the fight might have gone his way but Paddy is more of a star than Gordon which is the main reason he was gifted the decision

Superstars in MMA in this current era will never lose a close decision, O'Malley & Paddy for example

It's because he looks like jay from the Inbetweeners

He is talked about quite a lot on here. His recent Octagon interview has 1.5 million views. He has 2.5 million Instagram followers. In his past fights, I saw lots of fans wearing Paddy the Baddy shirts.

As a fighter, I looked at his record, he hasn't really had many UFC fights and his wins were not against anyone noteworthy.

I have seen some of his interviews. He doesn't seem that funny or charismatic. Although he did have a few good interviews about mental health which is good.

I don't see what the big deal is around this guy. Not hating on him btw, just genuinely curious how he got so big

Doesn't seem to be a humble fighter either

He's a boot licker runs Dana's balls at knight

I watched one of his youtube videos where they had like an in house BJJ tourney. Not gonna lie, he's a pretty likeable entertaining dude. I can see where his popularity comes from.
His fighting style is reckless as well.

He's unfortunately lacking top tier talent so his style and personality will only get him so far. He's realistically reached his peak.

outside of england?

I don't think it's manufactured there either. If popularity like that was manufacturable they'd do it all the time. People just like the dude.

I’ve seen a lot of the hype die off after that last fight. I think the bad decision really soured people on him and opened some eyes to where his ceiling is at.

I think the UFC is desperate to find a favorable matchup for him right now. There are a lot of competition out there ranked above him that don’t like him and wouldn’t be a gimmie fight.

Because he talks trash in a "funny" voice. Idk, basically the same reason Conor got so popular (but Conor had more talent)

Back